After dinner Gabriel got up from the table and carefully followed Ororo out. He headed up to his room packed a small bag and went in search of Charles.
“Where is she Charles?”
“Spain. Gabriel it will endanger her to go find her.”
“I’ll be a silent shadow I promise I won’t interfere, What is she doing?”
Charles explained and Gabriel couldn’t help but smile. Charles looked at him.
“If the Marquis claims her which he will knowing Adrienne it will endanger her to be seen with you. Don’t go Gabriel.”
“You can’t stop me Charles.”
Charles sighed.
“I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this. I’m sorry Gabriel, I can’t let you go.”
Gabriel crumbled to the floor.
*Collosus I could use your help.*
*On my way Charles.*
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Adrienne smiled as her pilot friend walked out.
“We are here my lady.”
“Thanks Jack. Can I rely on some help?”
“Always maam.”
“Good find out which race the Marquis will be racing tonight, buy me a spot heres some money and a title that should easily get me in.”
“No problem.”
“I’ll be at my hotel.”
“Good. I’ll meet you back there.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Good.”
Adrienne jumped in her car put on her sunglasses and drove to the nearby hotel where she was staying. When she walked in the man behind the counter smiled.
“It is the famed lady racer Lady Night. Welcome to our establishment. You will of course have the best suit and all of the best of our humble town.”
Adrienne smiled.
“I see my benefactor set this all up.”
“Oh yes my lady, we understand your challenging the marquis.”
Adrienne grinned.
“That I am.”
The man smiled.
“Careful lady, hes the most charming man in all of Spain.”
“Well then, we’ll see how well he stands.”
The man smiled.
“He likes em Sassy.”
“My room.”
“OO Of course maam.”
He took her up the stairs and to a luxury suite. Adrienne tipped the man and walked into her expanse room. She walked over to the window overlooking the city. It was beautiful outside. She took a deep breath and went to her bathroom to shower. After taking a shower she dressed for her race, she chose a tight pair of black pants, a medium low shirt and knee high boots. She sighed and brushed her long hair out. She heard a knock on the door, Jack was at the door. He gave her a once over and smiled.
“Ready to seduce the man I see.”
Adrienne glared at him.
“Get me in?”
“You were already in and your crew team is working on the car already.”
“Crew team?”
“Yes. They seemed good.”
Adrienne swore grabbed a scrunchy and her helmet and Jack followed her driving her to the raceway. When they reached it she walked over to her car to see her pit crew. Adrienne stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Ororo bending over changing her tires.
*Up for a mental chat sister?*
Ororo not seeing her chuckled.
*Sure Whats up?*
*Theres a bit of backround noise what are you doing?*
Ororo turned and smiled.
“We flew out a few hours ago, thought you could use some help.”
Adrienne laughed. She walked over and hugged Ororo.
“I’m glad you’re here, you know what your doing.”
“Hey she ain’t the only one.”
Adrienne turned to see Logan and smiled.
“Hi Logan.”
He caught her in a hug.
“We were worried about you.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“So I see. Charles send you?”
“Yep.”
“well now that you’re here make sure you get that tire screwed on tight, Ororo would you check the pressure of the brakes and the steering. I want her smooth real smooth.”
Ororo nodded.
“Aiya Captain. And nice choice of an outfit, fits the job.”
“I’ll second that. Darlin.”
Adrienne laughed.
“Thanks.”
Adrienne headed out and pulled her hair back taking a deep breath. She propped her feet up and accepted the beer the stand tender gave her. She watched the Marquis do a test drive around the track. His car pulled a bit to the left leaving room for a nasty slice to anyone who raced against him. He hugged the inside line and liked to take the curves sharp, a bit of pressure and he’d spin out. The track itself was built to be slick meaning the tires wouldn’t grip as well. The Marquis finished his lap Adrienne pulling out a few of his other errors. The owner of the track came up and spoke to her.
“It is an honor my lady to have you race here, the marquis extends his thakns for accepting his challenge. The wager is one million you have met it, race well.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Thank you for having me and allowing me to race. Lets get this show on the road.”
Adrienne walked down to her car and looked at Ororo.
“Careful kiddo he looks vicous.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Car pulls to the left, he hugs the lines, hes a vicious driver and hes cocky.”
Ororo nodded.
“Good assessment, watch that third curve it’s a bit tight.”
Logan had also been watching the marquis.
“Watch him Adrienne he;s crafy. His car is enhanced, hes got a two power motor, recent release, he can gun it and gain 20 milesperhour in speed. His car pulls to the left because he had enhanced power steering making each wheels compensate for the lack of tread on the roadway.”
Adrienne and Ororo looked at Logan in shock.
“When?”
Logan smiled.
“Dunno, I love tinkering with cars and motorcycles though.”
Both laughed at him. Adrienne pulled her hair back and her helmet on. She grabbed her sunglasses and jumped in the car. Adrienne started her engine its thrum like music ot her ears. She turned on her music and blared it. She drove up beside the marquis, who was busy playing with the radio. He looked up at her as the bell went off she winked at him and took off down the track. The Marquis momnetarily stunned by her beauty took off after her. He loved the chase. Adrienne seeing him come up behind her In the rearview mirror gunned it shifting her car into the next gear. The marquis was no fool and he watched as she hugged the inner line and cut him off at every turn. As they neared the second lap he gunned it using his speed to his advantage and attempted to pass her instead came right up along side her. She grinned wickedly at him as she turned into the next turn. The Marquis brought his car close to hers and began pushing her car more into the curve. Adrienne seeing what he was doing hit the brakes and pulled behind him. The Marquis smiled, though he wasn’t expecting her next move, she braked swerved beside him and took the next curve sharp forcing him over. His tires hit the dirt and he spun out. She grinned as she passed him. The Marquis swore regained control of the car and gunned it using his speed. He matched her as they crossed the finish line. The owner raced back and looked at the camera, Lady Night had won by a few seconds.
“Sorry Marquis she won.”
The Marquis Tlakan was leaning against his car and studying the stunning women before him.
“Fine pay her, that was a hell of a good race.”
He turned on his charm and ran his hands through his thick black hair. He straightened it and turned to face Lady Night.
“My honor lady has been compromised.”
“Not really Marquis you drove a hell of a race, I just know a few more tricks.”
He raised an eyebrow.
“I would love to learn say dinner tonight?”
Adrienne almost died with laughter at his pickup line but playing the innocent extened her hand.
“Dinner it is.”
Adrienne headed to her car Ororo and Logan agreeing to meet her back at the hotel. She headed up to her room, took a shower and changed into jeans. She then headed down to the lobby to meet Ororo and Logan. They were deeply immersed in a conversation Logan wearing a sloppy sidegrin. Adrienne chuckled and snuck up behind Ro.
“Hey RoRo.”
Ororo looked up and smiled at her pet nickname.
“Hi sister. Good race today, we were scared for you for all of about twenty seconds.”
Adrienne laughed.
“Yeah well, you can always win against a charming man with just a wink.”
Logan guwaffed almost spitting out his drink. He scowled at Adrienne.
“I doubt that’d work against me Darlin.”
“Not by me it wouldn’t but if it was Ro here it would.”
Logan scowled deeper.
“Naw ah.”
Adrienne raised an eyebrow her eyes dancing.
“Uh huh.”
They procededed to argue back and forth for about twenty minutes when Ororo who was holding her sides from laughter stopped them.
“OK OK you’ve both proved your points.”
Adrienne laughed and ordered a beer as the waiter came up.
“So plans for tonight?”
Logan grinned.
“I’m taking Miss Munroe here out to dinner and then maybe do some dancing. I’d also like to take her to the local carnival.”
Ro grinned at this. Adrienne chuckled at Logan’s sentimentality, truly this feral man was a romantic at heart.
“You?”
Adrienne was about to answer when a messenger walked up and handed Adrienne a box.
“Delivery for you my lady.”
“Thank you messenger.”
He bowed and walked away. Adrienne opened the box to find absolutely gorgeous white roses and a note.
“My lady, I look forward to tonight, I wanted to congratulate you on your victory, you are a truly superior driver.- Marquis Talkala Until tonight my lady.”
Ororo whistled.
“He moves fast.”
Adrienne grinned at the mans gesture.
“Well at least hes winning brownie points.”
Logan scowled again.
“Be careful kiddo my nose tells me something is up.”
Adrienne turned serious and looked at Logan.
“I will be Logan.”
Logan nodded.
“Good.”
Adrienne stood.
“I should go get ready the Marquis will be here soon.”
Both nodded. Ororo stood and embraced her tightly.
“Don’t let him charm your pants of eh?”
Adrienne laughed.
“Try not to.”
Logan surprised both of them when he grabbed Adrienne in a hug to. He looked at her there eyes meeting.
“Be careful Adrienne the most deadly snake is usually the most beautiful.”
Adrienne surprised by his philosophical thought smiled.
“always Logan always.”
He seemed satisfied and then let her go. He and Ororo watched her walk off.
“I worry.”
Ororo nodded touched by Logan’s love for Adrienne.
“I do to Logan I do to.”
He grabbed her hand intertwining her fingers with his and led her out of the restaurant.





You must login () to review.