Adrienne back in her room put the flowers in a vase provided by the staff and looked through her closet for something to wear. She finally decided on a emerald green sleeveless open back, mandarin collar, with a tear drop opening under the collar. It had the print of the phoenix on it.. She pulled her hair back in a ponytail, curling the ends and applied her makeup. A gentle knock came on the door and Adrienne went to answer it. She smiled when she opened it to see the Marquis. His eyes widened when he saw her, and he took her extended hand.
“You look absolutely stunning you take my breath away. You are truly beautiful my lady.”
Adrienne laughed and assessed him. He was dressed in a pair of black slacks with a white shirt a sports jacket slung over his shoulder. He was a very fit and very sexy man.
“And you Marquis look very handsome.”
He laughed and escorted her to the door. logan and Ororo sitting down in the lobby waiting for their cab watched as the couple walked by. Logan whistled.
“He’s gonna have his hands full tonight.”
“That he is.”
*I’m glad you approve of my dress sister.*
Ororo laughed as Logan glanced at her concerned. Ororo tapped the sideof her head and Logan smiled understanding.
*Be careful Adrienne, pretty soon you’ll have ever man on this side of the river after you.*
*Oh but that was the point.*
Ororo laughed and shook her head. Logan grabbed her arm and escorted her to the waiting taxi cab. They went to a nearby jazz club and together enjoyed the fingered beauty of the piano, and the rat tat tat of the snare, and the sound of the trumpet. Ororo sighed in contentment. Logan smiled.
“I didn’t know you loved jazz so much baby.”
Ororo smiled.
“That I do, dance with me.”
Together the two of them went and danced moving to the music together. Logan’s deep voice rumbled in her ear as they danced.
“I love you Ororo.”
She smiled against his head.
“And I you Logan.”
He reached down and pulled her eyes up to him, the song began to pick up and he smiled at her.
“Trust me?”
Ororo laughed.
“Of course.”
“Good.”
Logan swung her out from his body and began the steps to swing. Ororo gaped. He smiled at her.
“Trust me follow my lead.”
The two became the applaud of the restaurant as they danced Ororo following Logan;s lead. After the dance ended Logan glanced over at the band and requested a slow song giving it by name. The band complied with a smile. He drew Ororo back into his arms and the two danced close together. Logan buried his nose in her hair and inhaled deeply. They moved in a small circle around the floor. As the song came to a close Logan led her off the dance floor the whole restaurant applauding them. As they sat down Ororo looked at him.
“Little did I know you were such a good dancer.”
Logan smiled.
“Theres a lot of things you don’t know bout me darlin.”
Ororo smiled across at him.
“MM but I intend to find out.” /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The Marquis smiled across the table at her.
“So lady night you kicked my butt at car racing, what else about you can I hope to discover? Are you truly as mysterious as your name suggests?”
“Some say I am.”
She swirled the wine in her wine glass and glanced at the Marquis. He smiled.
“May I have the honor of the ladies first name?”
Adrienne smile.d
“Adrienne.”
“A beautiful name. My name is Tyler.”
The two spent the evening laughing and talking, the marquis wonderfully charming and with each new second he was more enamored with the women sitting before him. Her eyes were exteremely haunting, he was captivated by them.
“So tell me lady what makes you tick?”
Adirenne laughed.
“ It’s a long story.”
“Do tell me my dear.”
“Well I love hiking and spending time talking to people, hunting is fun as well at least in my home. We do much there. In my home we have many wild horses and many nights I run alongside them, it is beautiful.They are beautiful I love racing fast cars, polotics are fun to dabble in when I can but many times I avoid them. And you?”
The marquis laughed.
“Fast cars, fencing, polotics again something I avoid.”
“What I though you were the marquis of Spain aren’t polotics your job. “
The Marquis laughed.
“Funny Adrienne funny. But come on as the princess of wakanada you hide behind fast cars an alchohol. SO I don’t think me hiding is to much.”
Adrienne laughed.
“I see you’ve found me out marquis.”
“Tyler please My lady I have no intention of exposing you as you don’t expose me, let this be a time for titles to be set aside. “
Adrienne cocked her head and looked at the man sitting across from her. His green met hers She smiled.
“I think I’d like that.”
He smiled at her, and without thinking reached across the table and brushed her cheek. Her eyes danced. They laughed and joked the evening through and as the evening waned the marquis stood.
“Come my lady it is getting late.”
He took her arm and escorted her to the hotel. When they reached the hotel the marquis found he didn’t want to separate from her. He smiled.
“Walk with me?”
Adrienne laughed the both having established a repor with one another.
“Why not.”
The Marquis led her through a beautiful gardens and talked with her. He turned and smiled at her the beautiful smell of the garden alluring both of their senses. She stopped and touched gently a rose petal. It seemed to respond to her touch almost lifting its head in the chilly night. She turned to him and smiled.
“Its cold tonight, I fear for the roses.”
Touched by her tenderness towards the flower the Marquis smiled felt his defenses dropping. He led her to a nearby bench where they sat down together.
“Remind me to take you to my rose garden sometime my mother insists on the greenhouse being a certain temperature so her roses do not die.”
Adrienne leaned back completely relaxed.
“I would like that.”
He was enamored by the beautiful grayish glint to her green eyes. She noticed him studying her and laughed.
“What?”
The Marquis smiled.
“You’re beautiful. The moonlight catches your eyes just right and it almost looks as if the clouds themselves were brushing across them.”
Adrienne stunned by his poetic words just softly smiled.
“My lady there is a ball tomorrow night at my home, would you come and brighten a dull social event?”
“Not much of a socialist are you?”
Tyler laughed.
“No afraid I hate the bloody events.”
Adrienne laughed a deep throated laugh.
“I haven’t got a thing to wear.”
Tyler smiled wider.
“I’ll take you shopping tomorrow and buy you any dress you want, it’ll be fun.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Allright.”
“Good. I will pick you up tomorrow at noon.”
He escorted her back to her suite and kissed her hand at the door.
“I bid you adeui my sweet lady.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Goodnight Marquis.”
Adrienne stepped in her room and took off her heels. She went to the bathroom and took a shower, after she got out she was surprised to hear her phone ring. She answered and heard a laugh.
“Hi sister.”
“Hi little one are you alone?”
“Oh yes.”
“Good I want my bed.”
“Not sharing a bed with Logan?”
“Charles doesn’t know about us. So he set it up for the boys to share a room and us to share a room.”
“Allright well doors open.”
“Be there ina sec.”
Adrienne hung up the phone laughing. She went to her bathroom and toweled her hair trying to get it dry and brushed it. Ororo walked calling a hello. Adrienne walked out of her enormous bathroom and smiled taking one of several beers Ororo was carrying.
“Yumm microbrews. Hi.”
“HI.”
Ororo plopped down on the oversized bed and glanced at Adrienne.
“So tell me about Mr drooley face.”
Adrienne laughed.
“He’s charming seductive and rather gentlemanly. He didn’t even try to kiss me. I’m going to a ball tomorrow night, hes taking me dress shopping tomorrow.”
Ororo whistled.
“Wow he’s not wasting any time is he?”
“no he’s not.”
“And your seducing?”
“Buying my time sister, buying my time. I have to win Mama over tomorrow night.”
“That’ll be a chore.”
Adrienne now laying on her stomach rolled and looked at her.
“You think so?”
“No sister, not for you.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“It went well for a first date. He knows who I am Ororo.”
Ororo looked at her.
“That’s no surprise, hes known for having outside sources of information, do you know the full extent of who he is?”
“Yes.”
“Good. No com eon sleeping beauty we can’t have you having bags under your eyes tomorrow for prince charming.”
Adrienne threw a pillow at Ororo.
“Your just jealous.”
“Not at all mon ami.”
She threw the pillow back and the two soon fell asleep. The two were awoken the next morning by the sound of someone knocking on the door.
“Hey sleepin beauties open up de wolverine and I re hunry.”
Adrienne rolled over and yelled back.
“Go away we aren’t hungry.”
“Mon petit chere the gambit is, don’t make a man wait for his breakfast non?”
Ororo laughed.
“Allright my brother we’ll be down in twenty minutes.”
The two got up casting annoyed glances at the door. Adrienne headed for the bathroom taking a quick shower and then turned on the TV while Ro showered. After they were both finished they headed down to the restaurant and smiled at the boys. Gambit grinned.
“Glad you ladies decided to join us.”
The four of them laughed, enjoying breakfast and each others company. Later o nthey headed out into the village exploring the town. Adrienne and Ororo shopped while Logan and Gambit talked. They rounded a corner and were surprised to find that they were in the midst of a large crowd. There was a large speaker on the stage, she and Ororo listened for a moment. Adrienne looked at the stage and a smile played across her lips as she saw the Marquis. He was in a pair of jeans and a tshirt , it took Adrienne’s breath away as she assessed him. He was about halfway through his speech and Adrienne just smiled. His eyes caught her and he smiled down at her his speech momentarily interrupted. At the end of the speech he stepped off the stage and went to her.
“You’ve found me out.”
“It seems I have Tyler.”
“Your in town early.”
“yeah we needed some time to have some fun.”
He smiled and maneuvered himself off the stage He called to a few people that he was leaving and they nodded to him. He smiled at Ororo.
“I’m Tyler.”
Ororo nodded to him.
“Ororo.”
“Ah the famed weather manipulator in Wakanda.”
Ororo smiled.
“You know a lot about us.”
“I do at that.”
Adrienne grinned at him her breath catching in her throat as he smiled. HS e felt her kneews go slightly weak but ignored it.
“SO Tyler, you’re the Marquis of Spain yet you so easily attempt to take over the government how does that work?”
Tyler smiled and put hishand in the small of her back steering her out of the crowd.
“Its not a attempt to take over the government. Simply attempting to make it better trust me dear lady. Come ladies let me take you to our dress market.”
Logan rounded the corner to see the Marquis and smiled. He walked up to Ororo and put his arm around her waist.
“I’m Logan.”
Tyler nodded.
“Tyler.”
Logan grinned.
“Nice ta meet ya bub.”
“And to you Logan.”
Tyler turned his attention to Adrienne.
“You didn’t tell me you had friends.”
“Please come to the ball tonight, ladies go look for dresses, I will pay for both, charge whatever you choose to my account. Logan and I will go get our suits. See you alter ladies.”
Ororo stood stock still and Adrienne chuckled.
“Are you sure Tyler we can be very expensive.”
He smiled as he stepped closer as his voice dropped to a whisper.
“It’s the least I can do for the princess of wakanada.”
Adrienne met his gaze smiling.
“Allright Marquis.”
He smiled.
“Go now and look beautiful for us tonight.”
The two women walked away laughing and headed to one of the nearby shops. Logan standing behind him chuckled.
“You know your credit just ran out right?”
“ON the contrary Logan it is very good, though I have no doubt that Adrienne and Ororo have excellent taste. Shall we?”
“Where we going bub?”
“I thought you might like seeing some of the male activities in my town.”
“If you mean girls and boos I’m not up for it.”
“Not at all Logan I mean bulls and cars.”
Logan grinned ferally.
“Now that I could do.”
Tyler laughed.
“Then bulls and cars we will go to.”
As the two men talked Logan asked many questions.
“So whats your deal with the girl?”
“Adrienne?”
“Yea bub.”
“Shes fascinating Logan, beautiful, strong, mysterious.”
“and your intentions?”
Tyler smiled and studied Logan.
“ I can appreciate a man who cares about her as a brother, respect him as well. Well to answer your question I am unsure normally women come easy to me, I’ve never met a women who can fascinate me, make me go weak at the knees, and across a room capture my attention with so much as a look. I just want to get to know her.”
Logan smiled.
“I can appreciate a man who cares and is honest, but if shes just a piece of ass to you Tyler you better think twice, I’ll gut you if you hurt her.”
Tyler smiled.
“You could Logan and hurt me badly. How long have you had the adamantium skeleton?”
Logan’s head shot up as he growled.
“How’d you?”
Tyler laughed and held up his hands.
“Calm down. I am a mutant as well, xray vision and eyes that shoot out optic blasts.”
“But you don’t have to wear glasses.”
“Your right. A man much like Xavier helped me learn to control it, I can actually rearrange the molecules in my eyes, my mutation is very advanced.”
Logan chuckled.
“That’s pretty amazing.”
“As is your ability my friend.”
“So when you look a the ladies do you?”
Tyler stopped him.
“No. I could but no.”
Both laughed and Tyler lead him into an arena. There were several matadors playing with a large bull.
“That’s El Rojo, hes the biggest bull in our territory, I will be fighting him next week, would you like to come train with me?”
Logan grinned.
“Love to.”
“Good lets go.”
They walked down into the arena and were greeted by several of the matadors. Tyler introduced Logan and handed him a red cloth. The matadors quickly stood to the side of the arena and Logan studied the large bull before him. His eyes glinted.
“Come on big boy come get some.”
The bull snorted and charged Logan, tyler watched him with an appraising look, Logan handled himself well. When the bull charged a second time Logan jumped his palm catching the bull on the forehead, using his momentum he flipped himself over the top of the bull. The matadors cheered.
“Where’d you find him Tyler?”
“Hes a friend of a friend. Good man.”
Sevreal minutes later Logan finished up the bull tired. Tyler smiled and as they walked out of the arena area they met the girls at a local restaurant. Logan walked up to Ororo and kissed her. She smiled into his lips.
“Your hot.”
Logan growled.
“Thanks darlin.”
Ororo sighed.
“Your incoragable.”
“Yes I am.”
“What were you doing?”
“man stuff.”
Ororo and Adrienne glanced at the two men. Adrienne walked over to Tyler.
“Man stuff eh? And what would I have to do to find out.”
She was close to him scant inches from his face. Tyler’s voice dropped in an attempt to not reach out and touch her.
“Nothing you could do would drag it from me sweet lady.”
Adrienne raised an eyebrow.
“We’ll see if that holds tonight handsome.”
Tyler took a deep calming breath as he watched her walk away. Logan and Ororo chuckled. Logan came up to him as Ororo caught up with Adrienne.
“Better watch it bub she’s fire.”
“SO I see Logan so I see.”





You must login () to review.