The four of them headed back to the hotel, Logan and Tyler went to the boys room while Adrienne and Ororo headed to the suite. They giggled at each other as they each slipped into their dresses. Adrienne had picked a side shoulder evening gown that was burgundy and navy blue it was a long evening gown. Ororo was wearing a black Ralph Lauren that had a Chinese dragon pattern. Ororo looked soflty at Adrienne.
“One more touch.”
She came back with a pair of African earrings. Adrienne smiled.
“Nice.”
Ororo searched for another pair of earrings. Adriennne chuckled.
“Try these.”
They were asian with dragons.
“Perfect.”
They both did a quick job on their hair and headed down to the lobby. As they descended the stairs they smiled at the boys. Logan and Tyler both stoof their stunned for several minutes, all the men in the lobby had turned and looked at them. Adrienne’s eyes caught Tylers, Goddess he looked sexy, he was wearing a black tux with the top two buttons of his shirt open. A smile played against her lips Ororo catching it smiled as well.
*Careful sister.*
*O I plan on being naughty, Goddess I think we are the luckiest women on Earth tonight.*
She heard Ororo chuckle.
*I think I agree with you. Come on lets enjoy tonight.*
Logan caught Ororo’s hand as she reached the bottom step, he pulled her close to him.
“You take my breath away.”
Ororo smiled.
Tyler also had taken Adrienne’s hand and twirled her around gently.
“Stunning.”
That was all he said and he led her to the limo. Logan and Ororo followed. Tyler opened the door and helped Adrienne in, he got in behind her and Ororo and Logan followed.
They arrived at a large mansion several minutes later, it was expanse and lit up. Logan smiled the marquis was winning brownie points with him.
“How big is it?”
Tyler smiled.
“fifty bedrooms, three large living rooms, a huge library and three expanse kitchens, a large indoor pool, two outdoor, including the stables it turns out to be about a thousand acers of land.”
Logan whistled.
“that’s quite a bit.”
“Family inheritance its been in my family for years. Beautiful spot. Theres a lake with several cabins, that was my addition.”
Ororo noticed a look that passed over Adrienne’s face, concern passed over herown.
*Adrienne? You ok?*
*Fine Ororo.*
*your so full of shit, whats wrong?*
* Tell you later I don’t want to ruin the evening.*
*allright.*
The car stopped and the door was opened. Adrienne Ororo and Logan spent the evening in high Spanish society enjoying champagne, political conversations, dancing and a very good dinner. After dinner Tyler walked over to Adrienne. He leaned near her ear.
“Dance with me?”
Adrienne smiled.
“Of course.”
He led her out to the dance floor and pulled her close to him, Adrienne took a deep breath, he smelled amazing. He looked down at her.
“What?”
Adrienne smiled.
“Nothing, had a bit to much bubbly maybe?”
He smiled down at her.
“Remind me to buy you champagne more often your cute with ‘a little to much bubbly.’”
Adrienne smiled.
“You know if I didn’t know better I’d say you were flirting with me Tyler.”
Tyler smiled pulling her close.
“Man I must really be rusty if you have to question it.”
Adrienne laughed. As the dance ended he steered her off the dance floor and towards the table. He was surprised when his mother walked over to him. He hugged her and kissed her on her cheek.
“So Tyler my son who is this beautiful women you brought home to me?”
“Mother this is Adrienne.”
Adrienne reached out and took the hand extended her, the women before her had beautiful blue eyes and pitch blak hair, it was curled back and adorned with several decorations, naturally curly. Adrienne kissed the hand and bowed.
“My lady Marquis.”
“Stop child you are a guest in my home.”
Their eyes met again and Adrienne hid her sharp intake of breath as clouds seemed to dance over them. Adrienne felt her own eyes doing the same but stopped it. The women studied her a moment then smiled.
“I like her son, bring her and her friends around for lunch in two days. Take her riding, move their things to the mansion.”
Adrienne moved to protest but her protest was waved aside by the women standing before her.
“No arguments child. I want to get to know you better.”
Adrienne respectfully bowed.
“Yes maam.”
“Stop bowing child we both know it is I who should bow to you.”
She spoke soflty in swahili to Adrienne.
“Anoma tobela. (Crowned daughter of wakanda).”
Adrienne stood stock still as the women walked away. Tyler looked as confounded as Adrienne did at his mothers speech.
“What language was she speaking?”
Adrienne refrained from answering and went back to the table. She looked directly at Ororo.
*We might have a problem.*
*Oh?*
*our things are being moved here.*
*not that you can complain about the accomadations.*
*Ororo she spoke Swahili.*
Ororo’s eyebrows shot up.
* who is she?*
*I have no clue.*
*Rest sister I will check her out tomorrow, and way to win the mother.*
Adrienne rolled her eyes. Tyler walked up behind her and put his arm around her waist.
“Walk with me Lady? You’re the bell of the ball.”
Adrienne laughed and followed him. He took her hand a gesture that warmed her heart. He lead her wayb from the crowd and outside. Adrienne took a deep breath of the night air.
“I’m sorry about my mother she can be a bit pushy.”
Adrienne laughed.
“She was fine Tyler, its just not everyday I meet someone who speaks my native tongue.”
He looked at her.
“Which is?”
“Swahili, where is your mother from?”
“I’m afraid I cannot answer that.”
The two talked for an hour and then Tyler took all three of them back to the hotel, before he ducked back into the limo Adrienne squezzed his hand.
“Until tomorrow my lady. I’ll be by around eleven. Do you like horses? I have a surprise for you tomorrow.”
Adrienne smiled and walked to her room. As soon as the door closed behind them Adrienne took a deep steadying breath. Goddess that man had an affect on her. Ororo noticed her deep breathing and smiled.
“Men have that affect love.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“Damm men.”
Tyler got back in the car and drove back to the mansion his heart burning within his chest, he had only known her two days and he was falling in love with her. In the back of his mind a silent haunting began to emerge, reminding him of his title and his position. Reminding him that he could not fall in love with her, reminding him that he was the marquis of Spain and she was the princess of Wakanada.
Adrienne woke up the next morning and sighed. She had dreamed of Tyler she stretched calmly and threw on her running clothes and went for a run in the village. She needed to clear her head. Some of the merchants called out good mornings to her remembering her from the race. She waved back to them and ran along the ocean shore, her feet pounfing the ground and her breath coming in short gasps. She ran for about an hour and then headed back to the hotel. She saw a limo pulled up and watched Tyler step out. She cursed and attempted to turn around, he couldn’t see her like this. He did see her and called to her. She stopped and turned to face him. She almost rammed into him as she turned around. He caught her in his arms and smiled down at her.
“Hi.”
His voice deepened in an amused rumble.
“Hi to you to. I like you sweaty.”
Adrienne laughed.
“I’m going to go take a shower.”
He smiled and attempted to block her, the “danced” for a few minutes then Adrienne slipped past him and went to her room. When she reached it Ororo smiled.
“You look like someone who is upset.”
“No not really just frustrated. I am all sweaty and I saw Tyler.”
Ororo smiled.
“Nice, that must have been embarrassing.”
Adrienne laughed.
“Shouldn’t have been. I am going to go take a shower.”
Ororo laughed and finished packing both of them. Ten minutes later Adrienne emerged from the shower as the Marquis knocked on the door. Adrienne yelped and jumped back into the bathroom as Ororo called out a just a minute. Adrienne jammed on her clothes and emerged just as Ororo opened the door. He smiled.
“Ready to go ladies?”
both women nodded as Adrienne grabbed the brush, brushed her hair and thre it into her nearby bag. Adrienne felt her heart flip as he watched her. Ororo noticed the two of them just looking at each other carefully. She watched her friend and chuckled, Adrienne quickly broke the silence by stepping past him.
“Ready?”
Tyler watched her carefully and stepped out to join her.
“Of course.”
He put his arm around her waist and escorted her out the door. Adrienne felt her breath catch at his touch, it was like electricity through her shirt. Ororo was almost laughing at the two. She did a last look around the room mumbling under her breath.
“Won’t be long now.”
Logan met her outside the door and followed her down to the hummer parked in the driveway.
“Logan more man stuff tomorrow, competition tomorrow. Kidnap?”
Logan smiled understanding his meaning.
“Heck yeah.”
When they reached the mansion Tyler showed her to her room carrying her bags. He couldn’t help but notice that her hips swayed just a certain way to attract his attention, if she kept that up she’d be in big trouble. He noticed her smile over her shoulder at him. When they reached her room he dropped her bags at the room. He had chosen a beautiful room for her, it overlooked a large forest, he knew she would love it. She took a deep breath looking out, she pushed open the double doors that lead out to the expanse porch. He came up behind her.
“it’s beautiful.”
“MM it is. I thought it would remind you of the plains in which you used to run with the wild horses.”
Adrienne smiled at his response.





You must login () to review.