Adrienne awoke the next day and smiled relishing in the strong arm around her waist. She rolled over and kissed the man laying next to her. He groaned but she felt his arm tighten around her. Adrienne smiled realizing that he was playing with her, she cocked an eyebrow and smiled seductively. Her fingers slowly began to make circles in his chest, she bent closer and kissed him, her tongue sweeping his. He inadvertently moaned and pulled her closer deepening their kiss. They broke apart when breath became necessary and he looked softly at her. He brushed a stray hair out of her face, memorizing every feature, every line, every speck of gray in her green eyes. He planted feather kissed on her eyes and whispered into them.
“I love you.”
Adrienne stared into his eyes and spoke softly in Swahili. She caressed his face, telling him she loved him, telling him how priceless he was to her. He just smiled and knew not exactly the words she was saying, but understood her meaning with every touch, every caress, every kiss so well planted. She ended her talking with a kiss, passionate and deep. It was a kiss he could get lost in. He pulled her closer their entire bodies touching. It was mind numbing for the both of them. The two of them lay their talking when Adrienne heard Ororo’s voice echo through her mind. She jumped.
*Adrienne sister where are you?*
*Do I really even need to answer that? Whats up?*
*charles needs all three of us home.*
*Why?*
*I don’t know, he just asked us.*
Adrienne groaned, and Tyler grimaced k nowing what that meant.
*on my way.*
After the conversation ended tyler watched her eyes flicker, he watched the grey come and knew her emotions were taking over.
“What’s going on baby?”
“I gotta go Tyler, its Charles.”
He looked at her softly.
“I understand but I don’t think I could lose you.”
She smiled.
“I don’t think you’ll ever lose me.”
he kissed her again and looked at her.
“Stay, I have something for you.”
He got up and pulled on his jeans and Adrienne heard him pad down the hallway of the cabin. She stayed in bed a moment later, she reached over and pulled his pillow near her, it smelled like him, smelled like them. She took a deep breath and let it linger in her senses. Then she got up and started getting dressed. Tyler had snuck quietly in the doorway and watched her dress. When she was done he walked over kissing her soflty, deeply. She pulled away after a moment and smiled at him. Her finger traced his jaw lovingly.
“Keep that up and I won’t be going anywhere.”
A seductive smile came over his lips, his washboard stomach traced gently by her fingers.
“Really?”
He pulled her tighter to his chest, her fingers stopping their distracting tracing, instead she put them on his back and hugged him squeezing him tightly. She listened to his heart beating and heard his voice rumble through his chest. He lifted her face and eyes to his with a gentle finger.
“Let me go with you, I can help.”
Adrienne took a deep breath longing for him. She sighed and quickly told him about Gabriel.
“Well your not dating him officially I don’t see a problem.”
Adrienne sighed and she looked up at him.
“Baby its only been a week and I’ve fallen in love with you don’t leave me now.”
Adrienne sighed.
“Allright, but consider yourself forwarned its not going to be a walk in the park.”
He grinned and the two quickly got dressed. They headed out to the barn and the horses were unsaddled and resting.
“HOW?”
Tyler laughed.
“ One of the servants I don’t know.”
Together they quickly saddled the horses and headed down the hill. When they pulled into the barn they headed to the mansion. They walked in separately and Adrienne headed to her room. When she opened the door she was not surprised to find Ororo in her room.
“You were out late last night.”
Adrienne smiled.
“MM We got caught in the storm yesterday.”
Ororo raised an amused eyebrow.
“Stuck.”
“Oh shut up.”
“So how was it?”
Adrienne gave her a look that she was lame for even asking that question.
“So you went for a horseback ride with the boy, got caught in the rain and…?”
Adrienne glanced at her.
“Details?”
Ororo grinned.
“Of Course.”
“well he came and got me from my room and took me over to the stables.”
Ororo interrupted.
“Where you proceeded to flirt shamelessly.”
Adrienne smiled.
“It was a two way street let me tell you. Anyways we went for a ride after we set out and rode up to the lake. He brought a wonderful picnic lunch we talked for a couple hours and he picked up the mess from the picnic and it started to rain. We started kissing and he stopped us by reminding us of who we are. I told him to shut up and kiss me and one thing led to another.”
“And how does miss Adrienne feel?”
Adrienne paused what she was doing and stopped to look at Ororo.
“ I love him Ororo.”
“And Gabriel?”
“A kiss, a make out session just one of those things.”
Ororo smiled, she understood well.
“So you’ve fallen in love with the Marquis of Spain, hell of a way to do it babe. Trying to charm the charmer eh?”
Adrienne looked at her and sighed.
“I fell in love with the charmer yes.”
Ororo chuckled.
“ I approve Adrienne He’s amazing, truly the man for you. You two fit.”
Adrienne playfully walked over and smiled at Ororo.
“I’m glad you’re my sister and I am glad you approve.”
A slightly troubled look passed over ororo’s features.
“Can we have coffee tonight? I think we should talk about this more.”
Adrienne sensing her tourble nodded.
“Of course.”
Ororo smiled at her.
“I have something else to tell you.”
“Oh?”
“Logan proposed last night Adrienne.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Really?”
She chuckled.
“I knew that.”
“What how?
“Who do you think he got permission from?”
Ororo looked at her.
“What?!”
“He asked me a few days ago, we had a long talk about it.”
“I was wondering where the hell you two had gone off to.”
“Well that’s where.”
Ororo chuckled.
“And I assume you gave him permission.”
“Yes I did.”
“Well then it seems I’m well taken care of.”
“Always my sister always.”
They hugged each other tightly. A knock came at the door interrupting them. Tyler poked his head in, he walked over to Adrienne and shamelessly kissed her. Adrienne felt her knees go weak. His fingers traced her jaw momentarily and his eyes met hers in a captivating glance, he looked at Ororo.
“Hey there lady.”
“Hi sir. Whats up?”
“just collecting Adrienne, Logan says we are ready to go.”
Ororo smiled.
“Allright then lets go.”
The three headed out to the blackbird where they met Logan. He smiled.
“Ready to head out?”
“Yeah. For sure.”
The jet took off including Adrienne’s car.
“Ro tell me more about what Tyler’s dad told you who is he?”
Ro turned the plane on autopilot and glanced at her.
“He used to read us stories.”
Adrienne snapped her fingers,
“I was wondering where I had seen Laisha before.”
“Moms name is Lauren.”
Adrienne nodded.
“I know but her elven name is Laisha I met her once when I was very young, she was the most beautiful of the night elves, a hell of a hunter, she took me out twice, in diplomatic affairs she simply made a statement and it stood. She was one of the best, amazing beautiful rugged. Your father, Tyler, met her there, I remember him as well, the white Spaniard who used to read us stories, stories of Spanish things, of your dance, of your culture, I learned to salsa when I was five, we loved it. Your mother was an ice queen wooing her was no easy task. Ororo do you remember?”
“O how could I forget? Your father Joshua asked Adrienne and I to help woe the lady, so we did. He bought flowers from us and we would deliver them, he took great care to hide his true identity from her, just signed it the Night watcher. He used to sit outside the village gates and keep watch over the village. Laisha and he were good friend but Joshua was afraid to lose that, he had fallen in love with her. The one night she caught him at his own game. She also employed Adrienne and I. She had us deliver many things, always signing it the Night wanderer. Eventually they realized who the other was and married.”
Both smiled at the memory.
“Laisha protected me for many years we were close, she taught me much about being a warrior, about being a women,. I cannot believe I didn’t remember her. Someday I hope to have a conversation with her. I wonder why she said nothing.”
Tyler smiled.
“Shes my mother.”
Adrienne turned and looked at him,.
“It also means your part night elf Tyler. How do you feel about that.”
He smiled.
“Looks like I need to go spend some time in Africa.”
All of them laughed. Ororo turned to Adrienne. She spoke soflty in elven, it was meant to be for Adrienne’s ears only.
“anywei Toshi acaya T’challa. (We need to tell T’challa.)”
“Aiya wo Toshi Acaya T’challa. ( I know we need to tell T’challa.).Ororo Neya hoya toshia acaya menshia (We also need to talk about the boys and our relationships, with them).”
“Aiya wo acaya. (I know we need to talk about that).”
Logan looked at both of them.
“Care to translate?”
“No brother we don’t. girl conversation.”
Logan growled.
“I don’t like that.”
Adrienne met his gaze.
“I know brother, trust us both please.”
“Logan it was nothing bad. Trust me love.”
Her eyes met his and she kissed him gently and lovingly. He growled and pulled her closer, deeply kissing her. Tyler and Adrienne chuckled. After they broke apart Adrienne rolled her eyes.
“We’re quite the foursome. The kids are going to be running away screaming something about cooties.”
Tyler laughed.
“Well since we are on the topic of Africa I have something for the both of you.”
Adrienne raised an eyebrow.
“OH?”
“Yes my mother gave it to me said you would know the meaning and use of it.”
Adrienne glanced at Ororo. Tyler pulled out the Spanish sword.
“Its so old I am unsure of its usefulness.”
“It is the sword we hoped to gain Tyler.”
“Why is it important?”
The two girls took the time to rexplain the story and Tyler nodded.
“I thought this was a legend.”
“It is but it is also truth. Our bloodline holds the key to unlock these swords.”
“And the last?”
Logan spoke up.
“Its in the Louvre.”
Adrienne and Ororo glanced at him.
“What?”
Logan from somewhere in his memory pulled the description.
“A sword found on the ancient plain of Africa pulled from the hand of a chief tribal, its markings are not complete incoherent and make no sense.”
Ororo looked on in shock.
“How did you? Wha…?!”
Logan shrugged.
“I dunno darlin’ pullin it from the back of my mind.”
Adrienne stood from where she had been leaning on the controls.
“Lets call Charles and see what he needed and maybe we can get to France and work on gaining it.”
“How are you planning on doing that love?”
“Diplomatically first and if that doesn’t work…”
Ororo grinned.
“Are we sure we want to corrupt the boy’s view of us? Maybe we should do this on our own..”
Adrienne nodded.
“We could drop them off first.”
Logan scowled.
“No we’re going.”
Adrienne looked at Ro a grin spreading across her features.
“Well there’s benefits to having them with us.”
Ororo smiled knowing her sisters meaning. Adrienne reached behind her and pushed the button to contact the mansion.
Charles answered.
“I’m glad your on your way home, whos the third person with you?”
“I am the Marquis of Spain, call me Tyler.
“Tyler its nice to meet you. I can use your expertise.”
Adrienne spoke up.
“Charles, we have a lead on the last sword. We’d like to turn around and go attain it.”
“I need Logan. I have a mission that requires his expertise. Tyler I’d like you to accompany him, you have expertise in this area, as well as a reputation.”
A disappointed look came over Tyler’s face.
“Can you fill us in Xavier?”
“I will when you get here, ladies you will need to switch planes.”
“Understood Xavier we’ll be there in an hour.”
“Understood Xavier out.”
Logan turned to the other three people a deep scowl on his face. Ororo studied him.
“Logan?”
“Nothing darling just a bit worried about this “mission” chuck has. Why would he want my expertise? Tyler whats your expertise?”
Tyler shrugged as Adrienne snuggled closer.
“ I’m a fast driver, a swordman, you already know my powers.”
“Any military training?”
Tyler nodded.
“Yes I was an experiment of the government for several years.”
Adrienne hearing pain in his voice put her han don his leg in a sense of comfort. He looked down at her his eyes communicating all she needed to know.
“I’ll tell you that story someday love.”
Ororo looked at Adrienne.
*Lake Ellis, Xavier knows something.*
Adrienne’s eyes flashed in anger.
*Why would charles send them there?*
*There is a congressional retreat there, Senator Kelly is going to be there, his life has been threatened a lot. He’s letting us go because he wants Logan and Tyler to be undisctracted.*
*Plus Logan may regain part of his memory. Charles has been digging for that info for awhile. We talked about it when he was in Wakanda several years back.*
Tyler felt Adrienne stiffen beside him. He glanced at her and both noticed Adrienne and Ororo were both a bit angry.
“Adrienne?”
“Nothing.”
Logan sneered.
“Not nothing what’s going on?”
Ororo sighed.
“Adrienne and I know what your mission is.”
“OH? Care to explain darlin’?”
“ There is a lake Adrienne and I were there on a mission several years ago when she came to the states for the first time. We found a mutant facility,it was basically the sight for the beginnings of a mutant holocaust, it has been redone since that time, and is now owned by a rich mutant Lord who wants all humans dead. Senator Kelly and par tof his cabinet are going there, your being sent to be bodyguards.”
Logan sneered and took a deep breath as the memories came flooding back. He remembered Lake Ellis. He growled. Ororo looked at him gently her hand reaching out to touch his cheek.
“Logan what is it?”
“I remember a lot about Lake Ellis, I was the weapon they wanted to use to complete that holocaust.”
Tyler broke in at this point.
“I’ve also been to Lake Ellis, it was where my powers were enhanced, when I was young I wanted them to be stronger so I could beat the krap out of anyone in my path, I wanted to be a assassin. I was young Naïve. I ran away from home and a doctor there used drugs to enhance my power. I was also going to be used as a weapon.”
He looked at Adrienne fearing the worst. She simply cuddled closer to him stealing a quick kiss, it seemed to be a promise to finish the conversation later. An hour later they flew into the mansion and the four of them disembarked. Charles smiled when he saw them.
“Welcome home my xmen and Tyler.”
“Thank you charles.”
“Rest my xmen. I will fill Tyler and Logan in in the morning. Ladies you may leave then.”
“Adrienne find a room for Tyler. We moved your things into the room down the hall form the attic.”
“Of course Charles.”
Tyler walked into the jet and grabbed his bag. He was surprised when he came out to find Adrienne talking to another guy. He walked over set his bags down and stepped up behind Adrienne putting his hands on her shoulders. Adrienne leaned into his touch.
“Hi I’m Tyler.”
The man smiled.
“I’m Gabriel. How do you two know each other?”
“We’re engaged.”
Adrienne’s heart thrummed in her chest as Tyler gave her a tight squeeze on the shoulders attempting to keep her silent. Adrienne did and at gabriel’s strange glance she smiled.
“It is good to see you Gabriel, we need to get some sleep.”
Tyler lifted hisbag and together the two of them walked to Adrienne’s room. After the door closed she turned and looked at him. She raised a questioning flirtaceous eyebrow at him.
“Engaged?”
He stepped close to her.
“MMM just a precaution.”
Adrienne chuckled as Tyler’s lips met hers in a searing kiss.





You must login () to review.