Adrienne awoke with the glint of the dawn. Her head was pounding as she opened her eyes. She had had to much to drink the previous evening. She heard Ororo groan.
“Oh Lord sister I had to much to drink.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“Me to. Come on get up, running time.”
Ororo growled.
“Hell no.”
Adrienne scooped up a pillow and smacked her.
“Don’t make me come in there and get you.”
Ororo pretended to be asleep, Adrienne laughed and crawled onto the bed then promptly began to tickle Ororo. Ororo squealed, probably waking the whole mansion. Adrienne continued tickling her.
“Stop.”
Adrienne grinned mischeviously.
“Make me.”
A moment later Ororo had Adrienne pinned and the two of them were laughing hysterically. Ro grinned triumphantly.
“I win.”
A moment later she found herself on the floor. With Adrienne smiling.
“No you don’t lets go.”
Ro growled but changed in to her workout clothes. She and Adrienne walked down the stairs stretching, Akiya joined them downstairs his tail wagging excitedly. Adrienne grinned and spoke softly to him in Swahili. The dog barked and the thereof them took off for their morning run. That morning run became a routine. After their run Ororo went down to the danger room and smiled when she saw Logan. She watched him a moment hiding in the shadows. She had never seen his face so peaceful and relaxed. A strand of his black hair fell in his face, and Ororo felt her heart clench within her chest. Goddess he was like a walking temptation to her. A moment later his grey/ brown eyes opened and met her. He smiled.
“I know your there Ro Might as well come out.”
Ororo swore to herself, she should have known he would notice her presence. She joined him in the room and the two began dueling. Ten minutes later Ororo found herself flat on the mat, she got up to face him again. He smiled and before she could attack he stopped her.
“Hold up kiddo.”
Tenderly he reached out and showed her the correct move. Ororo’s pulse increases as she watched him and as he touched her. He smiled. An hour and several bruises later she headed to her room to shower. When she reached it she found Adrienne heading to her classes.
“Ororo why are you bruised?”
“Training sessions with Logan. He wants me to work on my self defense.”
Adrienne nodded her approval.
“Good you can use more hand to hand combat experience.”
Ororo growled at her friend and headed to the shower. Adrienne headed to her classroom, when she reached it she saw several students sitting in their desks talking.
“Allright everyone I’m your new science teacher at least for this short summer session. This class will not be easy, you will have to study hard and outside of class, however you will learn. Dr McCoy has kindly offered me the use of his lab to show you some of the things we will be doing. Lets start with a basic deifinition. Immunology is the study of disesases.”
An hour later Adrienne finished up her class and her students left. As her students began filing out after the last one Gabriel walked into the room.
“How was your first day with the monsters?”
Adrienne laughed.
“They listen well, I am just hoping their study skills are as good.”
Gabriel smiled.
“So barbecue tonight coming?”
Adrienne nodded.
“Heck yeah, a few of my students found I loved sports and have several challenges set before me.”
That evening Adrienne walked out onto the large expanse lawn with Ororo beside her, the grabbed a couple of sodas and joined several of the students. Adrienne got involved in a conversation with charles who had just returned from a business trip.
“I am glad you have decided to join us Adrienne, we needed a good science teacher.”
“Thank you Charles.”
“Adrienne have you grieved?”
Adrienne glanced at Charles and chuckled.
“Out of my head my friend I would simply have told you.”
Charles smiled.
“I found out on my trip. What happened?”
Adrienne closed her eyes a moment to block the searing pain.”
“Another time Charles.”
She allowed him limited access to her mind and he saw a few images.
“Soon child, that matter gets complicated.”
Adrienne nodded.
“I know Charles. I know.”
He placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder as Gabriel walked up.
“Hey Adrienne Ororo and Logan have challenged us to a game of v ball you up for it?”
Adrienne grinned.
“Heck yes.”
They walked over to the court and Ororo started the game with a high serve to middle court. Adrienne easily there, sent it back to Gabriel her setter and called out Blue line 2!”
Gabriel set it perfectly and Adrienne spiked it to the upper left corner, Logan dove getting the ball up and Ororo returned it to the other side of the net. Adrienne laughed catching the ball at the net. It plopped down on the sand evading both Logan and Ororo. Adrienne and Gabriel high fived one another., cheering slightly. Logan cast Ororo a glance that was the death look for the other two. Logan took off his shirt and Ororo cast him an appreciative glance. How was she going to play with that handsome man without his shirt. Adrienne took advantage of the distraction and fired a shot to the middle. Logan caught it sending Ororo a smirk over his shoulder. It came toward middle back Adrienne dove for it getting it up in the air
“Help it out Gab.”
Gabriel almost falling on top of her got it over the net, Logan caught it at the net and scored. Gabriel got off of Adrienne. And took of his shirt, telling Logan he meant business. Two hours and nine points later Logan and Ororo made the final game point. Adrienne smiled and congratulated her sister. Ororo reached out catching her chin in her hands.
“shawa monotop bewoda ( you still play well sister).”
Adrienne smiled.
“No I took advantage of your weakness. You forget we’ve played together a long time.”
Ororo blushed and swatted at her. Adrienne laughed and ducked. Logan nearby chuckled.
“Yeah that’s fair Adrienne.”
Adrienne winked at Ororo Logan missing her subtle meaning. Ororo grinned back.
“No I took advantage of her weaknesses to it was fair.”
Her eyes flicked to Gabriel, Adrienne grinned to herself. Logan came up beside her and put his arm around her shoulders.
“Come on Kid I’m hungry.”
Ororo was about to turn away when he grabbed her on the other arm.
“Come on beautiful girls.”
Gabriel groaned.
“What about me?”
Logan smiled at Gabriel.
“Quit being a whiner. You snooze you lose.”
Ororo enjoying his arm around her shoulder grabbed his hand and intertwined her fingers in his. Logan felt his heart skip a beat within his chest. Adrienne noticing his heightened emotions chuckled softly to herself. Well Well well, if the two weren’t already doing a good job of liking each other. Gabriel behind her put his hand in the small of her back softly. Adrienne turned and grinned at him. He easily steered her out of Logan’s grasp. Logan growled.
“Just going to ask the lady to dance Logan.”
Logan nodded his approval. Gabriel led her out to the dance floor, their feet moving in time to the beat. Adrienne enjoyed the feeling of his body against hers. The song was a slow country song and pulled her closer his arms around her waist and her arms around his neck. He smiled down at her.
“Looks like Ororo and Logan are starting to like each other.”
Adrienne nodded.
“So I see.”
Logan followed Ororo’s eyes out on the dance floor seeing them rest on her friend and Gabreil.
“They look well together.”
Ororo nodded in response. Logan led her over to a nearby bench and steered her to sit.
“chicken or beef?”
“Fish please.”
Logan’s eyes began to dance as he grimaced at her.
“O SUUURE just pick something not on the menu I picked.”
Ororo laughed and watched him roll his eyes, then seeing her smile he winked.
“Fish it is my lady if I have to catch and cook it myself.”
A picture of Logan in the nearby lake swimming around after fish popped into ororo’s head and she started laughing ridiculously hard. Logan gave her a strange look.
“Whats so funny.”
Between gasps of air Ororo explained and gauged his reaction. For a moment a scowl passed across his features then his mouth began to twitch and his eyes began to twinkle with laughter. A moment later a deep throated bellyful laughter erupted from his mouth. Ororo had never heard him laugh so hard, it was a deep throated laugh that she enjoyed. After he caught his breath and wiped the tears from his eyes he leaned toward her and before he could think he reached out and brushed the tears of laughter out of her eyes, his fingers delicate. Ororo’s smile gently faded as she felt his touch consuming her. It was so gentle. She was amazed. His hand rested on her cheek a moment and she reached up gently caressing his hand. He smiled,there was an intense moment of silence where Logan seriously considered kissing her. He refrained and then stood up.
“I’ll go get dinner. Don’t move.”
He smiled dashingly and headed over to the barbecue. He gathered Ororo’s fish and a big steak for himself. He stopped by the table and threw some salad on both of their plates. He also put some of the guava on the plates knowing that Ororo loved it.
In the meantime Ororo sat on the bench and enjoyed watching her close friend in the arms of a good man. The two were dancing and laughing. It made her smiled. She was happy for her friend. In front of her the sun was slowly setting over the lake. It was casting its orange and pink fingers into the sky touching the very tip of the clouds. It was like painting watercolors for her. A sigh of contentment escaped her lips. Logan came back and he was carrying to plates of food and balancing a few beers at the same time. He handed her a cold Negro Modelo her favorite and a plate with fish, salad and fruit, the guava gently cut over her fish to add taste. It took Ororo’s breath away.
“Logan I didn’t know you could cook.”
Logan smiled softly.
“A lot of things you didn’t know about me darlin’. The guava compliments and deters the natural bitterness of the sole. Making it sweeter to the tase. That’s nothing, let me cook for you this week, one night, make you anything you want.”
Ororo felt her heart thump within her chest. Was he asking her out on a date.
“Come on it will be fun.”
Ororo nodded.
“Allright.”
Gabriel and Adrienne joined them a few moments later both having plates heaped with food in their hands. Adrienne smiled at the beer bottle in Ororo’s hand. She nodded to it.
“Sure about that?”
Ororo realizing what she was reffering to laughed.
“You’re the one I’m worried about.”
After dinner Logan grabbed the paper plates and plodded over to the trash, Gabriel stood up to help him. Ororo and Adrienne were left alone for several minutes. Adrienne said nothing and watched as the darkness took over. Ororo watching her watched as Adrienne’s eyes went momentarily gray, as if the clouds were reaching out and touching them. Adrienne got up abruptly.
“Go to the movie, please extend my condolences to Gabriel.”
Ororo seeing the strain in her friends eyes looked at her gently.
“Adrienne what is it?”
“I have to make a phone call if you will excuse me.”
Before Ororo could say more Adrienne disappeared literally in the darkness. Ororo looked where she had walked and saw nothing but the dusk that seemed to surround her friend. Gabriel walked back with Logan and both looked at Ororo.
“Wheres Adrienne?”
“She extends her condolences. She had a phone call to make.”





You must login () to review.