Two months later Ororo woke to find Adrienne grinning at her.
“UP babe up. Classes start today and we need to catch some run time.”
Ororo growled.
Adrienne grinned.
“Now or I will tickle you.”
Ororo begrudgingly got out of bed. Glaring at her close friend as she did. Adrienne just smiled. Five minutes later Ororo felt her feet pounding the Earth, she listened to the sound of her breath filling and escaping her lungs, it quieted her busy mind. After a few minutes she spoke.
“So your excited about classes?”
“Yeah it will be fun to be teaching, immuno and other sciences should be fun, I am more looking forward to self defense.”
Ororo felt her heart clench in jealousy. As they ran she realized it and ran harder, wanting almost to get it out of her body, she couldn’t like him. It had caught her the night two months ago at Harry’s. He’d kissed her best friend right in front of her, sure she’d thought a relationship before but it would hurt and she knew it. Oh Goddes she couldn’t be thinking this way. The barbeque hadn’t helped nor had the late night dinner he had made for her. He was a glorious cook a handsome man and one she was falling in love with. Goddess was she really? He was her teammate and friend, they had gotten closer the last few months, talking more. Laughing more, he was training her in some martial defense at her request. Ororo was so lost in her own thoughts she had tuned out Adrienne completely.
“Ororo are you listening to me?”
Ro coming back ot her senses nodded.
“Yeah sorry.:
“Its ok anything you wanna talk about?”
Ororo sighed.
“I like him Adrienne.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“Bout damm time.”
Ro looked at her closely.
“What?”
“Do you have any idea how hard Gabriel and I have been working to get you to together.”
Ro laughed.
“Now that I think about it pretty hard. I don’t want to lose him Adrienne it would kill me.”
“You know RO, I thought leaving Africa would kill you, it never did, but for the first time in both our lives I see you in a place where I think your right.”
Ro snorted.
“well heres to falling in love and never being able to fufill it.”
“Your wrong women, your really wrong. Let yourself fall Ororo. He’ll be there to catch you.”
Ororo glanced at her sweat pouring down her face.
“And you know this how?”
“He ain’t the walking away type babes, and you know it.”
Ororo sighed.
“ How do you even know he cares Adrienne?”
“The gleam in his eyes when he looks at you. The way at the barbeque he was at your beck and call, the way he made you a romantic candlelit dinner.”
“oh vey.”
Adrienne stopped her reaching out to grab her arm, for a moment their eyes met and Adrienne put her hand over Ororo’s heart.
“Trust this my sister, trust it.”
Ororo nodded and hugged Adrienne tightly. When they broke apart they started running again. When they got back to the mansion Adrienne ran to the room and showered., she thenheaded down to meet her students. As she walked down the hall Gabriel caught up with her and smiled. She returned his smile.
“Hi.”
“Hi.”
“So you up for some volleyball tonight with Ororo and Logan?”
“Hell yes I am.”
Gabriel smiled. Over the past two months they had been getting close, enjoying each others company, enjoying laughing and enjoying everything. Gabriel also loved the night and they spent many a late night talking about politics, philosophy, psychology, medicine, all sorts of things. He smiled down at her.
“See you at five, we need this game.”
She nodded. After her first class she walked back to her room to change for her workout. When she reached it she found Ororo laying on the bed. Adrienne walked over to her and smiled.
“More bruises?”
“More bruises. Can you help me?”
Adrienne nodded.
“lets go.”
The two of them headed down to the danger room. Ororo used the attacks Logan had taught her and Adrienne showed her some easy counter moves to avoid bruising ann knock Logan flat on his back. They trained for an hour then Ororo stepped out.
“I need to go shower I have english in twenty minutes.”
“Ok tomorrow same time.”
Ororo nodded her whole body aching from the strenuous exercise.
“Got it. Thanks kiddo.”
Adrienne smiled.
“No prob bob.”
As Ororo walked out Gabriel walked in.
“Hey wasn’t expecting you here this late.”
“I was helping ro with her one on one. Logan’s been a rough teacher.”
Gabriel laughed.
“Yeah well. So I heard about this great club downtown that just got put in. I heard it has some circuit racing, thought you might enjoy it.”
Adrienne stepped closer. She was within in ches of his face.
“And why pretell do you think I’d enjoy that?”
Gabriel felt his heart pound harder, without thinking he reached out and pulled her into his arms, kissing her. At first he just brushed his lips past hers, then when he felt her arms go around his neck he deepened their kiss. Adrienne became lost within it, his tongue caressed her lower lip, she granted him access with a groan. His tongue caressed hers, enjoying her touch, his body ached for more, but he refrained. When air became necessary she broke away slightly. He held her tightly around the waist not willing to let her go yet. He smiled down at her.
“Wow.”
She grinned and kissed him again not needing words to return his sentiment. They broke apart when Scott walked and began a sparring match. Gabriel attacked in her upper six range she blocked and easily her foot found contact with his stomach. He grinned up at her to distracted by the way she had felt in his arms a moment ago. They sparred for a good twenty minutes and out of the corner of his eye he saw Scott leave. He kicked in her lower four range then disengaged and tripped her. She landed hard on the floor, he immediately landed next to her as she tripped him. He rolled and before she could move was ontop of her. She raised a questioning eyebrow.
“That was an unorthadox move.”
“Mmm that it was, but effective.”
Before she could reply his lips found hers again. His fingers intwertwined in her hair, pulling gently on the scrunchie that held it in place. Her arms were around his neck as she kissed the side of his neck. They made out for twenty minutes before they heard the danger room doors handle move and quickly broke apart. Adrienne was on her feet faster than the door could open and had quickly grabbed her scrunchie. About as the door swung open she had her hair pulled back and offered a hand to Gabriel. Logan walked in. Gabriel smiled up at her.
“Good come back tomorrow, your moves are improving.”
He smiled as she gave him a seductive look her back to Logan.
“Thank you for teaching me. I will work on that roundhouse kick more.”
Adrienne hid her smiled and then turned around.
“Logan how are you?”
Logan noticing both of them were acting rather strange raised an eyebrow.
“I’m well thanks. Don’t you have class in five minutes?”
Adrienne looked at her watch.
“Krap, well you know what they say time flys when your having fun. If you’ll excuse me.”
After she left Logan looked closely at Gabriel.
“Wanna work on those moves with me?”
Gabriel hid a smile.
“Sorry Logan, it just wouldn’t be the same. Plus I have history in five minutes.”
Logan chuckled as he watched Gabriel walk out. Those two.
Adrienne headed to her room, when she reached it she raked her hands through her hair, She couldn’t think straight. Goddess she and Gabriel had just made out for twenty minutes. She walked to the bathroom and looked closely at her neck. Thankfully no marks were left, she grabbed a pair of jeans and a tshirt and headed to class. When she reached it she began her lecture, carefully disciplining her mind to think only of immunobiology. After her class period Ororo walked in.
“Hey kiddo.”
“Hey.”
“Adrienne your disctracted what happened?”
Adrienne took a deep breath attempting to still her fluttering heart.
“Nothing.”
Ororo looked at her.
“liar”
Adrienne glared at her.
“Would I ever lie to you?”
“Yes.”
Adrienne laughed, she grabbed her books under her other arm through ororo’s as they walked. Ororo was studying her closely.
“SO?”
Adrienne giggled.
“Lets just say Gabriel and I had a sparring session today.”
Ororo rolled her eyes.
“ and what happened in this sparring session?”
Adrienne explained With each word she said ororo’s eyes got bigger.
“I’m glad sister. So are you two dating now?”
“I dunno.”
The rest of the day passed quickly, the night ending with a movie. Adrienne and Ororo both tired headed for bed relatively early. Before Adrienne fell asleep she had a wave of dis-settlment hit her. She lay awake for an hour just listening something didn’t feel right. It was soon gone and she fell asleep. Late that night Adrienne was awakened by the sound of a sword coming out of its sheath





You must login () to review.