Adrienne quickly rolled as the sword came where her head used to be. She cursed. The white elf nodded to her.
“Daughter of the night.”
“Son of the day.”
He attacked her again. Adrienne put up her hand the soft part of the side of her hand catching his sword. The side of her hand slid down the blade to the other elfs stunned look. It was all the distraction she needed, she tripped him and took his sword from him. He cursed and stood. Adrienne nodded to him holding his katana, the side of her opposite hand bleeding profusely. The elf drew his second sword and their swords clashed.
“Ro wake up now.”
Ororo woke to the sound of clashing swords and Adrienne’s tight request. When her eyes focused she immediately got out of bed. An arrow came out of nowhere and hit Adrienne in the shoulder. She cursed grunting as it hit her. Ororo seeing her friend hit summoned a strong wind, hitting the archer and the arrow he shot at her out of the way. Her eyes whited over as she stalked towards him.
“Who are you?”
The elf looked at her strangly.
“Not someone you want to mess with weather goddess.”
Ororo smiled ruefully.
“I’m messing with you intruder.”
The elf quickly drew his katana only to be knocked back against the wall. He cursed as Ororo used the wind to knock his hand hard against the wall. His hand broke causing him to drop his katana. He couldn’t hold his sword, so he attacked manually. Ororo matched him blow for blow. He sent a punch toward her shoulder, Ororo caught his fist then using his body weight against him twisted it breaking his wrist. He got back up after he cried out in pain. He stood and faced her, attacking with his legs. Ororo sighed this man was determined. She tripped him and then with one blow knocked him out. She then turned to see how Adrienne was doing. She wielded the katana easily with one hand and had several cuts on her face and torso. Adrienne didn’t seem to care. She parried his attack and lunged, he batted her sword aside, He attacked again, Adrienne blocked disengaged twirling his sword around her own, she sidestepped and using the weight of his sword, drew the tip upwards lunged underneath tripping him. He grunted as he fell, Adrienne disarmed him and her sword blade was at the tip of his throat.
“You will gain nothing by killing me Daughter of the night.”
Adrienne nodded.
“I know.”
His hand moved quickly to his belt before she could stop him he pushed a button and was gone.
“damm.”
She propped herself up on the katana and looked at Ororo. The other elf was also gone. Ororo walked over and looked at her.
“You look like shit.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“Yeah well. Iguess I better go see hank.”
Ororo nodded.
“Come on.”
Adrienne contacted Charles telepathically.
*Charles we need to talk. I need you to check the safe.*
*Already done child, they are safe, I will send Logan up for the other two while you get checked out. After that your telling me what this is all about.*
*understood*
“Logan is coming up to take the two swords and clean up the room.”
Ororo nodded.
“Well your going to the med lab first and then I will come up and help him.”
Ororo steered her down the corridor as the elevator doors closed behind them. When they reached the med lab jean took one look at her and groaned.
“What happened?”
Adrienne grinned ruefully.
“Ororo beat the krap out of me.”
Ororo snorted.
“Like hell I did. Two men attacked us they seemed bent on killing Adrienne here.”
“Who were they?”
Adrienne reminaed quiet.
“Adrienne?”
“Stay out of my head Jean you have no idea what your dealing with.”
Ororo looked at her friend in shock she opened her eyes were shining forth a mix of green and grey. Adrienne closed her eyes as she fought down the night elf within her. She felt her teeth growing longer and she snarled.
“Get out!! NOW!!!!”
Jean and Ororo both looked at her. Adrienne’s eyes reopened they were shining forth .
“GET OUT!”
Jean contacted Charles.
*Charles what do you want me to do?*
she was unprepared for Charles reply. He snapped at her.
*Do what your told Jean. Leave the room. You and Ororo leave she’ll be fine.*
Charles sitting laying in his bed got up making his way to his wheelchair. He got in in his pajamas and headed to the medical lab. Jean and Ororo were in the hallway and looked at him quizally.
“Jean create a force field. And open the garage door in the back. Leave it open. If you see anything which I doubt, it remains here. Jean now.”
The door opened and all Jean and Ororo saw was something that looked like a wisp of smoke , it made a snarling sound and ran toward the open door in the back, the night calling whatever it was. Ororo was shaken more than she thought she would be. She had heard of these creatures in Africa. There was an ancient myth about them. Charles looked at both of them sternly as the dor closed.
“This stays here. Don’t go back in that room. ”
Ororo turned to him.
“Charles whatever the hell that was could have hurt Adrienne, I needto check on her.”
“No Ororo, you will go back ot bed.”
Ororo steeled herself against him.
“Shes my best friend she could bleed to death.”
“She’ll be fine. Trust me. I will check on her. GO now.”
Jean interrupted at this point.
“Charles I’m the doctor, let me go.”
“No Jean you both have your orders now leave.”
Both opened their mouths to refuteand were rewarded by a slightly painful telepathic smack. Both looked at Charles and seeing the grim line of his jaw they both left and headed for their separate rooms. Charles very carefully headed to the medical lab. Adrienne had returned to her normal form her eyes returned back to a beautiful emerald green.
“Are you ok child?”
“Aside from the fact that I’m bleeding fine.”
“Did it leave?”
“yes.”
“What was it?”
Adrienne reached up and grabbed the shaft of the arrow, she ripped it out of her shoulder her eyes again momnetarily turning gray at the pain.
“It was in this.”
“and it does what?”
“try to read my mind and then reprogram it.”
“And it didn’t work because?”
“ My father taught me how to protect myself against it.”
“Can you treat your wounds?”
“Yes.”
Adrienne walked over to the supply cabinet and opened it quickly removing bandages and iodine. She quickly cleansed and dressed her wounds.
“We’ll talk tomorrow.”
Adrienne nodded.
“They could come back Charles.”
“I know. I will turn on the shield.”
“They can get inside it.”
Charles nodded.
“Your father meant to protect Ororo against them, they cannot get through it.”
Adrienne nodded biting back the pain.
“Sleep ina room tonight I will have Gabriel move your things.”
“No I will remain with Ororo.”
Charles nodded knowing he could not change her mind.
“Allright.”

Meanwhile Ororo walked into her bedroom to find Logan cleaning the blood of the carpet. He took one look at her.
“You ok?”
“No Charles is letting her bleed to death won’t let anyone see her.”
Logan stood and drew her close to him hugging her.
“Its going to be all right Ororo. She’s strong, chuck knows what hes doing.”
Ororo leaned into him wanting and needing his comfort. He smelled so good. Logan buried his nose in her hair attempting to be comforting. He kissed the top of her head. Ororo enjoyed being in his arms and let herself cry. Logan pushed her out at arms length so he could see her eyes. She was crying, and it broke his heart. He gently reached up and wiped her tears away with a finger. His touch was exquisite, his fingers gently began to explore every aspect of her face. He bent his head and quietly began to kiss away her tears, starting at where they fell down her cheeks. He put feather kisses around her eyes and down her nose, and lastly ended on her chin. Ororo enjoying his affection moved her lips up, capturing his. Logan kissed her cupping her face in his hands, there was nothing demanding or heated about his kiss. It was a kiss of comfort, Ororo’s heart thundered in her chest as she returned his kiss. After several moments Logan stepped away, he traced her face gently one last time, never wanting to let her go. The saltiness of her tears, was still on his lips. He gently put a finger on her lips.
“Get some sleep. I cleaned up the blood and brought Adrienne a new sleeping bag in case she comes back. I’ll see you in the morning.”
At her look of uncertainty he squeezed her hand one last time and walked out the door. He almost collided with a very pale Adrienne. Their eyes met and he noticed the gray in her eyes again. He nodded to her softly.
“You look like shit. Get some sleep.”
Adrienne chuckled weakly.
“Thanks Logan.”
When she pushed past him into the room Ororo flew to her and caught her in a hug. Adrienne grunted against the impact of her best friend. Ororo’s eyes met hers, Adrienne’s eyes were still slightly gray. Without a word Ororo steered her over to he bed.
“Lay down.”
Adrienne nodded and resisted her.
“I’ll take the floor Ororo, I’m fine.”
The corners of Ororo’s mouth twitched.
“Liar.”
Adrienne laughed weakly and stopped resisting, Ororo helped her friend take off her shirt and put on a clean one, then Ororo tucked her in and curled up next to her. Something was amiss in her friend. Ororo lay awake all night listening for any sounds, wanting to protect the women softly sleeping next to her. Around five Ororo got up and headed down to the kitchen. When she reached it she retraced in her mind the happening of the previous night. She made a cup of coffee and held it in her hand staring into it’s black depths. Logan had kissed her last night. Ororo had thought her whole world would shake apart, Goddess it was so innocent and yet Ororo had wanted him. She groaned as she looked into her black coffee. Goddess she was in love with him. Great, just great, just what she needed. She walked out in the Tv room and turned on a movie attempting to stay awake. She finished her coffee and drifted off to sleep. She was awakened several hours later by Adrienne shaking her softly. She awoke and almost fell off the couch.
She immediately stood up and hugged Adrienne tightly again. Adrienne returned her hug, and the two held each other softly for a few moments.
When they broke away Ororo wiped the tears forming in her friends eyes.
“Ayoma ai wei lovre? ( what’s wrong my love (sisterly sense ppl)?)”
Adrienne smiled ruefully at Ororo’s endearing term. Quietly her eyes met Ororo’s and Ororo gently led her outside. She lead her broken sister to the lake and sat down.
“Ready to tell me what all this is about?”
Adrienne took a deep breath and began explaining.





You must login () to review.