Gabriel walked in the silence of the early morning taking a deep breath. He had almost lost Adrienne last night. When he thought about it his stomach clenched and took his breath away. He took a deep breath and watched the sunrise. He had kissed her, and it had felt good. He was falling in love with her. He hadn’t seen her since then, he missed her. Was she ok? How badly was she injured? His fists clenched and he wanted to beat the krap out of something. He jogged back to the mansion and headed to the danger room.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Adrienne and Ororo walked outside by the lake, and Adrienne began to tell her story.
“ Theres and ancient legend within the country of Wakanda, its legend about two tribes of elves that fought for dominance of Wakanda. Well neither tribe one, humans did. The legend goes that the night elves lived in the deepest parts of the forest, they were well known warriors and a few adopted to assassins. One of the royal household was killed, naturally the night elves were blamed, only one man saw the crime. He was a night elf, and he took a set of six katanas and carved on them the true assassin as well as the origin of the true assassin. He was killed after he forged the swords, they were taken by what was found out later to be the river elves, they were a different tribe, they live along the river bed. The swords were lost, it was said, lost in the turmoil of the river forever masking the secret of the true assassin, leaving the night elves with the guilt on their heads and the blood on their hands. The humans reconciled with them and forged an alliance, but whenever someone of royal blood or orgin is harmed its always blamed on this tribe of people. Wakanda is on the verge of war Ororo. All of our lives it has been. If we find these swords we can end that. T’challa and I have been fighting for this for years.
My parents death was the catalyst SO they withdrew deep into the forest and were assumed to have gone extinct. You asked me a few months ago about the tribe Daddy worked with in the jungles of Wakanda. They are the night elves, it goes even deeper, daddy was a night elf. He sought to find the swords and he and mama were killed because of it. The swords you saw in my room, were two of the six swords. Now they want me dead. Goddess help me.”
“And you are part night elf?”
Adrienne chuckled and took off her hat. Ororo was stunned when she saw the ear had pointed beautifully. All of their life Adrienne’s ears had always been slightly akward, now they were magnificent.
“Yes I am part night elf, what you saw last night was that part of me.”
“So the wispy thing was you?”
“No that was a messager sent to rearrange my psyche.”
“But the gray eyes thing that’s not something I imagine is it?”
“NO Watch.”
Ororo watched as her eyes again turned to an eerie greenish grey color. They were beautiful in a strange sort of way. Adrienne chuckled as Ororo studied them. They called to the deepest most natural parts of her. Adrienne blinked and her eyes went back to the beautiful emerald green Ororo loved so well.
“Does T’challa know any of this?”
“Of course.”
“And Charles?”
“He knows enough.”
“What are you going to do?”
Adrienne leaned back against the tree trunk again and studied Ororo.
“I don’t know sister. I think it is time I leave.”
“Why?”
“I can’t endanger you or the kids. Especially not you.”
Ororo studied her more.
“Adrienne your like my sister, we’ve spent our lives fighting battles and growing together, trust me to fight this battle with you.”
“I can’t ask that of you Ro.”
“You can and I’ve already accepted.”
At that moment Charles voice echoed in the stillness of their minds.
*Ororo Adrienne meet me in my study, we have a visitor.*
The two groaned and headed toward the mansion. Ororo helping her up knowing she was still a little weak.
“So Logan kissed me last night.”
Adrienne almost fell over.
“What?!”
“Yeah he kissed me it was amazing.”
Adrienne laughed.
“And how was it?”
“You were right hes one hell of a kisser.”
Adrienne threw back her head and laughed.
“That he is my sister, that he is.”
When they reached the study the door swung open and Ororo saw a very tall coffe skinned elven man sitting on the couch, he seemed restless. He stood quickly when he saw Adrienne. He walked up to her and bowed.
“Ashiya montokala nishei (My lady you live.)”
“Wo de ( I do). Speak english we are in the company of friends.”
“Yes my lady.”
He looked at Ororo and smiled.
“Weather goddess.”
“Son of the night.”
“It is fortunate to find you together.”
Adrienne looked at the elf standing befobre her.
“care to explain?”
“Delighted to my lady. There are six sword, indicating that in order for the truth to be unlocked there must be three people.”
“I thought we could use anyone that was pure in heart.”
“No my lady I searched the manuscripts and found that only three with the blood of power can.”
“So only three mutants?”
“Yes.”
“T’challa isn’t a mutant.”
“He is actually. Our brother has t he blood of the hunter running through is veins. Ororo can control the weather, and you my lady control the earth and all its elements. Earth meets sky, meets hunter. Really a beautiful trio.”
Adrienne nodded.
“And so like our ancestors.”
“Well I guess its time to pack for home.”
The mans eyes turned gray indicating emotion.
“No my lady the safst place for you is right here. Your father built the shield to protect Ororo, right now it can protect both of you. I am needed to protect your brother.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Then so it shall be. And Batela, it is good to see you.”
“As it is to see you my lady. Be safe here.”
He turned and disappeared from the room. Charles looked at both of them. Adrienne softly again told the tale. Charles nodded.
“I have known of this legend for along time your father once told me. We will protect you both as always. We will also try to locate the other two swords.”
Ororo and Adrienne left the study and headed to their room. Adrienne put Ororo soflty to sleep singing a swahilian lullaby, knowing her friend was tired. She quietly slipped away and went to the danger room, her katana in hand.





You must login () to review.