Gabriel heard the door open and watched as Adrienne walked in, he slipped into the shadow taking a deep breath to calm his anger at her bandages and watched her move slowly.
Slowly carefully Adrienne got lost in the rhythm of the katana moving to its sweet song. She closed her eyes letting her katana become and extension of her arm as together they began in a sweet dance. Halfway through her routine she felt a pair of strong arms encircle her waist and move with her. A male voice close to her ear began to sing a gentle song. Never missing a beat she put her katana in its sheath and turned in his arms. Gabriel pulled her close relishing the affection, relishing the feel of her against him. He took a deep steadying breath, Adrienne leaned closer her head resting her head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Gabriel said nothing but hummed gently. After he finished the song he stopped. Adrienne pulled her head off his chest and looked into his eyes. The deep blue looked into hers. Gently Adrienne reached up and pulled his head down her lips brushing his own. Gabriel pulled her closer deepening their kiss. Adrienne returned it with everything within her. They broke apart after a moment and Gabriel looked at her soflty. His hand gently grazed her cheek.
“I almost lost you.”
“Almost is the key word.”
She kissed him softly again they broke apart.
“Adrienne whats this all about?”
Adrienne looked at him softly.
“I can’t tell you that babe.”
“Why Adrienne?”
She sighed and stepped away from him.
“I can’t tell you.”
She turned and walked out. Gabriel sighed she was a damm stubborn. Beautiful and loving but still damm stubborn. He groaned. He turned on a program and began beating the krap out of the sentinel. Adrienne walked down the hallway and found Ororo still sleeping in the bed. She walked in and took a shower. She finished her shower and threw on her clothes. She walked out her hair still wet she had brushed it back. She walked over to the bed and sat down. Ororo stretched and rolled over.
“Morning.”
“Afternoon is more like it.”
“Classes?”
“Covered by friends.”
Ororo stretched.
“Good.”
“what shall we do today?”
“I dunno what sounds good?”
Ororo bit back a smile. What she wanted to do she could not. Adrienne noticing the creep of a blush in her sister face chuckled. She got off the bed and chuckled soflty at Ro. She reached out and put her finger under her chin.
“ Hes in the danger room.”
With that Adrienne turned and walked out of the room. Ororo smiled at her retreating back and stood to throw on a pair of sweat pants. She headed to the danger room and smiled when she saw Logan meditating on the floor. Godess he was sexy he took her breath away. She continued to watch him in silence. After a moment the corners of his mouth turned up.
“Why don’t you just come in Ororo. Are you ready for our training session?”
“Yes I am.”
Ororo walked into the Danger room and they began their training session. Ororo circled him concentrating on what Adrienne had been teaching her. Logan jumped in the air, Ororo blocked his kick and an uppercut found him flat on the floor. Logan glanced at her and smiled as he picked himself up off the floor.
“You’ve been practicing.”
Ororo nodded.
“That I have.”
Logan got off the floor and started the match again, he circled her. Ororo smirked at him as he attatcked again, he punched in her lower range near her waist. Ororo again blocked him grabbed her wrist and twisted him using his body weight to knock him on the floor. Logan landed hard on the floor his back hitting it. It surprised him when Ororo smirked down at him. He attempted to get up to find her foot plantedin the middle of his chest. He looked up at her in confusion, Ororo bent down her knees on both sides of his chest, Logan raised an eyebrow. Ororo smiled at him her fingers playing with his chest hair. She bent her head and kissed him. Her tongue was ravaging his mouth. Logan groaned under her heated assault. He moved his hands to her waist as she flattened herself out on top of him, having more access to his mouth. He groaned as he licked her pulse. HE was surprised when a few moments later she marked him. He growled in pleasure, before they could go on Xaviers voice echoed in their head.
*Xmen to the war room.*
Both growled, Logan pulled her head down for one more kiss and they got up and headed to the war room. As they walked down the hall Logan reached out and pushed her into a small niche in the wall his body pressing into hers. His mouth claimed hers in a kiss. Ororo sighed into his kiss. Enjoying it, she pressed her body into his longing for him. Logan growled. Xavier’s voice echoed in their heads again.
*Ororo Logan where are you?*
Logan growled.
*give me ten Chuck, trying to finish up something I started.*
*Ok, but hurry Logan.*
*Got it.*
*Ororo?*
*Finishing planting flowers. Be there in ten.*
*OK.*
After the mental conversation was over Logan pushed Ororo further into the wall kissing her breathless. Ororo sighed into his mouth, her deep voice reverberating through ears.
“OHH logan.”
Logan chuckled at her sultry voice. His hands found there way under her shirt massaging gently the small of her back. Ororo broke away with a gasp of pleasure. Her voice was shaking.
“Logan we better stop before we forget all about our meeting.”
Logan growled.
“I think our ten minutes is waning, but after the meeting your all mine.”
Ororo kissed him again heatedly. Logan smiled.
“Keep that up and we will miss that meeting.”
Ororo chuckled. Her knee finding its way between his legs and her teeth claimed his lower lip. She pushed him gently away from her, her arms suddenly feeling cold as they stepped out of their embrace. They headed toward the war room and walked in exactly ten minutes later. Jean blushed as she glanced at her best friend. Ororo cast her an angry glare.
*Stay out of my head jean.*
*I was love, your broadcasting.*
*Shut up.*
Adrienne also glanced at her a slight smile on her face.
*DO I need to evacuate our room for the afternoon?*
Ororo chuckled.
*You might at that.*
*Sister I’m glad.*
Ororo chuckled again and Charles glanced at all three of them.
“ I have a new mission my xmen, Adrienne, Ororo, Gabriel nad Logan specifically will be going. Magneto’s forces are moving in on a target location, the location is a mansion, a large one where the ambassador for a tribe in the Wakanada known as the Tlahan. They are here to talk about a peace treaty.”
Adrienne visibly stiffened at the name. Ororo noticing and glanced at her worridly.
“Xavier how can we ensure this isn’t a political trap. This might be a trap to get Adrienne and I out in the open.”
“Its entirely possible Ororo. But I am sending you because I know you can handle yourselves. We need the information they might have. Adrienne who are the Tlahan?”
Adrienne sighed.
“A small tribe that lives in South Wakanada. My father did much work with them. They are a small religious group of humans who value their teaching more than anything else in the planet. They fight political wars, and are a small shoot of the white elves.”
Xavier nodded.
“You know your stuff. Prepare to be the political leader in this.”
Adrienne nodded.
“allright. Charles there is something else you should know.”
“And that is?”
“The tlahan are fierce warriors, if you cross them they will kill you and anyone associated with you.”
Xavier stiffened.
“I don’t plan on crossing them.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Allright. Lets do this, when is the meeting?”
“A week from now. Be careful.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Always.”
“Your all dismissed.”
All the xmen left except Adrienne who stood looking out into the distance, her heart thumping within her chest. She needed some air. Xavier noticing her presensce smiled.
“I have a job for you child.”
Adrienne chuckled.
“The words I live for. Watcha got?”
“I found one of the missing swords, it’s the Spanish one designed for the hand of the Marquis de Grenada, it is held by the hand of Markis Takala. A young salsa dancer, hes famous rich loves fast things and seems to be right up your alley.”
Adrienne sent him a death glare and charles laughed.
“Hey come now you like fast things, you are a women of wealth and you love to dance. What a better match?”
Adrienne laughed at charles attempt to tease her.
“Allright where is he?”
“Spain. I want you to take the small blackbird, go and use your title to get the sword.”
Adrienne smiled and stood.
“Why use my title, when I have so much more.”
Charles gaped at the messages she was sending.
“I’ll stay out of trouble father have no fear.”
Charles grinned.
“Allright be careful. And Adrienne no more silencing the guards eh?”
Adrienne winced.
“Allright, I’ll do it your way.”
Adrienne headed back to her room probing quickly for where Ororo and Logan were. She was glad to find them not in the room she shared with Ororo. She packed a bag for a six day trip and stuffed her sleeping bag. Akiya woofed at her. She walked over and bent down petting her dog ruffling his ears.
“You must stay my friend. I need you to protect Ororo.”
Akiya cocked his head and woofed softly again. Adrienne hugged him close petting him. She stood grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled a quick note to Ororo explaining she would be back in time for the diplomatic meeting and that she was fine, just needed some air.
“Be a good dog.”
She grabbed her keys to the maserati off the mantle and headed out the door. As she reached the landing Gabriel stopped her. He motioned to the bags.
“Going somewhere?”
“Yes a business trip. I’ll be back soon.”
Gabriel grabbed her arm gently as she turned to go.
“Let me go with you.”
Adrienne smiled at him.
“I can’t Gabriel. I need some space and some time.”
Gabriel followd her retreat out of the mansion pleading with her. Adrienne reached her car unlocked it and put her things inside. Gabriel stood and looked helplessly at her.
“Let me go Adrienne.”
Adrienne turned and smiled to him.
“Gabriel I need time, I have a few things to do before this meeting, I’ll be back soon I promise.”
“Does this have to do with our conversation earlier?”
Adrienne laughed lovingly.
“Far from it Gabriel. There is something I must do. Trust me.”
Adrienne reached out and pulled him close to her, her lips grazing his. Gabriel pulled her closer savoring the kiss and her affection. As they broke apart he looked long and hard into her eyes.
“I trust you. Come back to me in one piece ok?”
Adrienne laughed and stepped away.
“I will, keep an eye on the lovebirds for me, and give this to Ro.”
She handed him the note for Ororo, kissed him one last time and started the car.
As she drove away Gabriel could not help but feel a sense of hopelessness. She was as mysterious as the night who was so much apart of her . As beautiful as the glittering stars, and as consuming as the night. He sighed as he watched the Maserati cruise down the driveway. Why was she so intoxicating to him?
Adrienn drove to the airport and boarded a private plane for Spain, herm cari nthe bottom of the plane, the pilot being an old friend.
“Hey Adrienne.”
“Hola my friend. How does the weather look today?”
“Beautiful day for flying. Doing osme racing this trip?”
“Yeah sure am.”
“Good go kick osme butt.”





You must login () to review.