Logan walked into the kitchen to see a very sleepy Ororo getting her first cup of coffee, she was in jogging clothes and still smelled of sleep. He chuckled and walked into the kitchen. They had a morning ritual of this.
“Omelet darlin?”
Ororo smiled she loved his omelets.
“No thanks Logan I have a morning appointment.”
Logan raised an eyebrow.
“And that would be?”
Ororo laughed at his remark.
“Wouldn’t you love to know?”
She turned back to the refrigerator flipping her hair for his benefit. When she heard nothing from him she turned back and looked at him seeing he was serious.
“Her name is Adrienne she’s an old friend of T’challa’s and mine. I grew up with her.” At that moment Hank walked in and greeted them both. They both turned and greeted him and Ororo seeing her opportunity made a quick exit out the side door. As she jogged to coffeshop she smiled to herself. She and Adrienne hadn’t seen each other in quite some time. Adrienne, she and T’challa had paled around as kids. Adrienne had recently come over from the dark forest in Africa. There were many legends surrounding that part, some of ancient elves, dwarves and other creatures that inhabited the earth all at one time. She smiled remembering the bedtime stories that her mother had used for years to get her to sleep. She rounded the corner and headed in to the coffee shop, this made her grin even wider, Adrienne was notoriously five minutes late for everything. Ororo grabbed a cup of coffee a table and sat and waited.
Adrienne awoke the next morning to her dog licking her face.
“Ay laddie I missed ya to last night.”
The dog whined as she attempted to calm him down.
“Calm down ya silly mutt.”
The husky cocked his head looking at her strangely. Adrienne knocked him over and wrestled with him a moment. Adrienne laughed as her ninty pound husky pinned her to the floor. The dog attempted to lay down but Adrienne quickly discouraged that idea She looked her husky in the eye.
“Off.”
The husky wagged his tail.
“Off me dog.”
Akiya quickly got off and Adrienne seeing his downcast ears petted him and then looked at the time groaned.
“Damm alarm clok, durn thing doesn’t work.”
She grabbed a pair of jeans pushing, attaching her leg knife as she did. She quickly pulled her hair back, grabbing her army cap to hide her ears and headed to the coffee shop. She pushed open the door and smiled at the white haired beauty sitting at the table. Adrienne headed over and sat down ordering a cup of coffee and a bagel.
“Ororo Munroe, Daughter of the wind ye are, how are ya?”
Ororo smiled at her long time friend, they were much alike.
“You’ve lived in Ireland to long sister. Your African accent is no longer there, switch to regular English.”
Adrienne laughed.
“Allright how are you African princess?”
“Well my friend well, stop calling me that infernal name, you’re the African princess, t’challa is still in love with me eh?”
Adrienne grinned.
“That he is Ororo could he ever stop loving you?”
“He never looked at you like that.”
“That’s because hes my brother.”
“No he’s not.”
“Actually he is I can prove it.”
Ororo looked at the young women before her shocked.
“He is?”
“Yes he is. I chose to live outside the palace. The people you saw me live with were my granparents. I went to school in the castle and all the other things but I never lived there. It was such a waste to me at that time. I hated polotics.”
“You spent a lot of time in the forest.”
“I did.”
“Why Adrienne?”
Adrienne remained silent.
“That is a story for another time sister.”
Ororo saw pain flutter across Adrienne’s face. She reached across the table and grabbed her hand.
“Adrienne sister what ails you?”
“Mom and dad were killed Ororo, they were assassinated by an cult.”
Ororo felt tears sparkle in her eyes and looked at her friend.
“When?”
“Six months ago.”
The two of them remained silent for several minutes and Adrienne squeezed Ororo’s hand. When she spoke her voice cracked.
“I always wanted to be you Ororo Munroe.”
At her comment Ororo’s head came up.
“What?”
Adrienne smiled through her tears.
“O to have the freedom of the air. I always wanted to be you, with your charm and your ability to be scandalous even around T’challa. I never had that freedom. You always have. Your beautiful, you can get any mans attention with just a flash of those deep blue eyes and you were always scandalous as could be.”
Ororo was about to burst out laughing. She got up and hugged Adrienne hard.
“Your silly. Because I always wanted to be you.”
They both had a good laugh.
“Where are you staying?”
“ A small house I rented. I have a dog and he can be a bit of a troublemaker, as well as a car.”
Ororo looked amused.
“What kind of car?”
“A maserati. One of the many toys daddy had. He was a circuit racer here in the states.”
Ororo’s eyes twinkled.
“I could see that, your much more like your father than T’challa is aren’t you?”
Adrienne nodded.
“Yes T’challa is much like my mother. While I am like daddy.”
“I only met your father once, roguishly handsome if I remember correct, long ears though.”
Adrienne nodded.
“That would be daddy.”
“Must be where T’challa got his charm.”
Adrienne again nodded.
“Daddy could win any women he wanted but he fell in love with mommy. He had always been a one women man, and mommy held his heart. They never had a lack of passion or trust in their marriage. Daddy and I spent a lot of time together, he used to take me on his diplomatic mission.”
“diplomatic missions you picked up when he died, you frequently into the dark forest. Adrienne who was that tribe?”
Adrienne remained silent.
“Why won’t you speak of it sister?”
“I can’t Ororo.”
“Why? Adrienne your father has been dead for years, why won’t you speak of it?”
Ororo watched as Adrienne’s eyes changed, they turned to a gray color almost as if they were the moon themselves. She blinked and they were green again. Ororo was unsure as to what she had just seen.
“It is forbidden. Do not ask me again. Please Ororo.”
Her hand squeezed Ororo’s lovingly. Ororo seeing the pain it caused her squeezed her hand back.
“We won’t speak of it again. You know of Xavier’s institute?”
Adrienne laughed and took along drink of her coffee.
“I spent a great deal of time with Xavier when he came to Wakanda. So yes I do know of his institute.”
“We could use your help, your trained in many martial arts and your also an immunologist you could teach them science.”
Adrienne nodded.
“Can do. If it will help you.”
“It will greatly.”
“Then lets go get my stuff and we’ll go, I don’t have much. I’ll drive you back.”
Together the two women went out to the car and drove to Adrienne’s house. They went in and Adrienne ran to her room to pack. Ororo walked in noticing that the house was spotless, the refrigerator had little food in it.
“I’ll clean out the fridge.”
Adrienne smiled.
“Good. Theres some specialties from Wakanda in there.”
Ororo’s eyes danced.
“I forgot your mother taught you to cook.”
Adrienne laughed and went up to the loft. It was open and Ororo could see her. She let out Akiya who ran downstairs and barked at Ororo, Ororo smiled.
“He’s beautiful Adrienne.”
“MMM I love him. He’s a good dog.”
Adrienne quickly reached into her drawer and grabbed her katana, quickly putting it in her suitcase. Adrienne felt the other swords and pulled them out, she unsheathed them, they were the swords of her people, they had inscriptions on them. They were guilded by one man, one man who could prove the innocence of her people.
“Beautiful sword.”
Adrienne came back to the present and snapped it shut.
“Whos sword is it?”
Again Ororo watched Adrienne put walls up.
“Adrienne whats going on that your not telling me.”
“Its complicated Ororo.”
“Obviously.”
Adrienne took a deep breath, then reached down and hugged her close.
“Give me a bit of time sister, and then I will tell you.”
Ororo nodded.
“I’m holding you to that.”
“I know.”
She packed the rest of her things and the two of them loaded the car. Jesha flicked her a set of keys and pointed to the Lamborghini.
“Drive it home?”
Ororo nodded.
“Hell yes.”
The two got in the cars and drove to the Xavier mansion.





You must login () to review.