And it seems that it’s become empty,
shipped in drowsiness,
this child's thin body,
yours fragile body.

…There was a light in Rec. Room. Team didn’t sleep. It was first night, when Ororo wasn’t home and everyone in mansion was worried.
- Maybe, she found … a friend? You know… well … I mean friend… Not like we … well, I want to tell, that she found…
- Lover, Jeannie? – Gambit grinned, - you mean lover?
- Well…yes, - mumbled Jean, blushing.
- Hardly. –Rouge shook her head, - She would tell us, I’m sure.
- Maybe, she met him today. – Redhead assumed. Now it was Gambit’s turn to shake head:
- Stormy won’t sleep with the first comer.
- Oh! Come on, guys! – Scott grumbled. – Dodn’t pretend that you haven’t notice that she was not in her plate all these three days? It’s clear, where she is – searching for our Logan, helping him to fight his fears, listening to his snotty complaints…
- You are so acute, One-Eye.
The door swung open and Logan came in. It took a minute for X-men to understand, what had happened. Horrifying sighs swept in the room, hanging in the air …
"They are shocked…" – Logan thought – “nothing strange…"
Cyclops didn’t believe. Come on, leader, you didn’t trusted me, didn’t respect, didn’t appreciate. You thought that you could supervise me, force to listen to your foolish orders … What do you feel now, when all your belief fell?
Cajun… sadness in eyes… you knew that something would happen, didn't you?! Since that minute when you found out, that I love her. You are brutally acute, Cajun, but this time it didn’t helped…
Rouge… hatred in eyes… strong and deep … Now you and me together hate me as strong as anybody. Right, baby, hatred clears soul … Hate me…
Jeannie… you’re so weak. Shivering, afraid to look at the truth, you are afraid to believe in the validity …
Jubilee… Round black eyes, full of surprise, infinite and dimensionless. Take off pink glasses, girl, life’s not so beautiful and good, as it would be desirable. It has also other side - dirty, disgusting, vile, but it’s our reality. So be ready to what waits for you behind these impenetrable walls …
Hank… too clever to show your feelings, professionally studding `Ro. Probably, you already knows the answer to a question: will she live? You’re my savior, my last hope …
I make a step and the world, as if it falls upon me, pressing down by all it’s weight …
Jean silently cries, Gambit shook his head, Cyclops shouts something…
Hank cautiously takes my precious burden and steadfastly looks in my face. Saying nothing, carries her away, somewhere in labyrinths of grey corridors and I finally realize, that, probably I see my dear girl for the last time.
Not coming off, I look, while the next bend of a wall will hide her - pale, tormented with me … I don’t care about anything.
Rouge hysterically sobs and beats me on my face, spitting out poisonous retorts.
" You … you … how could you?!!! She trusted you!!! Animal!!! She trusted you!!! " – Rouge chokes with her tears, trying to express all her hatred. Do it. I don’t care.
Cajun, don’t try, don’t stop her. She treats herself hatred … someone put’s handcuffs… Cyclops … What, leader, you can burn out me the beam or shoot down, as a dog … only it won’t help…maybe only for you …
It became more silent in a drawing room: Rouge buried her face in Gambit’s chest, raincoat muffled her bitter and desperate sobbing. Cajun lifted his head and met my sight. And kept silent, too.
I turned away, obeying Scott. We were walking for a long time…or maybe, time meant nothing for me, I have simply forgot about it… Ororo’s ghost is before my eyes, I see only her. Even in imagination I didn’t try to ask a pardon – for such do not forgive. Never…
Cyclops pushed me into white chamber, without windows, without furniture … and then he closed the door, loudly slapped the mechanical lock. The cage slammed …





You must login () to review.