I never betray the friend in my life.
Only yourself, but it’s not a merit …

- You will pay for it! – Sinister hissed, directing a stream of energy in Logan. The portal transferred them to laboratory with snow-white tiled floors and absence of a smell. Wolverine felt someone’s painful authority above his body, he could not rise - I developed this plan very long, and you have spoiled all.
" I can handle it, I won’t give up… I won’t… I can’t!" … Consciousness inevitably left him … "Fuck!!! Why water drips from a ceiling? ".
Essex placed Logan in operational and turned on some device …
"Why I can not open an eye? Why? " The Man on an operational table has screamed, when laser beams, as if wet cold fingers, penetrated into his brain and started to break his will, self-checking, to crumple his ideas and feeling, as the spoiled sheets of a paper.
"Why I fall?" The consciousness was scattered on slices of one puzzle, and he didn’t have forces to collect them together. Logan fell in darkness, in blinding darkness … the image of the fine woman has flashed. He knew her. " Why is SHE here, in this nightmare? "
He didn’t shout at all. Has compressed teeth, but didn’t shout. He was afraid to frighten off this vision, which has come to him …
And beams changed all and changed his constant will …
"Switch off the sun!"
Essex hemmed satisfied. All passed successfully, small failure in the end, but it’s not counted.
"I have told: SWITCH OFF the SUN!"
- You prevented me with Remy, but helped with experience, - Sinister muttered. Logan tried to rise, but suddenly felt a wild pain in a head. He had never known such. No… he knew …
"Striker! No! No…again! "
Essex with surprise observed of the patient through bulletproof glass. Logan jumped from a table, despite of the weakness; mad eyes stared at the hands …
"Stop! I’m raving … It was for a long time. 60 years ago. What’s happening with me now?"
- He’s strong, - Essex smiled.
"Switch off this light! It blinds me …don’t! Leave me! Let out! What is it? Sinister?! Son of the bitch! “Logan thrust claws in glass.
But Sinister didn’t receded, in spite of the fact that NOW Wolverine was dangerous as never …
- What you have done with me, fucker?
- Nothing. Just returned your face to you, your life, yourself. You are an animal, Logan.
"No! NO! Not THIS word …"
- You’re animal, the most terrible animal because you can think, but can not resist yourself.
Glass has busted and was showered thousand splinters under Logan’s feet. Behind Essex the portal was lighted. He turned back and said:
- Once you deceived a nature, hid a predator in yourself, but Destiny is such contender at whom you can’t win twice.
- I will kill you!
- Right, Logan. You will KILL. – Sinister disappeared in portal.
"I won’t give up so simply. I shall struggle. Switch off this fucking light, fuckers, or I will tear them all. I hate! I HATE!!!"
And then darkness came…

Logan sat on a floor, trying to collect in a heap running up thoughts. After several unsuccessful attempts it was possible to him. He was stirred up, slowly risen and focused the sight on hours.
Strange … it seems, he rolled here only for some minutes after … what??? There only muddy images in head, too not clear and indistinct.
"Fuck, what happened with me!?" - Logan with concentration rubbed his temples, but a headache only amplified. Then he tried to make a step and almost fell on a slippery white tile. It was not pleasant for him. With coordination of movements everything was is all right. Always. In any condition.
Logan stood, enabling regeneration to complete the work. Memory came back quickly, but it did not please him. It’s better to remember nothing than to see before your eyes the humiliating face of Sinister… Logan crawled away to a wall. Felt a sharp pain. Thousand of fine grains of the broken glass have stuck into hands. And again before eyes the white cold blinding sphere so ruthlessly cutting his sensitive eyes …
"I must fuck out from here!" – the brain has obligingly prompted, recovering from a shock. Logan has left laboratory and narrowed eyes from the bright midday sun. Involved motionless air, quickly defined direction. He expected, that the portal has transferred him on any desert island, or in small cave somewhere in Himalayas, or even on well protected military base, but not on this bright cheerful glade in the middle of a wood behind which there was their mansion! Sinister became completely impudent – has equipped practically under their noses! Yeah… And they haven’t notice it…good guards of the world! No words. And no ideas.
That he had done with him? What he was involved in? And why, for Jesus’ sake, he pursued Cajun? He could wait him in mansion and kill him right here. Though, he once again rescued his French brainless head.
"All my troubles begin with laboratories, - Logan gloomy thought, walking aside woods. Head was still intolerable sick, also heavy ideas about happened didn’t helped at all. One minute later, he entered in woods - cool, gloomy and slightly horrible for the simple person. But for Wolverine the woods was his second house. The house in which you will be always glad, in spite of on anything, where you always can find a shelter even if all world has renounced you. The wood will not banish, will not shout, will not offend and will not humiliate. It, as careful mother, will cherish the child while this child will not strike first…
Logan with pleasure breath in dead air, absorbing thousand aromas of this place, and on his dark face appeared the semblance of a smile …
Everything in the world disappeared for him, until he noticed movement in bushes. No, it was not a wind … Logan felt blood! Real, hot, fast … Suddenly all his feelings became aggravated up to a limit, he madly wanted to fall on four paws, hide, and then unexpected for a victim and for himself make a prompt jump, towards to a small lump of fear and horror …
Logan regained consciousness and with horror found out, that in his hands is beating and plaintive screaming absolutely tiny wood mousy. She, with all her forces, tried to escape from steel embraces of his hand, but, certainly, without results. Logan involuntarily compressed a hand, not letting her to escape, and then he felt, as life leaved the weakened mousy, the drop behind a drop… But, no he did not want it, he thirsted to stick a teeth into even alive trembling flesh … to exhaust all scarlet liquid up to last drop … to feel on lips her salty smack… to inhale aroma of fresh juicy meat …with pleasure.
"Damn! What’s going with me?" – Logan with loathing looked at his hands. In them, the mousy calmed down in last convulsions. Wolverine flung away corpse of unfortunate creation and stood up, looking around on the sides.
"Where these thoughts from?! These feelings?! ". As if derisively, the image of Essex has emerged in his consciousness: " you an animal, the most terrible animal because you can think, but can not resist to yourself " … the Animal? … the Predator? … Essex leaves, but his place is not empty … the felted wool, the huge muscles, eyes full of animal rage, the canines, always stained with blood. Sabertooth … a predator, too … Logan looked around again…
But he is human! Not an animal, not an animal. All of them are mistaken! … They don’t understand him… Let them call him a devil, but not an animal, not a predator. He is too tired from it!! From misunderstanding … from all …
"Predator! Predator! – Essex spitefully laughed at his consciousness, "Animal!" – Yorico whispered with disgust, "Animal!" – Cyclops repeated with hatred, when thought, that he doesn’t hear …
- Stop!!! – Logan shouted, but the only answers were shouts of frightened birds. The wood rustled – it didn’t like vanity and shouts … But Logan didn’t pay attention to it. He stood, panting, and hated words still rushed in brains. Trying to get rid of them, he rushed, breaking bushes and frightening birds.
But unless did somebody manage to escape from the fears? They pursued him, getting in the way, looking to face or sufficing behind for a jacket. In ears - ringed Spinster’s embarrassing laughter, Sabertooth’s spiteful growl and thousand more other sounds, each of them was reflected in a brain by a pulsing pain. And it seemed that there won’t be rescue.
The only light in this dark wood empire was the mansion, as an image of something domestic and pleasant. Logan calmed down. Then tried to realize all event, but could not. He needed to retire, collect the thoughts and to think about what’s happening with him.
"Do you really think that you can?" – whispered an internal voice, but Logan waved it away and directed to mansion. Nobody should prevent him, so, he needed to report to the Cyclops. Well …

Already from apart he heard chaotic speech of Cajun:
- Listen! I said, he needs help!! You don’t know Sinister? He is capable of all!!!
A velvety voice of the Rouge:
- Let’s start with that, sugar, how you together managed to run on Essex?
- It’s not important! – blew up Remy, - the main thing, that he is in danger! In big danger!!!
- Not small, he will cope … - the Rouge yawned.
- She is right! – picked up Scott, - especially, at two o’clock we have a conference on a problem of mutual relation of young mutants with their usual coevals …
- Fuck this conference!! – Remy completely became angry.- the help is necessary for Wolverine! And if you’re too laziness to tear off your asses from sofa, I will go there alone!

- Sit silently, Cajun! – Wolverine growled. - Your help is not necessary for me. I’ve coped myself. Really, I’m not so small, - he threw a derisive sight on the Rouge. The girl was pressed in an armchair, big green eyes looked with fright. Some seconds a team with amazement and horror looked at Logan. Finally, Jean has plaintively peeped:
- Wolverine, what happened with you?
Logan, ignored her retort, and hoarsely said:
- Leave me. Now, I DON’T NEED you, no one.
And, turning around, left a room in death silence.

Wolverine slowly reached the cabin, opened a door, entered. The smart grey skin of the huge wolf, killed by him on snow open spaces of northern Canada, rushed to eyes. Logan looked in eyes of a dead animal smiling to him as to old friend, then came across a fragment of a dusty mirror and started back.
There from he looked at himself … But this sight … can’t be …
Logan once again looked at the wolf and bitterly grinned.
He understood, why X-men reacted SO…





You must login () to review.