He did not know what to tell her. She sat there with her fifth drink. Maybe it wasn’t such a great idea to go to the hotel bar. It was like if she had gone numb.

“Darlin, I think you need to ease it up a little on the alcohol. Or I am gonna have to carry you to the room. “.
She looked up at him now with a blank expression. “I don’t know what the hell to think Logan. I don’t know if I am more upset with Jean or Raul.”
“Well I think they both share the blame on this one Ro. It does take two to tango.” Shit. No pun intended on the tango instructor. Ororo smiled.

“What am I supposed to do? Call them. Or just show up and say Oh by the way I heard you two got comfortable over the phone.”
They were both silent for a minute. How should she handle this?
“You could always make them sweat it out and torture the hell out of them with them wondering if you know.”

“That’s not me Logan. I don’t want to fight or play any games. I just want to move on and pretend I never knew Raul………………..or Jean.”

“Gonna be mighty hard with you both living in the mansion. Unless if you move to the lake house“.
“You know. I think you have something there Logan. I can continue to teach and live in the lake house.”
“Ro. You’re not going to isolate yourself are ya. Fuck’ em. They made the mistake. Jean did not you. You don’t have to run Ro.”
“I’m not running Logan. I am just distancing myself from people that I don’t’ want to be around. Besides the professor did say anyone is free to occupy it. “
“What about Jean and Raul. How do you plan to lay it on them?”
She chuckled to herself and smiled at Logan. “I’m not. I am not going to mention a thing.”
“Your not seriously going to go back with this fucker..”

“Wait! Wait. Let me finish. I think you might have had a point in what you said earlier. I don’t want to ruin anyone’s marriage. The last person I want to hurt is Scott. I also don’t want to lose face over this.
I am going to break up with Raul. Tell him it’s not working out. And slowly distance myself from Jean. She is smart and will get the hint.”
This didn’t smell good. Ro was good at hiding her emotions but was she this good?
“Are ya sure you will be able to break up with Raul Ro? The fucker is a charmer.”
“Yes Logan. I can be a cold bitch when I have to be”


BACK AT THE MANSION……The following morning.

She awoke with an arm around her. Scott? She turned to say good morning to her dear husband only to look at the face of her best friend’s boyfriend instead. “Ah shit!” She looked back at the ceiling.
I was hoping that was a bad dream. What the hell was I thinking? Ororo? Ah she knew she was bad but this one topped all of them. This was worse than her little rendezvous with Logan. She should have never walked into Burnes that night. She wished she would have allowed Raul to call her a taxi instead of driving her home after too many drinks. And he never should have walked her to her room. She never should have accidently kissed him good night on the lips. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Her anger at Logan’s rejection led her to drink. Yeah but not into our best friends man. Jean you’re an idiot! She placed her pillow over her head and began to hit herself with it.
This movement woke Raul. Who removed the pillow from her hand.
The both stared and each other. Shame rushing all over them.
“Well. This is awkward isn’t it?” said the redhead. I guess there were no better ways to describe it.
“Yes it is. I don’t know what to say Jean. I’m sorry. “
“Sorry? Save that for Ororo. Not me. I am going to be standing in line next to you groveling.”
He looked down at the sheets. Then sat up. He could just change and leave. Let Ororo and Jean handle this. Yeah right. Ororo was going to let him have it. And well deserved.

Jean got up and went to the restroom. She couldn’t look at herself as she splashed water on her face.
There was a light rap at the door. She opened it slowly. There he was dressed and as handsome as she had seen him at the bar. No wonder Ororo went head over heals for this one. God. Get your mind out of the gutter woman


“Jean. I know this is awkward. I know that what I am about to say is going to sound a little cold. But we… we don’t have to tell her. This will just be between you and me. “
She stood there silent.
“Think about it Jean. No one knows. We will hurt her more than help the situation. She doesn’t deserve this Jean. You know this don’t you? Do you really want to hurt your friend?”
“No…………. I don’t want to hurt her….. I…” She broke down. Years of friendship thrown down the toilet.
He grabbed hold of her. Wrapping his arms around her. “It’s ok. It’s ok. Don’t kill yourself over this. It is not the end of the world. You are a good woman Jean. And a good wife and friend. Sometimes these things happen even to the rest of us.”

He walked her over to the bed and sat her down. He then walked to the door and locked it before anyone was to walk in on them. He turned around and stared at her. He had a small wolfish smile on his face. Last nights emotions filled her again. He walked towards the bed and took her hand .


“Come here Jean.” She stood. He scent was mighty seductive and she wanted to feel his skin on hers again. “I don’t know what this is Jean. But I can’t get enough of you. And if we already fell into this what ever it is.”

With that his lips came down on hers. Where the hell was the guilt to stop her again. She should push him off. But she found herself wrapping her arms around his neck……..





You must login () to review.