Chapter 10: See You In My Dreams

Logan did not understand what was going on in his own mind. He looked around at the sky and noticed that it was filled with stars. Out of a force of habit he looked down at his wrist to see the time. Why he did this he couldn’t understand. He never wears a watch, never has but he catches himself looking ever time he needs to know the time. All he can figure he must have worn a watch a lot before he lost his memory. He couldn’t imagine why he would have even needed a watch then but the hows and whys had been stripped from his mind. Now the only thing he was left with is the fact that he acted like an animal and had six big claws coming out of his hands. This brought him to the reason he had stayed outside all day. He needed to meditate on what was going on in is head. He had never thought of Storm like this. Hell recently he had only began to think of her like a friend. His first thought of her was…hell he really did not think of her that much when he first came. The only person on his mind was Jean. Then Storm became the Ice Queen with that whole speech about needing to chose a side and if you are going to fight with us than be with us. When the professor died she became a comforter. She was there for him when he watched Charles die and was there for him when he had to kill Jean. Then she became the boss lady. Not by choice but still she was in charge and that bothered him. He was not used to taking orders from anyone especially some woman. Recently however he saw a different side of her. She was someone he could laugh with and hang out with. He just did not understand it. Where did the desire to have sex with her last night come from. Hell he knew the answer to that, his animal side, but where did the other feelings come from. He did not understand why he got so mad at her earlier. Now that he really thought about it mad was not the feeling he was feeling, it was more like hurt. Why should it hurt him that she thinks of him only as a friend? That is all they are. They are just pretending to be in a relationship, he knows that but why did it feel as though her words ripped his heart out. He could tell that it was past 8:00. There were more lights on in the students’ room than downstairs. That means he missed lunch and diner. People were probably worried about him. He couldn’t help but wonder if Storm was worried about him. He looked up at her office and noticed that the light was on. He had to go speak with her. If he ignored her the rest of the day she would begin to suspect something. She would go around asking questions, ones that he did not know the answers to himself.




Logan walked upstairs after grabbing him a quick bite to eat. He figured that he needed to go upstairs and check in with Ororo. He walked upstairs and knocked on her door.

“Come in Logan.”

He opened the door. “How’d you know it was me? Sure you can’t read minds Boss lady.”

Ororo looked up from her work. “I know you are not the type of man to stay gone all day and not check in when you get back.” She looked back down and started marking the papers with a red pen. “Plus all the students know that if they are not in their rooms at this time I’ll raise sand.”

“I’m sorry I was gone all day. I just needed some time alone.”

“Logan, you do not have to explain it to me. I know that you are a loner by nature. I’m just so grateful that you are sticking with the school and the team. If you need time to yourself every once and while so that you are able to continue doing that, then I can allow it.”

“Thanks for understanding. I’m going to head on to bed. Good Night.”

“Rest well, Logan.”

“You to.” He closed the door behind him and went up to his room. He pulled off his clothes and laid down. A few minutes later he was sound asleep. However, he was not resting peacefully. He was in the middle of a dream. One that he had not experienced before. He was standing in the middle of the mansion. He could hear the sound of the students outside playing a game of volleyball. By the time he made it to the bottom of the stairs, he heard the sounds of screams coming from outside. He ran to the door but by the time he got there, it was pitch black outside. He walked around calling out the students’ names but no one answered. He went to the memorial gardens and found that there were several more head stones. He read the names off one by one “Bobby “Iceman” Drake, Katherine “Shadow Cat” Pryde, Marie “Rogue”, Piotr "Colossus" Rasputin, Henry “Beast” McCoy. He couldn’t believe it. All of the X-Men were gone. All of the kids’ names were listed as the same dates. Henry’s was a few days later. “What the hell happened?”

Just then he heard the sound of Charles coming up from behind him. “You are what happened Logan. This is all your fault.”

“I don’t believe you. They had to die in a mission.”

“If you don’t believe me go ask Storm. She will tell you what you did.”

Logan ran up the stairs calling out for Ororo. He never heard her answer but caught her scent coming from her office. He did not waste anytime knocking on her door and walked right in. The sight he saw made him sick. There in the middle of her office was Ororo lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood. He went to check her out but could tell by the vacant empty look in her opened eyes that she was dead. He felt someone in the room with him and unleashed his claws. He turned to see Jean standing in front of him. “Look at what you did Logan.”

“I couldn’t have done this.”

“Look closely at her Logan.” He examined her body closely and saw three close together puncture mark in her chest. He looked at his claws. “Do they look familiar Logan? They should, it is exactly the same thing that you did to me.”

“Why?”

“Don’t you understand Logan? You are an animal. You kill everything you care for. First me, then the students, and then your only friends.”

“No.”

“Yes. You are a monster, a killer. No one will ever love you, you are not worth it. It’s all your fault.”

“No! No!” He shot up screaming “NOOOOO!!!!!” as loud as he could.

Ororo who has a room right next door to him came running in. “Logan are you alright?”

He growled at her “Go away.”

“No.”

He got out of bed, popped his claws out. “I said Get Out Ro!!!”

“I’m not leaving until you tell me what is wrong. You wake me up screaming. I want to know right now what happened.”

He smelled no fear coming off of her. He also knew she could be very stubborn and knew she would not leave until he answered her. He put he claws back in and backed down. “Sorry to wake you up. Just a bad dream that I don’t want to talk about. I think I’ll be alright. Just go back to bed.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m fine. Good night Ro.”

“Good night Logan.” She went to close the door but before she did. “I have no idea what it was about but if you ever need to speak with me, my door is always open.” With that she closed his door. He listened as she walked down the hall and closed her door. He heard her turn on some soothing music which he knew was for his own benefit. He laid down and let it relax him. Next thing he knew he was drifting off to sleep again, hoping not to have another nightmare that night.





You must login () to review.