You Just Might Make Me Believe
Chapter 2: Questions

The dinning hall seemed louder than normal. This may have been because about everyone that lived in the mansion was in here eating. Logan was of course sitting by himself. He honestly preferred it this way. By being alone he was allowed to see everyone that came in and out. He noticed that tonight there were some differences from the normal routine. One difference was the fact that Marie and Bobby came in at total different times. He also noticed that they were not sitting at the same table. He figured there must be some trouble in paradise. He would have to talk to Marie later and find out what was going on. He really hoped that the Popsicle did not hurt Marie. He really liked him. He also noticed that Kitty had walked in with the new kid Alex. Storm had explained to everyone that Alex was Scott’s younger brother. It seemed that the both of them had gone into the orphanage when Scott was 7 and Alex was 3. Alex was adopted by a nice family while Scott remained until his powers developed and Charles took him in. Alex’s powers developed about 3 months ago. It seemed like he had the ability to use the energy around him to push things back. Logan really did not know that much about him because he had not went out of his way to get to know the kid. He really did not feel the desire to since his brother and he did not get along. He was sure the kid knew about it and did not like him. He also looked around the room and noticed that Hank just came in. He was always late for dinner. He worked up until the last minute down in the lab. Logan did not blame him though. If it wasn’t for the fact that Storm assigned duty, he wouldn’t even show up at all. He was a loner and liked it that way. He watched as Hank got his food and headed in his direction. He really did not want Hank to sit with him but hey he was not going to be mean. He really liked the fur ball. Hank placed his plate down and sat down. “How are you today my friend?”
“I’m alright. Food is good tonight. Petey is one mean cook. Trying to get full tomorrow Jubilee is cooking.”
“Don’t ruin it for me so early. Her cooking really makes me miss the old days.”
“Why is that?”
“When I first came here since there was not that many students we had a personal cook named Betty. She was one damn good cook. She could make about anything you could want.”
“You have been with the X-Men for a while. How old were you when you first came here?”
“I was sixteen. That was when the blue fur began to appear. I began my mutation at around 12. That was when I gained some of my strength, agility, and big size. But that was not that big of a problem. It allowed me to be a football player. When the fur began to grow it scared the hell out of my mom and my dad. My dad was a doctor and he examined me from top to bottom and found there was nothing wrong with me. He sent me to another friend of his who was a doctor that specialized in rare childhood diseases. He explained that there was nothing wrong with me and it seemed that there had been some other children that were displaying some weird things. He told my dad about this place. It seems that the professor was good friends with my dad’s friend and he had told him that if any kids came up with these gifts to give him a call. Dad sent me here and the rest is history.”
“Who was here when you first got here?”
“Jean came when she was 12 so she was here before me. Scott also came when he was 12 so he was here before me. Ororo was here long before me. She was the first of the students. After me there were several other students.”
“You said there were other kids here when you got here. Who were they?”
“Jean was here. So were Scott, and Ororo. There were two other girls named Carol and Emma. There was another guy named Sean. We were a pretty good group and got along. Well some of us did.”
“So what was everyone’s powers?”
“Well you know what mine, Jean, Scott, and Ororo powers are. Carol had super human strength. Emma was a mind reader like the professor. Sean gave off a super sonic scream.”
“What happened to everyone?”
“Emma left. Sean went back to Scotland after he gained control of his powers. While Carol had super human strength she was not able to stop a bullet. She was killed by anti-mutant group. That is what lead Emma and Magneto to leave the X-Men. It also made Storm really begin to distrust regular humans even more.”
“Storm distrusted humans before then?”
“Yeah none of the students knew why she did not get along with the regular people; we just knew she was different. No one really knew that much about her at all. We all would share our stories but her. All we knew was she was the first and the one that started Charles to want to start this school.” There was a break in talk while Hank ate some food. “Speaking of Ororo. Where is she?”
“I don’t know. She hasn’t come in yet.”
“I bet you she is still working. That woman will work herself to death if we let her. I’ll fix her a plate and take it to her office. Maybe that will make her eat.”
“No I have to go see her anyway, I’ll fix it. And I promise you I will make her eat.” Logan got up and fixed Storm a plate. He wasn’t sure what she liked so he put a little bit of everything on it. He walked out of the dinning hall and started down to her office. He opened the door without even knocking. “Ok Boss lady. I know you are working hard but that is no reason not to…” He stopped mid sentence when he noticed her head lying on her desk. She was sound asleep. He figured that she had not rested in hours. He put the food in the mini frig that was by her desk. He noticed that she had fallen asleep while working on some of the things they were supposed to work on later. He saw that she had two piles of bills. She also had a list of things that needed to be paid including teachers’ salaries. He knew that she said that these things had to be done tonight. He didn’t want to wake her. He grabbed the things off the desk and took a seat on the couch. He looked over everything that needed to be done and knew it was possible to get it finished but it was going to take a while. “Guess I’m up for a long night. This will teach me to offer to help anyone again.” He opened up everything and went to work.





You must login () to review.