Chapter 3:

Ororo was still asleep at her desk when morning arose. She was currently in the middle of a dream. She really didn’t understand what was going on. She was standing in a dirty hut. Surrounding her were some very young girls. These girls didn’t look to be much over six. All of them looked absolutely terrified. She could hear a man shouting in a language she recognized to be from her mother’s homeland. However, she didn’t know what was said. It had been years since she had heard the language and she had honestly forgot it. She could not see the man because he was hidden behind a closed door. She did however understand what happened next. She heard the screams of a young girl behind the door with the man. The young girl was screaming in English. “Please don’t, it hurts. Stop it.” Ororo ran to the door when she heard, “Someone please help.” She flung open the door but she couldn’t see anything. She was blinded by a bright light that reminded her of lightening. Her head shot off the desk when she heard a loud boom. She prepared herself, fearing the mansion was under attack but relaxed when she saw the lightening flash and heard the thundered boom. She realized the weather was reacting to her emotions brought on by the nightmare. The more she calmed down the more the weather did. “I must have fallen asleep waiting on Logan.” She looked at her desk clock. “12:30. I should have knew that he would not show up. He offers to help then does not even show up. That lousy son of a …” She stops mid sentence when she looked over at the couch. She sees Logan sound asleep on the couch. She noticed that in his lap was the budget book and calculator. He had a pencil in one hand and a bill in another. Scattered around him was all the bills she had on her desk. He had honestly fallen asleep working. She walked over to him and eased the book off his lap. While it may not have been the neatest job, his work was very detailed. He added up every deposit that had been made and added it to last months total to get the current amount. He had written out every bill that had been paid and subtracted it from the current budget. He was working on things to be paid when he had fallen asleep. It all really completely amazed her. She was startled out of her thoughts by a gruff voice behind her. “So what you think boss lady?”
“I was thinking that I’m surprised you did all of this.”
“Well I know it isn’t exactly the neatest thing in the world but hell I understand it so I figure anyone should.”
“No it’s fine. Easy to follow and to the point. Listen, I’m sorry.”
“What do you have to be sorry for?”
“I was thinking some pretty bad things about you before.”
“What were you thinking?”
“I was thinking that I was stupid to trust you and to believe that you were willing to help me. I feel like a total fool.”
“We all make mistakes. If you will hand me the book, I will finish up and you can figure out what else you need.”
“Ok. Thank you Logan.”
She handed Logan back the book and allowed him to get back to work. She returned to her desk and was finishing up what was left over to turn into the department of education. She was in the middle of working when she heard the book slam closed. “Well, I’m done. You now know exactly how much money we have in the bank after paying everything we have to. Now you can make out your shopping list.”
He handed her over the notebook and she opened it. “Wow, I didn’t realize we had this much left over. We will be able to eat good. Speaking of eating, I’m absolutely starved but I missed supper. I wonder if anything left in the fridge.”
“Not sure if there is but I brought you up something from the dinning hall earlier. It’s in the mini fridge. Figured if you were going to eat anything I had better get it for you then because it would be gone later. Pete cooked.” He watched as Ororo opened the box with the food in it. “I wasn’t sure what you would eat so I just went ahead a got a little of everything.”
“That is fine. It all looks so good and with Pete making it I know it will be. I don’t think that I can thank you enough for everything you have done.”
“You don’t have to thank me for anything Storm, I’m willing to help. So did you have a good nap?”
“Actually I didn’t. I was restless. I was in the middle of a nightmare when I woke up.”
“Really what was it about?”
“You know I honestly don’t remember.”
“Then how do you know it was a nightmare?”
“Because I was awaken by the sound of thundered. The weather was mirroring my emotions.”
“Well maybe it’s best that you don’t remember. Well, I’ll see you around Boss lady.”
Logan turned to walk out. “Logan wait. I was wondering if you could help me out tomorrow. There are some things that I have to get that are pretty heavy at the store and I’m going to need some help picking it up. Could you do it for me?”
“I swear do one nice thing for someone and the next thing you know you will be expected to do everything.”
“Sorry to ask you.”
“Storm I’m just kidding you. I would be happy to help you out. Just give me a call when you are ready to go and I’ll be there. Goodnight Storm. Rest easy.”
“Goodnight Logan.”
Logan walked out of the room. Ororo stayed and finished up just a few things, then turned in for the night.





You must login () to review.