You Just Might Make Me Believe
Chapter 5: Please

Ororo was sitting at her desk doing some work when she heard a knock at her door. “Please come in.” Her door opened and in walked Marie, Kitty, and one of the newest additions to the mansion, Jubilee. “Hello, ladies, how can I help you?”

“We heard that you were going into town today. Is that true?"

“I sure am. Why do you want to know?”

“Well, we were wondering if you did not mind could we tag along.”

“I’m only going to the grocery store ladies”

“But the mall is on the way.”

“Jubilee you just went to the mall last week. Do you really need to go again this week?”

“Storm you do realize that you are talking about Jubilee. She is doing good to go a couple of days without going to the mall.”

“Yeah, Storm shopping is my life.”

“I will allow you to go but there are two things you must do before I will let you go.”

“We will do anything.”

“First thing is that you must stop calling me Storm when we are not on a mission. Here I’m Ms. Monroe.”

“Of course Storm, I mean Ms. Monroe. What else is it that you want us to do?”

“Well I’m not the only person that is going on this shopping trip. Since he is going to be driving me, you have to go talk that person into taking you to the mall.”

Kitty spoke up. “Why do I get the feeling that we are not going to want to ask this person?”

“Well as long as the person we have to ask is not the Wolvester, we should be fine.”

“Jubilee if you want Logan to take you I would not recommend that you call him “The Wolvester” when you ask him. You know how he hates nicknames.” She went back to typing on the computer. “By the way we will be leaving in an hour so if you are going to ask him you had better hurry.”

The girls walked out the door. “Good job Jubilee. We are never going to get Mr. Logan to agree to take us to the mall. He hates that place worse than anything.”

“Shut up Kitty. I know how much he hates it so we have to come up with a plan that will make him want to take us.”

“The only way Logan will agree to take us is if someone that he really likes talk to him.”

“That’s a great idea Marie and I know the perfect person.”

“Who?”

“You.”

“Me”

“Yeah you. You said it yourself that he would willing do it for someone he likes. There is no one in this mansion that he likes more than you. Hell you are practically family to him. He would do anything for you.”

“I’m not sure. We haven’t been that close since I gave up my powers. Plus he hasn’t been close to anyone since he killed Jean. I think it all really affected him.”

“Well I don’t know anything about the Jean thing cause I wasn’t around but I’m telling you that you are our only hope Marie. Please go talk to him.”

“Ok, I’ll try.” Marie walked downstairs looking for Wolverine. She had no idea where he could be until she saw that the Danger Room was being used. She ran up to the control room hoping to get him to come out and talk with her. She ran in and slammed the door.

“What the hell do you think you are doing slamming that door?” She was surprised to find that Logan was in the control room watching Bobby do a drill.

“Sorry Logan. I didn’t mean to slam it. I just closed it too hard. What are you doing up here? I thought that you were the one in the danger room.”

“Nope, watching Bobby so I can give a report to the boss lady about how he is doing. Got to do one on all of the X-Kids so we can know how they will do on a mission. So what do you need?”

“I was hoping that I could talk to you.”

Logan looked surprised. “What about?”

“Anything. You know you and I have not been as close as we were before I gave up my powers and I kind of miss that relationship that we had before.”

“So have I. There were some things I was wondering about.”

“Like…”

“Like what is going on with you and Bobby. Last I knew anything you and he couldn’t be separated and just yesterday at dinner I noticed that you didn’t come in together, you didn’t sit together, and you didn’t even talk to each other. What’s going on? The dickhead hasn’t hurt you?”

“No nothing like that. We just had a fight about some things but we talked about it and everything is a lot better now. As a matter of fact I have a favor I need to ask you.”

“What is it?”

“Well I was hoping to be able to get Bobby something as my way of saying I’m sorry and to do that I need to go to the mall. So I need…”

“You need me to drive you and some of your friends to the mall so you can pick something out for your boyfriend that I don’t even like. Let me ask you, who put you up to asking me to do this?”

“Well Jubilee really wanted to go. So she went and asked Storm and she said that it would be up to you since you were the one who would be driving.”

“Storm huh…” He hit the speaker button so he could talk to Bobby. “Ok Bobby good job today. I’ll have a written report to give you about what all I thought about what you did for you tomorrow. You are free to go.” He turned back to Marie “I’ll have to go talk to Storm about a few things.” He turned and walked to the door.

“But are you going…” Before she could finish he had slammed the door. “Take us. And he fusses at me about the door.”

Logan stalked down the hall and went straight to Ororo’s office. He barged into her office. “What the hell is the deal?”

Ororo was on the phone. She looked at Logan with a very annoyed look on her face. “Would you please hold one minute, Sir? Someone just barged in my office.” She placed her hand over the phone to allow her to talk to Logan in private. “As you can see I’m on the phone with someone very important. So you will have to wait until I’m done before you can cuss me out.” She uncovered the receiver. “I’m so sorry. As I was saying, despite what you have heard about us we are not using the school as some kind of front to have time to train mutants for a secrete superhero group.” She paused for a second. “Yes, I’m willing to admit that I’m the leader of the group called the X-Men but I’m not using this group to train the X-Men. All training for this group is done after school hours and on the weekend.” She paused again. “Well I’m not sure who you get your information from Senator but you are more than welcome to come on any school day and visit and I can promise you that you will see my school being run as a school should be. Now if you will please excuse me I have to have a meeting with my teachers.” Storm hung the phone up. “Now if you ever just barge in my office again, I will just send a bolt up your ass instead of asking you to wait. Will you kindly explain why in the hell you came in here like that?”

“Yeah I will tell you boss lady. What is this I hear from Rogue about you telling me to take them to the mall?”

“First off Logan, I have a name. It’s Ororo. Try calling me it. Secondly, I did not tell the girls to tell you to take them. I told them that they would have to ask you if you were willing to take them to the mall when we leave to go to the grocery store.”

Logan realized that he had no reason to come in Storm’s office and yell at her. “I’m sorry. I just thought that you were trying to make me take them when it was not covenant.”

“Actually Logan you would not have to go out of your way. The mall is before you come to the store. Plus with having a few extra hands it will limit the time in which we will have to spend shopping for the supplies.”

“The only problem with your plan is the fact that if we take them to the mall, we will have to wait on them to get done and with Jubilee that could take hours.”

“Come on Logan. Take the girls. I’m sure there are things that you would like to look at. It would also give you the chance to make them look at you differently. They may actually begin to not be afraid of you.” She noticed the look he was giving her. “Okay maybe that is not the best thing to say. How about this? You owe me lunch out. I want to eat at TGIFridays and the only place one is, is at the mall.”

Logan ran his hands through his hair. “I guess I have no other choice when you put it that way.” He watched as Ororo shook her head no. “Alright I’ll take them.”

“Thank you. I’ll go tell them and meet you at the car.”

He watched as she walked out of the room. “Damn woman always seems to make me do everything I don’t want to.” He shook his head and walked out the door and went to the car to wait on everyone and head straight out to his own personal hell.





You must login () to review.