You Just Might Make Me Believe
Chapter 7: I Love this Bar

Logan was down stairs sitting in the living room watching the movie that Jubilee and Marie were watching. He didn’t have a single idea what the point of the movie was. All he knew there was some guy that had moved into a house only to find out that it was being haunted by a ghost and come to find out she wasn’t a ghost but was really some doctor in a coma. Marie was the first to speak up. “I bet you he will fall in love with her.”

“You know he will. It wouldn’t be a great movie if he didn’t. I just hope that they can convince her sister to not pull the plug.” They heard Logan huff in response. “What’s wrong Logan? You don’t like our choice in movies.”

"It’s a chick flick which means it will end the same as it always does. The girl will fall in love with the guy. The guy will fall in love with the girl. The only difference with this movie is that the girl is in a coma. I’ll even bet you that he wakes her up by kissing her.”

“If you don’t like the movie then why are you even watching it with us?”

“Because I’m waiting on…”

Jubilee interrupted what he was saying. “Wow, Storm you look hot as hell.”

Logan turned and his mouth dropped. Ororo was standing there wearing a tight pair of hip hugging blue jeans and a tight black tank top that showed off just enough mid-drift to be tempting. “Thank you Jubilee but I thought we have already discussed that around here I’m Ms. Monroe not Storm and please watch your language.”

“Sorry but you do look hot. Where are you going dressed like that? Got a hot date?”

“Actually I do.”

“So who is the hot stud?”

Logan spoke up. “I am. You want to make something of it kid?”

“You’ve got to be kidding.”

“Actually Kitty, Logan is right. I am going out with him tonight. So the three of you young ladies are in charge of the younger students. I have already talked with them and they have been warned that if I hear that they have given you any trouble, then they will have me to deal with when I get home.” She turned around right as the girls were high fiving each other and looked at Logan. “I’m ready when ever you are.”

“Well, let’s hit the road darlin. Hope you don’t mind but were taken the bike.”

“Figured as much. Let’s go.” Ororo and Logan both put on their leather jackets and walked out the door, leaving a stunned group of girls behind them.

“Who would have thought it, Miss Monroe and Mr. Logan?”

Jubilee was the first to speak up. “We don’t know that they are going out on a real date or just socially. They are co-workers.”

“Stop getting all upset Jubilee. We know you have a huge crush on Logan but we know and you know he just thinks of you as a kid. The same as me and Kitty. I personally think him and Storm would make a cute couple.”

“She is just so different from him.”

“You know what they say, opposites attract.”




Logan and Ororo drove all through the City. Ororo had no idea where they were going. Logan was taking her down roads that she had never seen. Right before they drove clean across the city, Logan pulled into a side of the road bar. Ororo got off the bike and pulled off the helmet that Logan had given so she could get a better look around. The first thing that she noticed was the name Harry’s Bar was on the front lit up in bright red lights. Logan noticed that Ororo was a little apprehensive to go in. He took her hand and gave her a reassuring smile. “Darlin’ aint nobody in this place gonna bit ya.”

“I’m not worried about anyone biting me. Remember, I bit back.” To prove her point she sent a small electric shock through Logan.

“Shit. You got to remember boss lady I’m lined with metal and when you do that it hurts like hell.” He dropped her hand and put his in his pockets. “Come on.”

Logan and Ororo walked into the bar. They walked across the room with everyone shouting greetings to Logan. Each time someone would call out, Logan would wave and tell them hey, calling everyone by name. They walked up to the bar and the bartender walked up. “The usual Logan?”

“Yeah. What you want darlin’?”

“What kind of wine do you carry?”

“They don’t sell wine here Ro. Just give her what I’m haven’.”

“Two beers comen’ up.”

“You must come here often.”

“Yeah it’s my home away from home. Listen darlin’ you need to lighten up. Just have fun tonight.”

“Here you are Logan. Just signal when you want more.”

“You know I will.” Logan and Ororo sat back and watched the couples on the dance floor. Ororo felt herself beginning to relax. Despite what she had told Logan, she was nervous to come in here. Every where she went she knew exactly how to act. She had been able to study the culture, know what was expected of her. Here though she was completely out of her element. She felt as though everyone was staring at her. After all these years she felt like she should be used to people looking at her. It’s not every day that you see an African American woman with natural white hair and blue eyes. As she sat here drinking and laughing with Logan, she felt like she has been around these people for years. She noticed Logan finished up his sixth beer and was signaling for another. She was on her second and was beginning to feel the effects.

“How many can you drink before you start feeling drunk?”

“I never get drunk. My healing process stops it before it happens. For me drinking beer is like you drinking water.”

Harry walked up to them bring Logan his beer. “Wasn’t sure if you would like another miss.”

“No I’ve had my limit. Could you just bring me some water?”

“Yes maam. Also Logan I thought I would warn you, Lisa is here.”

“Shit. Thanks for the warning.”

Harry walked away to get Ororo’s water. “So who is Lisa?”

“This girl I was nice to one night. I came and was drinking and watching people dance like I do every night. Any way, I saw her dancing on the floor with some of her friends when I saw some guy approach her. He kept on harassing her to dance with him and I got tired of it. I went up told the guy that she said no and things got physical between the two of us so I had to kick the guy’s ass. That night Lisa developed a little crush on me and I can’t get the girl to leave me alone. Even told her that I have been daten’ a girl for bout three months now but she won’t lay off.”

“Do you see her any where around?”

“Yeah she’s the blonde over there.”

She looks over in the direction he is pointing. “She’s pretty. Why don’t you give her a chance?”

“Cause I aint interested.”

“Well maybe she won’t see you. The place is busy. If you wouldn’t mind point me in the direction of the lady’s room.” She took off in the direction he pointed. She finally found it, waited in line for what felt like hours and after ten minutes she headed back to where she had left Logan. She found however he was not alone. Lisa has found Logan and was trying to pull him out onto the dance floor. She noticed that Logan had a look on his face like he was begging anyone to help him. She felt as though she owed it to him to find a way to help. After all, he did bring her here tonight to help her out. She could think of only one way to help him. She marched herself through the crowed right up to where Logan and Lisa was. “Logan, baby here you are.” When Logan turned around, Ororo grabbed his shirt and pulled him in for a long kiss. She felt the tension and shock release out of his body and after a little bit of “real” kissing she released him. The look on his face was pore shock. “Honey why didn’t you wait on me at the bar.”

“Ro…”

Lisa interrupted Logan. “Who is this woman?”

“Oh I’m sorry let me introduce myself.” She stretched out her hand to Lisa. “I’m Ororo Monroe. Logan’s girlfriend and you are?”

“Lisa. How long have y’all been going out?”

“Two months.”

“I haven’t seen you here, especially with him.”

“Well I have been really busy with work.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, how did the two of you meet?”

“We actually meet at work. We teach together.”

“You’re a teacher Logan.”

He still was stunned by the kiss that Ororo had laid on him. “Yeah, I’m head of the athletic department and teach gym.”

“And I’m head of the English and History department. This was the first night I could get away without having to grade papers so I told Logan I would love to see his home away from home.” She turned back around and wrapped her arms around Logan’s neck and looked up at him seductively. “And now that I have, I would like to show you my appreciation at home, alone, in our bed. What do you say we get out of here?” She leaned in and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

He was extremely shocked Ororo’s behavior and all he could get out was “Alright.”

Ororo turned and smiled at Lisa. “It was really nice meeting you.”

With that Logan and Ororo walked out of the bar together arm and arm. When they made it to his bike Logan was the first to speak. “Not that I’m complaining darlin’ but what the hell went on in there?”

“Seeing is believing. When I came out of the bathroom I noticed that Lisa had you cornered and you had this please help me look on your face, so I figured that I would help you out. What better way to get a girl to leave you alone, then to show her you are already taken.”

Logan smiled at her. “You know you got yourself in some trouble. Now your gonna have to come to Harry’s more often and pretend to be my girl.”

“That’s alright with me. I like it here.” She put on her helmet. “Let’s head on home. I’m ready to get in bed.” Logan climbed on the bike and Ororo wrapped her arms around him. He wasn’t sure what they had gotten themselves into but he was sure this was one game of pretend he was going to enjoy.





You must login () to review.