Chapter 1: Help me

Logan was outside trying to relax. It has been a year since the professor died and he killed Jean. Things around the mansion seemed to be returning to normal. Storm jumped right into the head mistress job. She offered him the job of Director of Physical Development. This meant to the school board, he was a PE teacher but to the X-Men he was in charge of teaching them hand to hand. She also asked him to take the position of second in command, which he took. He still didn’t understand why she offered it to him. He was sure of anyone she would have asked it would have been Hank. He knew Hank would do it because he did anything else Ororo asked. Hell, he even moved his governmental office to New York because she had asked him to come on as the ethics professor and the residential doctor. Logan knew the reason he did all of this; the fur ball had a crush on the boss lady. He really felt sorry for Hank because he knew Storm didn’t return his feelings. She only saw Hank as a real good friend. Logan was real happy though that Hank was here for her. She needed someone she could open up to because she hadn’t opened up to anyone since the night she talked to him at the grave. He didn’t understand why she felt the need to leave everything inside. He did however feel a little better knowing she let everything out at night. He knew this happened because he could hear the rain and smell the tears. Logan was pulled out of his thoughts by the sound of distant thunder. He looked up at the sky and saw it turn from sky blue to dark gray.




Ororo was sitting in her office, staring at the mound of paper work in front of her. She couldn’t believe it had been a year since Charles had died and she had taken over the headmistress’s job. She wanted to do everything she could to keep everything in order and make Charles proud. She couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed sometimes. She had actually caught up during the students’ Christmas break but just four months since classes had started back, her desk was already covered with papers. She still had papers to grade which were over a week old, bills to sort out between what needed to be paid and what had been paid. She also had to get together the information the department of education needed; teacher/ student ratio, teacher pay, and teachers work load, all of which was due to them in five days. She had to do the weekly budget, cut the teachers’ checks, and see what she needs to buy at the grocery store. Not only that but she still had to work on a speech for the Human/ Mutant Affair Conference she had to attend in three weeks. She looked up at the hand painted portrait of Charles she hung up in the office. Having it there made her feel like she could feel him all around her and this feeling put her at ease. Today though it was a different story; today she felt like a failure. She felt like she was failing the school, the X-Men, and more importantly Charles’ memory.

“How did you keep all these things together without going out of your mind?”

She heard the door click open and looked up to see Logan standing there “You know talking to yourself is one of the first signs of going crazy boss lady.”

“Logan I really don’t have time to deal with your wisecracks. Why are you here?”

“I came by to check on you. Thought you might be a little upset. Didn’t know you would be so bitchey.”

“I’m sorry Logan. How did you know I was so upset?”

“Well I was outside getting some exercise, when the beautiful blue sky suddenly began to look like it was going to pour. I knew of only one thing that could change the sky like that and that was you. What’s going on Storm?”

“I’m exhausted. I have been staying up several hours doing work and it feels like the pile gets higher and higher. I feel like I’m slowly losing my mind.”

“And how is talking to a picture supposed to help?”

“It doesn’t. I wish I knew how Charles did it. He seemed like he had everything in order and never had a problem.”

“Have you ever though he asked for it when he needed it.”

“He did but…”

“No buts Storm. You need help so ask for it. Anyone in this mansion would be willing to help if you just ask.”

“Who am I going to assign which job?”

“Well you have a lot of filing to do right?”

“Yeah.”

“Give that to one of the girls. Rouge could grade some of your work since she has taken all of your classes. Speaking of classes, how many are you teaching?”

“Eight.”

“That is too many. Give a couple of them to someone else.”

“I’m trying to hire another teacher. It’s not easy to get someone to work at a school full of mutants. Until I get someone there is no one else to teach them.”

“Ok I’ll let you get away with that but there is still no excuse for not asking for any help. If you need some ask for some.”

He turned to walk out of the office when Ororo spoke up. “How are you at money?”

“How am I at what?”

“Money, you know making budgets and all. I need to make sure everything is paid and how much money I have left over so I can make sure I have enough money to buy everything needed at the store. I know how to do it and have everything together to do it but I just don’t have the time. So what do you say Wolverine, will you help me out?”

“I had to go and open my big mouth. Yeah I’ll do it but you have to do something for me.”

“I was planning on paying you extra.”

“Money would be nice but that wasn’t what I was thinking.”

Storm got this confused look on her face. “Well, what do you want?”

Wolverine smiled at Storm “Go out with me.”

“What?”

“You heard me. Go out with me.”

“Logan, I don’t know if we should go out on a date.”

“Who said anything about a date? I just want you to hang out with me. You’re too stressed out boss lady. I just thought if we went out, had a few drinks and had a good time, you might be able to relax.”

“I don’t know…”

“Storm you need to get out of the mansion and have a night out on the town. Come on; just come out with me on night.”

“Ok, I will but tonight you and I are going to work on everything.”

“Deal. I’ll see you tonight boss lady so you can show me what to do.” He walked toward the door but stopped before exiting. “We can also set up our date for Friday.”

When he walked out the door, Ororo dropped back down to her chair in utter amazement and shock. “What have I got myself into?”





You must login () to review.