Adrienne waited until Ororo fell softly back asleep then got up and strapped on her guns. She gently walked over and picked up Marie's bag. As she began going through each object the memories flooded back into her system, she recognized each item.

Her fingers deftly sought out the hidden prize. Xerxes had left these for her to help her remember. Each item contained a small electronic device. Adrienne quickly activated the hidden qualities in each, though neither seemed to really activate as she remembered. Her hands reentered the sequences on the buttons and she waited.

The shadow waited and watched, if she remembered the sequence correctly she would be his. His finally after all these years... His, As long as the other didn't interfere. He kept an eye on the man they now called Proudstar.

Jonathan's ears picked up the sound of a series of small chirps and gently frusterated sighs. HE stirred gently in his sleeping bag and rolled over to see Adrienne a small distance away going through Marie's bag, she pulled out several of the objects and when his eyes fell on it he heard his spirit stir. His instincts began to go into overdrive.

Did she have any clue as to what she was doing?

The shadow waited two more in the correct sequence and she would be his. His forever. he tensed as he saw the man they called Proudstar roll over in his sleeping bag.

Jonathan immediately stood pulling on his shirt as quickly as possible as he heard the tumblers in the device click.

“Adrienne wait!”

As he approached the shadow launched himself out of the rafters only to find Ororo and Logan awake and meeting him halfway.

Jonathan quickly joined Adrienne meaning to take the devices away when a flash of white light appeared and the four of them disappeared.

The shadow roared in anger and frusteration, waking up the remaining four team members. Gabriel and Roberto instantly released their powers as Marie and Kitty awoke trying to figure out what was going on. The shadow jumped from rafter to rafter and disappeared into the wall, his roar the only thing being left behind. Gabriel and Roberto and the two girls looked at one another.

Roberto spoke first.

“Where did they go?”

Marie shivered, the tomb seemed cold. Gabriel came up behind her and put his arms around her.

“It’s still early yet, let’s get back to sleep and we will figure this out in the morning.”

Jonathan instinctively tried to grab Adrienne as they were first blinded and then plummeted through a tube that felt much faster than 5 g force. He felt himself grow drowsy but used his power to avoid it.

Another flash of light appeared and they stood amongst a strange crowd of people that yelped in surprise and drew weapons. Adrienne allowed her eyes to clear and her guns were in her hands before she could think.

“Captain they have guns. Red alert.”

Adrienne’s ears picked up the sound of what she assumed was guns begin removed from their holsters and rolled as a strange beam of light seemed to chase her. Ororo, Logan and Proudstar seemed to be having the same issues. Adrienne immediately rolled behind a strange metal pillar and put an air shield around everyone. The beams of light seemed to bounce off and hit the ceiling and other areas of the area surrounding them. One hit a man dressed in yellow and black. A women dressed in a red and black uniform stepped out from behind the console Adrienne assumed it was the captain.

“Cease fire. Stand down your weapons. “

Adrienne looked around at everyone. Ororo was unharmed her eyes whited over and lightening crackling in her fingertips, Logan’s claws were withdrawn and he gave Adrienne an irritated look. Jonathan held a flaming sword and was crouched ready to pounce. He looked at Adrienne and nodded a thank you. The women walked toward them Adrienne raising her guard and pushing her back. With a short burst of wind.

The women nodded raising her hands and recognizing the power in the four beings standing before her.

“My name is Captain Katherine Janeway of the federation starship Voyager. We mean you no harm, but it is no everyday someone appears on our bridge.”





You must login () to review.