“My name is Captain Katherine Janeway of the federation starship Voyager. We mean you no harm, but it is no everyday someone appears on our bridge.”

Adrienne raised an eyebrow.

“Where are we?”

Janeway raised her eyebrows at this.

“You are on the bridge of the starship USS Voyager in the year 2372.”

Ororo raised an eyebrow in alarm and looked at Adrienne.

“Adrienne we are three hundred and seventy two years in the future.”

“Captain, it seems we are very far into the future. Did you bring us here?”

Janeway shook her head.

“Unfortunatly I do not have that kind of technology. Please lower your force field, we have no intention of harming you.”

Adrienne closed her eyes as her teeth shortened and her eyes returned to their normal green and allowed the force field to be lowered. Logan sheathed his claws, Proudstar put the flame out on his sword and sheathed it and Ororo allowed her eyes to return to their normal coloring. Adrienne stepped forward.

“My name is Adrienne Munroe, this is my sister Ororo, James
Jonathan Proudstar and Logan Howlett.”

“It is nice to meet you. This is my first officer Chakotay, my science officer Tuvok, and my helmsman Tom Paris.” She tapped her bagde. “Dr someone is in need of your services come to the bridge.”

The doctor shimmered in front of them.

“State the nature of the medical emergency.”

He glanced at Logan’s leg.

“You seem to have a bit of phaser burn on your leg.” Logan grunted .

“Thanks for the thought doll and shimmery man, but ah’m fine.”

The Dr looked at his leg and before his eyes the skin began to knit itself back together . The dr scanned and his eyes widened. Katherine licked her lips.

“If you don’t mind us asking, what planet are you from?”

Jonathan raised an eyebrow.

“Planet? We are from Earth. I am fully navahoe Indian. We are human.”

Adrienne broke the akward silence.

“We are mutants captain.”

“Mutants?”

The dr broke in at this point.

“They are mutants captain, their cellular composition has changed to allow them to have special powers kind of like your superman.
Mr . Howeltt seems to have a very impressive healing factor as well as he seems to have a bone desity that is incredible. Logan growled.

“Those bones are covered in adamantium bub.”

“Right Mr Howlett. I would also guess you are very old, and cannot die. When was this process done?”

“I don’t know bub I cant remember. Now get your swirly electronic krap away from me.”

The doctor turned to the captain.

“Captain I request permission to examine these men and women they are fascinating.”

Adrienne growled, Logan’s claws extended, lighting once more crackled at Ororo’s fingertips and Jonathan’s hands flitted to his sword. Katherine noticing their reaction shook her head.

“They are not experiments docter. They are our guests. They may choose to be examined, but I will not force them.”

All four mutants backed down. The docter nodded his approval.

Then turning to the mutants he smiled.

“The captain is right. I sincerely apologize it’s just I’ve never seen anything so fascinating. I’ve never run across mutations in genetics of this kind.”

Ororo smiled.

“we are a curse doctor and have spent the better part of our lives being hated by humans.”

Katherine shook her head.

“Well since you will be staying with us for a time, may I escort you to your quarters?”

Adrienne nodded and turned around for the first time. Her eyes flicked over the view screen.

“Nice picture.”

Chakotay looked at the captain trying to hide his smile.

“That’s called the view screen, that’s not a picture, it’s in real time. We are in the delta quadrant.”

“The delta quadrant?”

“An area of space about seventy five years from Earth.”

“Wait what?”

Chakotay sat down and brought up a map of their charted course back to the alpha quadrant. Adrienne reached out gently to touch it while murmering.

“Seventy five years from earth.”

Katherine stood.

“Come I will explain on the way. Do you mind sharing quarters? The men together and the women together?”


“No Captain that will suit us just fine.”

Katherine escorted their guests to the turbo lift.

“ Deck 15.”

The turbo lift immediately accelerated and the four were shown to
two sets of quarters.

“These quarters are hopefully going to be comfortable for the four of you.”

Adrienne stepped into expansive quarters.

“Captain I am a wealthy women on Earth and these will be more than suitable.”

“Good, this is called a replicator, it will replicate anything you either program into it or what we already have in the system. Please feel free to use it as you need it. We also have a large computer database you are welcome to access. You access it by using this device. You are also welcome to use the PADD.”

Adrienne nodded.

“Thank you Captain.”

“Gentelmen you’re quarters are next door.”

The doors hissed open and Seven of Nine stepped into the room.

“Captain, you asked for assistance?”

“Yes Seven please escort our guests on a tour of the ship.”


“Aye captain.” Turning to the four mutants Seven nodded to them.

“My name is Seven of Nine, I am a crew member of the USS Voayager, what are your designations?”

Logan stepped up first.

“My name is James Howlett please call me Logan, this buff man is James Jonathan Proudstar, this lovely lady with the white hair is Ororo Munroe and this one is Adrienne Munroe. We are mutants from the planet Earth past.”

“Mutants? I am unfarmiliar with that term.”

Adrienne answered.

“We have massive genetic mutation that allows us to manipulate certain things. Logan has a healing factor, Jonathan has superhuman qualities, Ororo can manipulate the weather, and I can manipulate any organic matter down to a cellular level. I can rearrange molecules etc.”

Seven raised an eyebrow.

“An interesting set of qualitites to have, I am borg. A alien species that assimilate other species and make them apart of a colletive group. Or at least I used to be borg.”
Adrienne chuckled.

“we’ll get along just fine, just don’t assimilate me.”

“You would add an interesting set of qualities to the collective no doubt, but I will not assimilate you.”

“Oh Good Assimilation sounds painful.”

Seven of Nine gave them a tour of the ship explaining it’s systems and how they worked. She was surprised to find that the ragtag group of mutants actually caught on very quickly. When they reached the holodeck, the mutants asked to remain and do some training. Seven nodded.

“I will join you. Set your parameters.”

Adrienne winced.

“Seven we can actually harm you with our powers.”

“I realize that Adrienne, but I think you will find me an adequate opponent.”

Adrienne nodded.

“ so be it.”

Seven nodded.

“Set your parameters.”

“start with hand to hand combat, no powers when fighting with Seven.”

Logan took over giving direction.

“Two sets, Roro you’re against me. Adrienne against Warpath, Seven you will rotate and fight the winner of the match with Ororo, then the winner of the match with Adrienne and Warpath.” Logan piped in. “Proudstar you and Adrienne are first. To win you need two mock kills, one with powers one without. Or you are down for more than a minute.”

Jonathan and Adrienne prepared to spar, and then began circling each other , Jonathan initiated the first punch towards Adrienne’s torso, Adrienne easily deflected catching his fist and twisting it behind her so that her back faced his torso. He attempted to catch her around the throat with his other arm only to find she was faster than he estimated she caught it and tripped him then landed on top of him holding both his hands behind his back. Logan began counting as proudstar attempted to get out of the hold she had him in. She pushed his wrist forward farther with each squirm. He knew she would break it if necessary. The countdown finished and Adrienne rolled off him.

“You underestimated her Proudstar.” Logan said as he leaned against the arena with a grin.

Proudstar nodded.

“Indeed.”

Adrienne wore a saucy grin on her face and reverted her attention to Seven.

“Seven are we allowed to use weapons?”

“I can program them in.”

Adrienne’s grin grew wider.

After several hours of sparring all four mutants and Seven of Nine were covered in sweat. Logan won the match between Him and
Ororo, Adrienne won against Proudstar and Seven of Nine had won against Logan. They then switched partners with Adrienne starting against Seven, Seven beating Proudstar, Ororo beating her and sweat dripping against the matted floor of the arena. A few crew members had wandered in to find the mutants hand to hand ability as well as their powers amazing. Seven smiled and shook the hands of the mutants.

“Those were formidable matches, I would be pleased if I could call you friends.”

Ororo grinned.

“You’ve won that right by sweat and blood.”

The next morning Seven of Nine walked into the Captain’s ready room. Katherine looked up from her coffee at the expected look of her crewmember.

“Heard you had quite a match in the holodeck with the mutants.”

“Yes Captain they are very formidable opponents, they taught me some useful tactical techniques. I am not here to discuss my defeat. Captain these men and women had expressed talents I think would be useful to our journey home. I believe they could help us in that quest.”

Janeway leaned back in her chair.

“Seven we barely know them. How do we know they are not playing with us and are from an alien race designated to destroy us?”

“Captain that is highly illogical, and unprobable, they barely know of alien races. I believe it is only because of their own differences from humanity that they are able to accept them as they see them. They learn at an accelerated rate Captain I have ever seen humans who can learn so quicky. It is like they assimilate information much as I do. I believe they can help captain.”

Janeway paused for a moment to consider Seven’s proposal. Truthfully Voyager could use all the help she could get at the moment.

“Allright but they are to be under direct supervision of you Blanna , me,or Chakotay at all times. Understood?

“Understood Captain and thank you.”

Weeks passed as the four enjoyed Voyager and it’s luxuries. They learned their different interests in the running of the ship quickly. Ororo worked in Astrometrics with Seven, Logan worked with Tom or Chakotay at learning how to fly and repair the flyer. Proudstar helped in engineering and Adrienne worked in medical and also in engineering, particularly with the warp core. They found the crew of Voyager to be a bit stand offish at first and then they became very friendly. Often in the mess hall the crew members enjoyed the stories of the mutants Earth and of each other. Many questions were asked particularly by Naomi Wildman about their mutant powers and some even of the struggles. Tom Paris found himself baffled when Proudstar and Logan whipped his butt at pool in the holodeck and Blanna found herself amazed at how quickly the mutants learned their systems and offered as much help as possible.

Later one evening Katherine walked into the mess hall to see the four of them eating ameal together. She had been meaning to speak with them and thank them for their hard work.

“May I sit here?”

Proudstar nodded.

“Please captain.”

“I’ve been meaning to thank the four of you. You’ve become practically Starfleet trained in about three months. “

“Thank you captain.”

“You are still uneasy around humans.”

Adrienne snorted.

“Captain we come from a time that when someone finds out you’re a mutant you are hated. It’s not normal for us to be friends with non mutants they normally hate us. Forgive our uneasiness.”
Katherine nodded.

“Understandable.”

“so what do you normally do in your time?”

Logan laughed this time.

“Well we are tombraiders.”

“You’re what?”

Ororo explained.

“We basically are hired to gain desired objects. Usually in tombs that have been bobey trapped. Sometimes it’s poisonous gas, sometimes it’s arrows flying at you, sometimes it’s trap doors. Good stuff.”

Katherine chuckled.

“Sounds like my job.”

“Logan I understand you and Tuvok have been working on some hand to hand combat training.”

“Yeah dam vulcan’s been kicking my ass.” Logan grumbled.

Katherine laughed.

“He’s very good tactically.”

Logan nodded gruffly.

“Good tactically is beside the point captain. The only up I have on him is that I am unpredicatable in ways that don’t fit his logic. He is slowly catching onto that though to.”

Katherine smiled then suddenly her face dropped turning into a serious frown. The four mutants exchanged glances.

“I need your help.”

Adrienne nodded.

“Go on Captain.”

“You four have been trapped on Voyager for quite a bit of time now. How would you feel about going on an away mission? We are going to be contacting an alien race. It’s called first contact. I know that most of you have been taught the Starfleet principles by Tuvok. I would like two of you to accompany Tuvok and Seven of Nine.”

Ororo raised an eyebrow.

“did you have two of us in mind captain?”

Katherine nodded.

“Yes you and Logan. As I understand it Blanna needs Jonathan and Adrienne in engineering. Apparently they have found a way to enhance our traveling speed.”

Jonathan and Adrienne grinned they had spent a few late nights working on that proposal. It would cut the journey of USS Voyager down to in it’s traveling time. Logan nodded.

“we’ll help you Captiain. I haven’t been much help on this trip, so the least I can do is be a body guard, it’s what I am best at.”

Katherine noticed his depressed demeanor.

“On the contrary Logan you’ve increased out security and trained all of my crew members in hand to hand combat, you’ve been invaluable in the security of this ship. Tuvok has actually asked if I could promote you.”

Logan chuckled.

“Thank you Captain Janeway, now if only I could get you to come to some of those sessions.”

Katherine smiled.

“Actually Logan Ororo and I have been working together and I bet the two of us could take you on just fine.”

Logan laughed.

“Add pretty boy Chakotay and you’d win for sure. I’m not sure I could resist such lovely ladies.”

Chakotay walked up at that moment.

“Pretty boy Logan? Want to take me on.”

Logan nodded.

“Actually I do native boy, let’s go.”





You must login () to review.