“Actually I do native boy, let’s go.”

Chakotay grinned he had been looking for the perfect opportunity to test the feral’s fighting ability.

“let’s make it a match Logan. The women fight then I fight Katherine first, you fight Ororo and if we can beat them we fight one another.”

Logan’s nostrils flared in approval.

“You got a deal Pansy, I’ve got some holodeck time tonight, think you can be ready by then.”

Chakotay nodded, Adrienne rolled her eyes Ororo stopped the argument.

“Wait what if Katherine and I win against one or both of you.”

Logan growled showing his teeth.

“Then the winner faces the loser, either way Pansy and I get to fight.”

Katherine smiled.

“Come on ororo we could take them.”

Adrienne nodded.

“Wait wait wait, I agree, but let’s make it more interesting. Chakotay you face me and if you can beat me then you fight Katherine. Logan you face Proudstar, if you win you fight Ororo.”

Logan nodded, fighting sounded fun.

“I agree.”

Proudstar leaned back in his chair.

“What does the winner get?”

Logan’ eyes flitted to Ororo.

“A kiss from the women of their choice and the women get whatever they want.”

Chakotay glanced at Katherine.

“I agree.”

Katherine laughed and looked at Ororo. Both women nodded.
“Done and done. See you in a few hours gentleman.”
Tom Paris sitting nearby grinned and typed a ship wide message announcing the fight. He also opened a betting channel so that the crew could make bets on the contestants.

A few hours later Holodeck two was packed with people surrounding the fighting ring and Chakotay and Adrienne were the first contestants, the rules holding that if any of the mutants used powers they would be disqualified. Chakotay waited in the ring, Adrienne being announced shortly after he entered. He knew she was a formidable fighter, he knew he was going to have a hard time fighting her. She had requested a weapon fight and he knew that was going to be harder for him. A rack stood to the side of the ring, the first round was hand to hand, then the winner chose their weapon first. Tuvok was the judge because he would be impartial and logical. Adrienne stepped into the ring and smiled as she took his hand.

“Good luck Chakotay.”

“and to you my lady.”

He kissed the back of her hand a smile in his eyes. Adrienne humored him and they separated. A few moments later the bell rang and they began their hand. Chakotay took a deep breath letting his body adjust and get into warrior mode. He watched his opponent, her body was lithe and beautiful and she knew what she was doing. He kicked near her shoulder, Adrienne ducked and backed off. She closed her eyes and listened. She could hear his heartbeat beating, see his blood flowing through his veins, she could feel his strength and waited for his next move. Chakotay seeing his advantage lunged forward and was surprised to find that she ducked underneath his leg spun around and landed an elbow to his back. Chakotay hissed at the pain, but not to be undone he shot his foot out attempting to trip her as she spun around wanting to gain her balance from the duck. Adrienne still evaded being very light on her feet. Chakotay waited until she stood again and aattacked again his fist coming out toward her face, Adrienne moved to block Chakotay disengaged and his meaty hand hit the hard rock muscles of her stomach, Adrienne was driven backwards and hit the ropes. Chakotay seeing his advantage waited until she bounced off the ropes and back towards him. He stuck out his elbow. Adrienne having regained her breath waited until she bounced back and seeing his elbow come up she ducked out of instinct and fell face down on the mat. Chakotay not at all surprised landed an elbow right in her kidneys. Adrienne hissed then spun around an kicked him twice in the face while rolling onto her feet. Chakotay surprised fell back. Adrienne surprisingly backed off and waited for him to get to his feet.

“Come on Chakotay did you think this would be easy?”

Chakotay shook his head.

“No I expected it to be hard.”

CHakotay stepped forward and in two quck moves had Adrienne pinned to the mat. Adrienne powerfully struggled under his weight and almost got up several times. The match was called and Chakotay won. Adrienne shook her head in anger.

“Damm.”

Chakotay laughed.

“Never underestimate your opponent. Good match.”

Adrienne nodded and shook his extended hand.

“And to you.”

Chakotay walked to the side. Logan’s turn was next He was fighting Jonathan Proudstar, it was a powers match. Chakotay still found himself amazed at how powerful these people are. They were the perfect mercenaries except they weren’t for hire. Chakotay found himself thankful for that. Logan had an impressive style that Chakotay could only half put his finger on. He was an incredibly lithe person. It was like he could fly. Logan barely won the match after 20 minutes of fighting. Next Chakotay knew he was going to face Katherine. They circled each other in the ring waiting watching. Chakotay engaged first catching her completely aware as his fist repelled through the air towards her face. Katherine moved her head out of the way at the last possible moment grabbed his fist and using his forward motion flipped him over landing him on his back. Instead of descending on him and holding him there she waited until he got up. As he stood her foot came around in a jump kick and he felt both of them hit the side of his face,splitting his lip open. Blood filled his taste buds and he felt anger rise within him, she was holding back and he could feel that. Instead of watching and thinking he charged in, his muscles flexed as he jumped high and brought his foot down. Katherine’s leg met his, throwing him completely off balance and knocking him to the ground once more. Once more Katherine held back and waited. Instead of getting up chakotay waited until she was near him and then in two moves tripped her. Her breath leaving her body quickly as he body hit the floor. Chakotay rolled over and pinned her to the floor, his entire body covering hers. Katherine felt like she should stop breathing, he was ontop of her his face skant inches from hers, she could see the determination in his eyes and then they softened. Chakotay felt like it was an eternity before Katherine squirmed and flipped him off of her. He was thankful she had done it sooner rather than later. Katherine landed a kick to the side of his head and Chakotay focused himself. He backed off and waited, she kicked near his mid section, he caught her foot and spun himself into her body, gaining the advantage. Katherine expecting a elbow to the side of the face, balancing on one foot, thrust her body forward to gain momentum and brought her other foot up to kick Chakotay hard in the kidneys. Chakotay growled and released her second leg by lifting it up falling back onto her body and effectively pinning her. Katherine groaned, he was a bit heavier than he looked. She brought her legs up around his waist and squeezing his chest she rolled and pinned him flat face down on the floor with his hands behind his head. The crowd cheered and the match was called. Katherine released him and he stood.

“Good match Captain.”

“And to you Chakotay.”





You must login () to review.