The day Ororo dies she will be 106 years, 3 months and 11 days old. On her 106th year, 3rd month and 10th day, three people stay, waiting with her. Her 4 children, 12 grandchildren, 13 great grandchildren and 3 great, great grand children have already left for the evening, with promises to be back early the next day.
Forge sits by the door; designing new machinary, occasionally speaking aloud. Marie and Remy's granddaughter, Cattibree LeBleu; who’d travelled for a few months with Logan, plays solitary card games, glancing; every few minutes at the systems monitoring Ororo’s vital signs, quietly singing or humming bits and pieces of songs.

Samual Gunther the external Cannonball, with his coat, shirt and shoes off, lets Ororo use his shoulder as a pillow. He strokes her white hair and whispers stories into her ear. Stories about Adventures, XMen, and so much more; most of which is about Ororo. And before every new story he tells Ororo that she’s still beautiful, still as fiery as ever and still able to save worlds. He tells her that she’s had fantastic life.

And Ororo did have a fantastic life. A Queen; of Wakanda, she’d even won a Nobel Prize. A traveller/explorer/student, eight years working for the Xaviar Institute and as an XMAN, two years on the Fantastic Four. She’d even been a Professor, of hundreds of university students, showing young minds that this was the 21st century, when everything was going to change. Ororo had been a mother and a wife; to T'Challa and their 4 children (Logan James, the twins Jean Erin and Marie N'Dare, and T'Chaka).They’d all had been devastated when he’d died in a car accident when T'Chaka was 6, Logan James was 4, the girls 2 ½. She’d had friends and family and she’d said her goodbyes and I love you’s. Afterwards, they’d waited.

It will be near midnight when Forge admits, a not so tall, stout man with a dark shade of black hair. He will ignore everyone but Ororo. Sitting on the bed next to her, he’ll whisper his own stories. He’ll tell her about his adventures through the years. Of getting in trouble, running for his life and getting out of trouble thanks to her, his wife. He’ll point out the girl trying to stay unnoticed by the door; Their great great-granddaughter, Janice, their little Rancor; the dark roots of her blonde hair needing a touch up, almost too much mascara and wearing the essentials of any adventurer; jeans, trainers and long coat.

Ororo’s funeral will be attended by no less than 7 alien ambassadors, 5 heads of state, 11 former heads of state and 4 versions of Doom.

And more than three thousand years later, a young boy living on the planet Wakanda will learn about his ancestress, who’d helped lead the way for mutants and humanity, the remarkable Queen Ororo Monroe Wakan Howlett as told by an old man named Logan.




The End.





You must login () to review.