A figure opens the door to the room that the mutant Chance Howlett inhabits presently looking around. The black ominious figure spots a journal laying on a table and begins to read the only entry.

“Who am I? At one time, I could have told you, now I can’t. I am misplaced in time and it appears that I am misplaced in dimensions as well. In my time, my world my father was Logan the Wiendigo, my mother was Ororo Monroe formerly Storm of the X-Men and Starjammers later the star-spanning Phoenix-Storm.”

“Here in this world they still are with the X-Men, while Alex Summers and Lorna Dane joined the Star-Jammers. Worse still Logan and Ororo are moving along two different lines in their lives. They hardly speak to each other due to one being an outlaw Avenger and leader of X-Force while the other is Queen of Wakanda. I’m not here though to create the circumstances to which my sister and I can be born. I’m here to stop something else, something that in my time-line and dimension was never caught until it was too late. Here now some know and wish to stop it, partly due to the fact that Logan was impersonated by one of those things while he was manipulated to be come the horseman Death.”

“On this world there is a group of humans who were injected with the Skrull genome. They were test subjects of the Skrull but escaped. They now hunt and kill those that are on Earth. Somehow, they are able to sense Skrulls and they use that to their advantage. Unfortunately, they vanished from the radar several months ago without a trace. The theory in my time-line is that Skrulls can sense each other no matter what form they happen to be in. That also includes half-blooded Skrulls. Which leads me to the kid called Hulkling, a Kree-Skrull half-breed and a so-called young Avenger. Who in this world hasn’t been an Avenger?”

“The Skrulls invaded Earth thanks to Remy Lebeau and with his help killed the X-Men, impersonating them using the same technology that bestowed their Patriot Super-Skrull with his powers. Lebeau secretly infiltrated the X-Men on behalf of Nathan Essex the man known as Sinister than betrayed his master in favor of the Skrulls. Once they were able to kill the other heroes and impersonated them declared a Civil War on the other heroes, manipulating the situation from behind the scenes. From there they took over both the Shi’ar and the Kree Empires. They killed my family and destroyed the Andromeda galaxy by imploding the super black hole with the help of the M’Cron crystal and the siphoned energies of my mother. I tried to absorb the energy released from the implosion but I couldn’t and the energies I did absorb mutated me to the state I am in now.”

“Who am I you ask? My name is Chance Logan Howlett and I am the only hope this world has. I just hope that I can find Remy Lebeau and find out if he is the same as in my world. That and I hope Nathanal Richards hasn’t been able to trace my departure from our dimension. If he has than this world will see a battle like no other, like I have nothing else to worry about.”

The figure closes the journal and smiles as the man’s skin changes and his ears elongate. His body shifts into it’s true form revealing a form of a Skrull…

“It is too late human. We are already here. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!”




A figure walks through the darkened evening woods of the Xavier Institute silently, majestically, and purposefully. Her cameral, Nubian skin mixing with the moving shadows as she continues with purpose. She is here to see an old friend and his protégé the enigmatic X-23, genetically she is his daughter as in soul. She knows they can sense her even though she has manipulates the wind ever so slightly to mask her scent and the noise she could make. She allows the wind to carry their words to her, almost like a listening device.

“Why do we hunt the deer Logan if we are not to kill it?”

Ororo smiles ever so slightly as she remembers the past with a similar situation and Logan’s words.

“Look Kid its not about killin the deer, its about gett’n close enough to touch it. Anyone can kill but it takes skill to sneak up without bein seen or sensed.”

Ororo remembers how she misjudged the man as an animal and she never apologized for that. With Logan you never had to.

“So is the wind goddess gonna stay aloft or is she goin to come ta earth with the rest of the lowly subjects.”

Ororo smiles as she reveals herself from the shadows.

“Child I am no goddess just a queen.” Ororo’s mood whimsical, her eyes showing splendid happiness.

“Not of me.” X-23 replies deviant as her father genetic father can be. If they had children, she would have wanted a daughter like X-23; strong-willed, intelligent, powerful, and magnificent like her father.

“Listen over kid, hit the showers.” Logan says as he removes his black and silver mask.

Playfully flirting, Ororo comments, “I like the new uniform Logan. You have always been one for fashion.”

“Yeah like I’m the one who needs to hit the showers.” X-23 comments as she disappears into the woods.





You must login () to review.