{He is just a man} Logan tells himself. {Given a cosmically enhanced, blow the Earth up, Hi Galactas whose your daddy kind of man but still a man.} The feral mutant named James Logan Howlett who the world calls WOLVERINE faces his son. A son from a possible future or another timeline who knew for sure. Logan stood only thirty feet away from Chance while the BLACK PANTHER's corpse lay between them. To Chance's left was the charred, unrecognizable body of the woman the world knew as STORM; hero to some, queen to others, terrorist to a few but to Logan she was 'Ro. The battlefield had its casualties with the bodies of Pym, Tigra, Bishop, Xavier, and many others that were family.

Wolverine lunges, pouncing the distance in nearly one fluid leap with his team of X-FORCE right behind him. ARCHANGEL, the former horseman of Apocalypse, lets loose his wing blades of sharpened death toward his target. WARPATH, the Navajo mutant warrior, wields his two Adamantine bowie knives screaming a war cry much like his ancestors. DOMINO, former mercenary for hire, fires blast after blast from her gauze weapon. The closest thing to a daughter to wolverine by genetics, X-23 leaps high, her foot claws extended. WOLFSBANE, the Scottish banshee she-wolf, roars with fangs bared and claws gleaming as she two leaps to her prey.
"Get a switch son!" Yells the beast unleashed named Wolverine, "'Cause someone is gonna get a whoop'n!"

(Flashback)**************************************

12 hours ago.........
The body of SUNFIRE burns hot with plasma normally but not even his mutant body can withstand the force of a blue/white star. His body disintegrates, becoming so much fine ash. His killer standing only a few feet away. His name is Chance, a mutant from another Earth, another time, another galaxy entirely. Where he is from he had an older sister named Kendal, a mother named Ororo, a father only called Logan and an extended family of outer space pirates and free-runners called the SPELLJAMMERS. He was a mutant who could absorb all forms of energy and whose very power pulsed upon the universe's blood flow. He was the holder of the POWER PRIMORDIAL, an energy that was the beginning and the end of an entire universe. The power primordial is the cosmic/nuclear/magical forces released as the largest explosion ever thought of happened, the big bang. It was the creator of life, the bringer of death, more power than the infinitesimal amount of suns seen or known. As he grew up his father taught him how to harness his mutant abilities along with his Uncle Chuck. It was hard for him due to the fact that if he ever let loose with an emotional response he could potential destroy not only planets but entire solar systems. His power was kept in check due to an implant that was surgically placed into his brain by advance alien technology that regulates his emotional control.

Chance walks over to the unconscious ROGUE and picks her up carefully then disappears with no energy flash or puff of smoke as other teleporters do. In reality his power was explained to him as control over sub-atomic particles and all the fundamental forces of the universe. How does a twelve year old wrap that around his head? Now though it didn't matter he had to stop the coming tide anyway he could. If he didn't this world and the universe would suffer what his home did.

"Wake up Marie." is the only thing the mutant Rogue can remember as she began to resister her conscious mind awakening. The second thing was the pain she felt as her head pounded. The third was that she was contained and unable to move.

"Ah hate when this happens." She states in her atypical southern drawl. "You'd think every villain has a fetish or something."

"I'm not a villain Marie just someone who is willing to have the ends justify the means." Chance answers. "Though I do admit I enjoy a woman whose bound as much as the next man."

"Typical." is the only thing Rogue says.

"I'm not going to tell you Marie why I'm doing this. The chances that you'd believe me are outrageously small even for one such as you. Instead I'll let you see the reasons yourself." With this said Chance touches Rogue's bare skin with his own.

CONTACT......

Rogue's powers are tactile based giving her access to other peoples thoughts and abilities. To do this it is theorized that she can access the mind through a form of tactile telepathic assault that happens so fast she isn't aware of it. It was also theorized that if a mind could be shielded from this effect that Rogue could not absorb those abilities or memories. It is known though however that more powerful beings that are so-called cosmically enhanced such as Norin Radd, known as the Silver Surfer, are not affected but Rogue's power. Another supporting fact to this theory is the enhanced psi-screens that Rogue possesses naturally to safe guard her own personality against the absorbed personas she steals. Though again significantly strong willed beings can overcome these psi-screens; case in point Ms. Marvel.

If someone could shield their mind they could touch Rogue and she could feel their embrace and love. This is the burden of Rogue, her curse that is her gift. All powerful beings have some type of drawback, this is hers. Chance though can screen his mind and allows only the memories to pass to Rogue, showing her an entire other universe where Logan and Storm left the X-Men when Xavier left with his lover Llandria to the stars. Where Logan become leader of the Spelljammers and husband to Ororo Monroe. A universe where Jean Grey did not gain the power of the Phoenix but Nightcrawler did. Where the force of all unborn life called the Phoenix bounded to Ororo Monroe to become the being known as PHOENIX-STORM. Logan and she were proud parents and intimate lovers. They had three children, Kendra; named after the place in Africa Ororo so loved, Chance; named due to the fact his parents took a chance on their love, and Laura; the little girl with daddy's claws and her mother's beauty. She sees the life of burden and of triumph, of failure and hope, of lost and found. That was until the dark shadow from Earth appeared and the race called the SKRULLS conquered all with enhanced powers. They conquered not through sheer force but through subtlety. The captured those beings of Earth that had the most sway and influence turning the tide so to speak.

The Skrulls once were three distinct races like that of man kind of Earth. They had Normal Skrulls, Skrull eternals and Skrull Deviants like that of Earth. Here the Normal strain of humanity become the most abundant and from them the spawn of mutants and non-mutants emerged. This was due to a few reasons. The Eternals did not quickly spawn because of their ability to live for long periods of time. The Deviants' own physical mutations were too unstable due to the already preternatural ability for the human code to mutate causing horrific and dysfunctional genetic abnormalities within them. Causing no offspring to be like the parents, never sharing a single genetic trait. On the Skrull home world though the Deviant branch had stability due to the reptilian genetic makeup and the ability not to mutate as did the human g-nome. Thus the Deviant branch had stable mutations creating the ability to shape shift and easily infiltrating the other branches of the Skrull race and wiping them out, thus becoming dominant.
With the successful Skrull invasion of Earth the reptilian shape-shifting race added the ability to gain human mutation under controlled conditions and thus were able to infiltrate the Shi'ar empire and it was not until it was too late that it was discovered. In three galaxies the Skrulls become dominate and with each successful domination a new g-nome was added to the Skrull race thinks mainly to the human g-nome sequence for mutation. Chance witnessed the deaths of his family and the SpellJammers, the galaxy cried out with him. The Skrull then conquered the Watchers and took with them the secrets of technology to rival any known. With this they created an energy wave that undid all of creation in a given area, reducing everything; matter, energy, dark matter, dark energy into null space. Nothing was there not even a single subatomic particle.

Chance fought the Skrull along with his mother and Father though in the end it was Ororo who tried to absorb the Null Wave and ended up increasing the power of the wave exponentially a million fold. The wave undid all of creation as it continued, eventually unmaking everything it came across. It continued to expand and Chance could not stop it, no one could not even the cosmic beings such as Lord Order and Master Chaos or Galactus. It began on Earth, his universe's Earth and it appears here it will start anew. The Skrull race could not only shape-shift, they can control their sub-atomic particles down to the point they could change their chemical and biological make-up. They are undetectable, save by one or two ways. Chance can see what is and what can't be. He sees fluxes and fixed points within the energy matrix of the universe. He sees the universal truth in everything and hears the first language of the universe. In the back of his mind he always hears the great song of all life and all that it embraces. He is more than the Phoenix Force which is an immortal and mutable manifestation of the prime universal force of life and passion. Born of the void between states of being, the Phoenix Force is a child of the universe. The Phoenix Force is described as being "the embodiment of the very passion of Creation – the spark that gave life to the Universe, the flame that will ultimately consume it." Chance is the child of said manifestation, given life and purpose by his father and mother; James Logan Howlett and Ororo Monroe-Howlett. He will not fail them again.
*********************************************************

"Are you saying Chance did this Logan?" Ororo asks, her fears becoming manifest.

"I have another scent but can't make it out." replies Logan as he continues to try to gather the information his heightened senses are telling him. The problem is that the sewers didn't help. Best way to foul up a tracker is to make it so his senses are in overdrive and he has to try and control them. The sensory overload is brutal.

"He must be stopped Ororo. He is not your son." Panther finally states, " He is another Ororo's child."

"You are right my love he is not my child." Ororo answers. Her emotions again becoming controlled.

{No he's not though he could have been.} Thinks Logan silently as he recalls other powerful mutants. In many alternate futures where children of great power were born, they all became mad. Jonathan Reed Richards was one of these children born from Franklin Richards and Rachael Summers. Franklin Richards being another. Even a few in the present such as Apocalypse himself, Proteus or Xavier's son Legion.

"Too many of us of died already and it must be stopped." The Black Panther adds as he continues to scan the area with his device. "We live in paranoid times, caused by our own doing at times such as the Civil War of superhuman community, the House of M crisis, the Secret Wars, and other such strife's. When people become paranoid the plans of the best intentioned people become lost and destroyed. If we continue to overload the system, said system will crash collapsing everything a race could hold dear. In the end it would be easy for a New World Order to appear and conquer the already conquerable."

"You're starting ta sound like a conspiracist Panther." Logan smirks, " Welcome ta the dark side we have cookies bub."

"Wolverine when did you develop a since of humor?" Panther asks.

"About the time when I lost who I was fer awhile." Logan states as he looks over to Ororo.

"We need the Avengers as well as the X-teams." Ororo says, "Chance is too powerful for anyone of us."





You must login () to review.