Author's Chapter Notes:
the next chapter in the story. I do not own them nor claim to.
"Who killed Jack Michaels?" She asked her capture. She could not clearly see anymore as her head swirled with images from Chance's past. Her name is Anne Marie but to the world she is simply ROGUE.
"Your lover and Sunfire. They are now horsemen of Apocalypse as Death and War, though you already knew this. " Answered the voice that seems so distant to her now.
"What did you do to me Chance?" Rogue asked as she tried to focus her thoughts.
"You looked into the mind of a child of creation itself and all though I placed shields around most of my mind so you could not absorb too much your mind was overloaded. As for your next question Anne Marie the reason I killed them was because Reflex was my friend and anyone who harms my friends or family will die." Chance responded as he stood over by a computer terminal. Rogue's mind began to clear as she began to recognize where she was. There they were in the medical wing of the lower levels of the X-Mansion with people almost frozen in place. She saw Hank looking over at a microscope, Elixir sat on a table near her.
"What did you do to them?"
"I did nothing to them Marie. I simply changed the frequency of our molecular structure to become out of synch with those around us by a variance of point zero one three."
"You can do that?"
"I couldn't until I tried to absorb the null wave. It altered me in ways I or anyone else could not fathom."
"What happened after you tried to absorb the wave? In the memory when Ororo tried she was destroyed."
"I was able to reconstruct myself by pure will power. Something my father had plenty of. I guess I inherited it."
"That wolf-man form you did in the danger room; What was it?"
"When I reintegrated that was the form I possessed until I learned to reform myself. I normally wear a prohibitor to help with the energy build up but it was damaged through the void."
"What is the void?"
"It was known to the Eternals as "'the Howling", and to others as "Hell" or the "Deep Darkness". The Void has no 'up' or 'down', but the universes within it are 'stacked' on top of each other. Even "time" in most senses, doesn't actually exist there. It is not limbo but an entirely different thing entirely. To travel through it as I did is more than dangerous than just opening a wormhole to another dimension. I punched a hole through the fabric like a plate glass window. The fabric may not hold together but I had to come here to try and do what I failed to do in my world, my galaxy, my universe. When I leave you here the frequency warp effect will fade and you will become in sync with normal spacial parameters. "

Eleven Hours later T'Challa and his wife Ororo Monroe both known to the world as BLACK PANTHER and STORM stand in the Wakanian embassy in New York within a room marked Security. Wakandan technology permeates through the embassy advanced beyond most on Earth itself. Panther stands in front of a massive super computer but it's not a something one would or could imagine. He stands in front of an interactive holo-image pushing the buttons and tapping the screens of the display. Wolverine stands in the back ground as he watches Ororo place her hand on her husband's shoulder and a low growl escapes from his throat.

"I'm goin in the other room ta set a battle plan with the others." Logan says as he walks out.

"He is in love with you Ororo." T'Challa responds as the man-animal known as Wolverine walks out and the sound proof door closes.

"No he is in love with the other, not I my love."

Meanwhile across the city nearing the Four Freedom's Plaza a hero flies through the wall and into the street. His name was the SENTRY but now he lays dead upon the pavement, dead before he hit the ground. His mind was destroyed atom by atom by a telepathic assault like no other. The one responsible for it stands upon the top of said building....Chance. The battle lasted five minutes with what was the Sentry dying from a massive hemorrhage caused by Chance. The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that created a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line. The serum induced a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyper state of consciousness. His powers are near limitless and Chance knows he has not killed this man, this being of near infinite power. It is theorized that after he ingested the serum his mind was able to reach out into the macroverse of the BEYONDERS and absorb the energy that infuses a Cosmic Cube. He has the psionic ability to manipulate all forms of matter on a subatomic level, and to manipulate all known forms of energy and to convert matter into energy or energy into matter. He can use his power to reconfigure all forms of matter into different substances and forms and can change matter to energy and back again. Though at this point in time has demonstrated the ability to recreate himself after bodily destruction, has superhumanly acute senses, has been shown to lift a Helicarrier; effortlessly defeat and break the Handle of the axe of Terrax, and supposedly fight Galactus to a standstill. He can emit light, which can be used for a pacifying effect, and possesses tremendous energy projection, capable of harming even the Hulk, who has withstood the equivalent of solar flares unharmed. Chance knew also that within the Sentry also lay the VOID. It has been claimed that for every benevolent act the Sentry performs, the Void corresponds with attempting an act of malevolence. The Void possesses the ability to shape-shift, and through its control over the weather and darkness it can create destructive storms and deadly "infini-tendrils" that attack the mind. Victims impaled on the tendrils experience traumatic visions of the past, present, and future. Its regular appearance varies between a shadowy, trench coat-wearing villain to a massive hurricane of darkness. It can also assume powers dependent on shape, like a flame form that breathes fire, alternately an armored monster with super strength and toughness. It is at its strongest during the night and in the Negative Zone.
Before the VOID can awaken though Chance had cut off the power that feeds the Sentry like cutting the cord of a new born away from his or her mother. Chance can see the universe and all of its power via lines and strains of force, light, and energy. It is how he plans on finding and destroying the SKRULLS but until now he could not access this ability. While traveling through the nothingness of the layers between the Multiverses Chance was weakened to nearly everything he had. If it was not for his will he would have perished. It was not until he fought the Sentry was Chance able to access this ability. With it he sealed the energy granting the Sentry his abilities and killed him. In his Universe the Void was part of the weapon that created the null wave after the SKRULL entered and conquered the Negative Zone.
*****************
Within deep space at the edge of the Negative Zone orbits an asteroid size ship of Skrull design around a brown dwarf. This station is a prison colony called Dragus Epsul and it is here that a strange thing has happened. In this facility are a cast of Earthlings, and many others known throughout the galaxy. Most people here were ordinary with great influence and others possessed super human powers. It is here that a Nubian Princess stands chained to the wall with a power inhibitor around her neck. She was taken here only months ago from her Earth, her beloved mother Earth. She was replaced with a Skrull agent after she saw the world turn white as she heard "No More Mutants". She could not remember much more after that but she did know in her heart she would be found by at least one man who would never give up looking for her. His name is Logan the WOLVERINE.


Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it was short but it will get longer soon. promise



You must login () to review.