“TWO GO IN ONE COMES OUT”

Time in Prison is a lot of things

“TWO GO IN ONE COMES OUT”

Some say it’s the closest thing to Hell that any person can experience, and a lot of people would agree with that statement

“TWO GO IN ONE COMES OUT”

But of all the things that any convict will tell you they all agree on the worst.

“TWO GO IN ONE COMES OUT”

Time. Prison time is Slow Time. Time can become a maddening wall the crushes the very spirit and will out of the hardest person. A man will do just about anything to make the time pass by.

“TWO GO IN ONE COMES OUT”

Some will better themselves; others will just slip that much further into degradation. A hobby does it for some, whether its reading, collecting, matchstick houses, or any other of a dozen of the little things that you don’t even think about out in the world

“TWO GO IN ONE COMES OUT”

Some make it and some don’t.

Life and Time, two things that many feel are one in the same, but what happens when the life is taken away and all your left with is time.

For a man who has lived for over a century, with the possibility of more to come, Logan has found his hobby.

“TWO GO IN ONE COMES OUT”

The crowd cheers echoed in the small confines of the ready room. The Officers at the door kept close eye on the convict who sat on the small stool in front of him. Watching as his fists were laced over with tape, and the bright light reflecting off the sweat that had started beading on his back.

They were mutants too, the officers, specially picked to keep guard over this certain convict. Their powers were magnetic in nature, a perfect counter to the metal that was laced throughout the con’s body.

One of them, Dane was his name, even remembered hearing a story years ago about this particular con and another magnetic empowered mutant having a mix-up. To the best of his memory, he remembered it did not end well for either of them.

Still for all the power he and the other Officer wielded, they were sweating bullets even in the cold room. They were scared, their eyes, body language, everything screamed it

Logan smelled it as well. That musky sour scent and the hammering of their hearts in their chest, the loud gusts that blew from their nostrils, He wondered how they did not drop dead from heart failure.

He wrapped one more line across his knuckles, right over the spot where his three best friends always showed themselves to the world and stood up.

He was ready.

“Lets go” Dane said.

Logan took a deep breath and stepped out, with the two guards following behind at a safe distance. He could hear the cheers grow louder and more urgent. He smiled bitterly.

The crowd was thirsty for blood tonight.

“Two go in one comes out, Two go in one comes out, Tow go in one comes out, Two go in one comes out.”

They were hungry

And it was Logan’s blood and guts that would sake their appetite.

As He walked down the narrow corridor, He only hoped they had not come this time. He had, in not the least bit friendly tone, told them to stay away. He did not want them here. Not for the likes of this, and not for them to see him with a number inscribed on his back.

They reached the gate. There waiting were two men in white jackets, the medics, who didn’t even treat the injured, only pronounced the dead, a padre of all things and of course there was Gyrich

The smug bastard smiled at him as he came toward him.

“Well it’s the star of the show,” He said, placing his hands on his twelve hundred dollar suit covered hips. “Ready for a good one tonight.”

Logan barely offered the son of a bitch a glance. Memories came flooding back to him of days long passed, of times fighting against people like this, those who oppressed those who were different.

Henry Peter Gyrich, that was a name pretty high on Logan’s “To Gut” list

From Big shot in Washington to sleazy Promoter who once again made his living off the blood of mutants.

“They are aching for it tonight Howlett” he said, hearing the crowds frantic cheers, “Give them a good show will ya? The last two guys didn’t make it past the bell, got to have some showmanship you know”

Logan cracked his neck as the Medics checked his vitals, and said nothing

“Or you could just do me the favor of a lifetime and lay down and let one of those Gorillas beat the ever loving mutant shit out of you” Gyrich said a sneer crossing his pearly white but false teeth.


”I mean what a night it would be to see one of the last few Legends go out” He placed an arm over Logan’s shoulders, “I can see it now, “One of the last great X-men died tonight in the Pits tonight, beaten down like the mangy dog he is”

Logan shrugged the arm off of him hard. “Got that wrong Gyrich” He said glaring death and pain into the taller man’s eyes. “I’m not an X-Man, and wasn’t one even before I came in here, so the only thing you would have is just one more corpse to get rid of.”

Gyrich laughed a bit but was disturbed by the cold eyes that gazed at him. The eyes of what is called in prison as a “Dead Man walking”.

As far as Logan was concerned that was what he was. He wasn’t on the Row but he might have well have been as far as he was concerned. He was a corpse on the inside, rotting and decaying away, but the outside just kept on living.

He brushed off the medics and started to walk outside.

“Our Father who art in heaven…” The padre started. But was quickly shushed by a passing Logan

“Save your Prayers bub, God don’t visit here”

He walked through the doors which were marked with the heading of “Abandon all hope ye who enter this place.”

A place called Angola was marked as such. One of the worst prisons in the world’s history, only one in twenty men who went in ever-breathed free air again.

Logan laughed a bit as he stepped out into the arena and the crowd’s cheers and boos were deafening

“If they only knew the half of it,” he said as he flexed his arms and waited for his opponent.

Time to feed the dogs





You must login () to review.