Heaven forbid you end up alone, you don't know why
Hold on tight, wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright
Heaven Forbid- The Fray


The Danger Room shook under the weight of the explosion as the X-man named Wolverine gutted the last of the sentinels. For the last few months, he and Storm had been running the same simulation with the children they were training: Katherine Pryde, Bobby Drake, and Peter Rasputin. No one ever wanted to be caught off guard as they had been a nearly a year and a half ago when one William Stryker had attacked Xavier’s School for the Gifted in the middle of the night.

“End simulation,” he paused in front of Storm and the rest of the kids.

SNIKT!

His claws went back into place and he gifted Storm with a rare smile as the room shimmered and all the destruction disappeared around them.

“Good job, everyone.” Storm locked eyes with the feral mutant and dismissed the class. The kids didn’t put up much of a fight and decided to leave before Wolverine planned another session.

The two teachers also began walking from the room, in a comfortable silence as the students ran ahead of them ready to shower. The entered the elevator, still in silence until Storm turned to him. “So I’ve been thinking that we’ve become good friends, Logan.”

He raised an eyebrow. He wondered where this was going. Was she going to give him some sort of talk about Jean, because he definitely didn’t want to discuss that with her or anyone else. The events at Alcatraz still gave him nightmares, which were worse than the usual kind. He watched as her cerulean eyes shined. “I’m going to take the bait, darlin. Yes, we’ve become friends.”

“Good,” she clapped her hands.

He looked her over again and sniffed. Excited. “What’s this about?”

“Okay, before you say no, I just wanted to put that out there that we are friends.” Ororo Munroe gave a giddy laugh. It surprised the hell out of Logan, because as far as he knew, she didn’t do giddy. “Forge and I have a date tonight, and I need a babysitter for the children. Hank is going to be working late into the night and won’t be home until morning.”

Logan shuffled around in his uniform wondering why they didn’t have good pockets and pulled out a cigar. “So yer want me to do it?”

“Correct.” The elevator dinged to the top floor where Ororo’s loft was. It dawned on him that he’d never been in her room before, not that he’d wanted to. She stepped out of the elevator but turned around to meet his gaze. “So?”

“Sure, ‘Ro.” The doors closed the space between them and he gave a small chuckle. That woman could make him do a lot of things and sometimes he didn’t even know about it.

The elevator took him down to the first floor where the Rec Room was located and as he stepped off, a familiar scent caught him. It smelled like Old Spice, and instantly he knew Forge was some where in the general vicinity. He didn’t know how to take the man they called Maker, because Forge worked for the government, and for some unknown reason that put him on edge. Logan rounded the corner, still in his uniform and was surprised to find Forge, in a suit but playing Foosball with Marie, who was laughing as she tried to best him at the silly game.

Logan had tried once but every time he’d tried to rotate the handles, his claws had made appearance. He rubbed the spots where they lived and sighed absentmindedly. His claws were weapons, they hurt.

They killed.

Momentarily, he shook the thoughts away as the Cheyenne neared him, a good natured smile planted on his face.

“Logan, it’s good to see you.” He stuck his hand out expectantly, a little unsure of the other man. Forge had his suspicions about Logan, even though Ororo had tried to quell them. Still, those suspicions arose and he wondered if the man they called Wolverine, and the woman he had come to love with all his heart had a relationship that went deeper than the two of them were willing to admit. In his mind, Forge figured that a man in love with his girl, wouldn’t shake his hand.

Logan sized the man up, as he often did, his nose a little irritated by the Old Spice that Forge wore. He shook the other man’s hand, his grip a little firmer than usual. “Good to see ya to Forge.” He smiled, still biting on the cigar.

The scent of a fresh and clean Ororo wafted down to him as came down the stairs dressed in a little black number that would have had most men salivating. Logan could appreciate that in Ororo. He’d thought about crossing the line with her more than once, but what man hadn’t. She had legs that went on forever, and a body that most women would kill for. Yeah, she was a knockout alright. However, these days he just kept his distance from other men’s girls. That’s how he’d gotten roped in with Jeannie, he decided.

“Thanks for keeping Forge company, Logan.” Ororo smiled coming to her date’s side and kissing him on the cheek before turning back to Logan’s gaze.
Logan didn’t return her smile, only nodded. “Your welcome.”

Marie came out of the Rec Room, smiling. “Ah’d say you had a hot date tonight.

Ororo smiled and looked up into Forge’s face. Logan noticed she smiled a lot these days. He was happy for her, he truly was. No one had lost as much as she had. Of course he’d lost Jean, but she’d never really been his to loose. But, Storm. She’d lost her whole family.

“What time are you coming back?” Logan asked, the need to smoke the damn cigar driving him up the wall.
Forge was already out the door when she turned back around.

A smile was still planted on her face. “I think it’s gonna be a while. Don’t wait up.” She closed the door and it clicked softly.

He shook his head. He was happy for her, right? He decided not to question himself on that matter. Someone in this damn house needed to be happy, or at least needed to get laid. The need of the cigar arose again and he decided to go outside to smoke. He briefly glanced over to Marie who’d gone back into the Rec Room and noticed that she’d been joined by Kitty Pryde.
~
Marie shifted on her foot, unsure of whether or not to rip into the girl who would just not stay away from Bobby Drake. It had been months, but she and Bobby were still trying to iron out their differences, especially now that they could touch.

Kitty watched Marie under hooded eyes. “Do you need to say something, Marie?” It was more of a sneer then anything else.

Marie shifted her head and sighed. “Not really, no.”

“Good, so now you can stop blaming me for the problems you and Bobby have, right?”

This bitch, Marie thought angrily. No she just didn’t!

“Right?” Kitty moved past the former mutant and grabbed the remote and sat down on the couch and began flicking through the channels.

Marie whirled on her. She was fed up with Kitty thinking she wouldn’t punch her ass the fuck out because she didn’t have powers any more. “WHAT, is up with you?”

“Nothing, is up with me. I’m just sick of the way you look at me every time I decide to come into a shared space.” Kitty looked up from her activity and sneered even more.

“Really? Ah jus thought you were being a bitch for no reason!” Marie exclaimed not holding back.

This caused Katherine Pryde to stand up. She was not going to take this from someone who had given up their powers just because they couldn’t make human contact any longer. “Rogue, I’m sick of this. Bobby paid the slightest bit of attention to me and it ate you up inside. I’m so sorry for you.”

“Sorry for me.” Marie rolled her eyes and stepped closer. “Sorry for me. That is so rich coming from you. Ah feel sorry for you. You were the one throwing yourself at my boyfriend. Get it through your head, he doesn’t want you. He’s never wanted you, Kitty.”

Kitty was trying to keep her cool. She desperately wanted to yank the other girl’s hair out and all it would take was a little phasing…

“If you even attempt to try your powers out, Ah’ll knock you back a year.”

Kitty reigned in that control she’d been trying to use and smiled. “What was I thinking about? Silly me, Marie. Your right, Bobby has never wanted me. That is until last night. That’s right, we kissed. Last night, right after dinner.”

The look that crossed Marie’s face was one of pain and turmoil. How could Bobby do this to her? How could he rip out her heart and cut it into pieces after all she had done to be with him? To feel him?

“I think,” Kitty stated with a smile. “That you need to go and discuss all of your issues with him. Because discussing them with me does no go, Rogue.”
Marie took a deep breath, she promised her self that she would not pummel the younger mutant girl. “Your right, Kitty.”

The younger girl looked caught off guard. “Bobby and me have been through worst.” She turned and left the room.

Kitty sat their a few minutes longer before clicking off the television. Nothing good was ever on these days, she decided. She pondered on Rogue and Bobby before deciding that she would find Bobby Drake and tell him that his girlfriend was out of the her damn mind.

~

Chi’s was a cozy little restaurant that was tucked away in the city. It was far removed from both Ororo’s life as headmistress and Forge’s life as an inventor for the government. They smiled at each other over the meals they had ordered.

Candles, flickered and set the mood for what he had in mind.

“You look beautiful, sorry if I forgot to mention that earlier.” Forge smiled as he speared a piece of broccoli with his fork.

She smiled back. “Don’t worry about it. And thank you.”
He sipped on the red wine that he’d ordered to go with the meal. “So, where do you see us in the next year?”

Ororo paused, wondering where the question was going. She already knew they were going to go back to his place tonight but the question was a mystery. “I don’t know. I hadn’t thougth about it really.”

He smiled. “I love your honesty.”

She smiled. “Where do you see us going?”

“I hadn’t thought about it either.” He lied.

She didn’t notice.

She smiled again. “I love the atmosphere of this place.”

“I have good taste…in everything I choose.” He left the words to linger out in the air and they made her blush.

“I’ll take your word for it.” Ororo’s eyes continued to twinkle. She’d met Forge through Henry, when he’d come to make repairs on the danger room. He’d asked her out two days later, she slept with him on the fifth date, and they’d been together ever since.

“You should.” He tipped the glass back after finishing off his meal.

Ororo continued to smile as Forge called for the check. Her mind wandered back to the mansion… and to Logan.

~

He stood at her grave. For a while he hadn’t been able to come out here. After all it had been him who’d killed her. Jean Grey. The name was scrawled across the marble of the tombstone.

“Would you die for them?” Pheonix had asked. “Would you die for them Logan?”

“No. Not for them.” He paused, watching the tears slip down her face. “For you, Jean. I love you.”

He’d ended her life and felt it drain out of her. A smile had played on her lips as she fell into his arms and died. It was that secret smile that he’d never know the answer to. She hadn’t loved him. The Pheonix, full of desire, had wanted him. But not Jean.

The cigar smoke twirled up into the night air as he took it from his mouth and took a deep breath. His feral instincts told him that someone was standing behind him. Someone who wasn’t a student.

SNIKT!

His claws came out as he turned to face whoever didn’t belong. He came face to face with a gorgeous blond he’d never seen before.

The blond woman smiled at him, impressed with the way he’d became aware of her prescence before she’d even made herself known.

“Hello,” she held out one dainty manicured hand.

Logan looked her over, and appreciated the view. She wore an all white business suit, with the jacket open revealing her…um assets. She was of medium build with sapphires for eyes and a crimsom red mouth. A mouth that begged to be put to use, Logan thought.

She smelled expensive. '

Jadore!

“Who are ya, darlin?” Logan raised an eye brow, but didn’t bother putting away his claws.

“Well, since your obviously not going to shake my hand,” it dropped back to her side. “I guess my name will do. I’m Emma Frost.”

Logan’s eyebrow stayed in it’s raised position. He didn’t know who the fuck she was but she was nice to look at.





You must login () to review.