Symbols:
*...italics...*= thoughts
"...." = speaking
(In a phone conversation) ... = a pause for the person on the other side of the line to speak.

Disclaimer: I don't own any rights to any Marvel characters. Please don't sue me, I'm not poor but it reallllllly wouldn't be worth your effort. PLUS, how the hell is it that I'm the only one getting sued up in here????!!!

NOTE TO THA READER: This is definitely a Ororo/Logan luv fic with who knows what kind of other elements to it. Actually to tell you the truth...I don't know where this is going but I will definitely finish it. Review it please so I know how you guys feel about it. Trust me I know everyone luvs to be appreciated for their hard work so tell me the good, the bad, but leave out the ugly. I could do without.
:D!!!

CHAPTER ONE
She liked flying. It was exhilarating, freeing, and something close to dieing in the fact that it was a once in a sea of lifetimes gift; but only she was allowed to return to the living, earth shackled people to tell them of how it felt. To soar above the clouds of meaningless lives naked to any emotion save freedom.
To actually say that she liked flying was the understatement of the year, no, millennia.
Ororo closed her eyes to sink into the bliss of air in its most basic, coolest, cleanest form washing over her body. Her hair was a living silver snake whipping viciously with its fangs bared behind her in a loose French braid with a long ponytail left over. She had been wearing a multi coloured wool robe but it had been lost…somewhere?

*Do I even care???…Let’s take a few moments to think about that…no. *

She laughed off-handily at her own joke. Laughing like that had become a sad habit. She rarely found others outside her X men “group” to even rustle an interest in her, much less find humorous, so she was stuck with her own jokes until everyone returned.

But Remy and Rogue had run off to Switzerland for a much deserved vacation, Scott and Jean following in their footsteps to the Bahamas while Pietro had decided to take the young charges of Kitty, Jubilee, and Bobby to his homeland of Russia; while most of the other students had gone to their respective homes for summer vacation.
Leaving mainly Ororo, Logan, Professor Charles, and those few students with no homes to return to alone in the mansion/school.
Ororos’ eyebrows of pristine white shot down into a crease at the last thought that had been running through her head. Why had Logan been sticking around of late?? She thought he had gotten a big lead from one of Charles “sources” but that had been over two weeks ago and he had yet to act on it.

Ororo thought back to a conversation she hadn’t meant to overhear but it was between staying hidden in Charles’ coat closet to keep from being the first taster of Bobby and Jubilee’s newest frozen kitchen creation or reveal herself in the undignified cramped position she was in.
Her pride had rode her to take the latter, and in any case her two consciousness had fought too long to allow for a scrap of her dignity to pass through the comb of questions Charles would indubitably ask to find out how much she had heard. Besides the last creation had left her so disgusted that when Remy decided it was a good idea to tell her about this new shrimp jumbo recipe he had heard about a week later, she turned a polite shade of olive green in contrast to her cinnamon colour skin.
That and those pair had a pretty damn good set of puppy eyes between the two of them. She might have done the unthinkable and succumbed to their pleas.

“Yes, Scott, I know Logan can take care of himself…
...Yes, yes but I feel in a way that since he has joined us he is more-not to say vulnerable, but…
...Well, I told him we may have a lead to a distant relative of his…
...Ah yes well it was not easy…
...Hank had his DNA readings run through the diagnostics of every known mutant in the Cerebro computer database…
...Ahh, yes- I asked him that very same question. He said he simply thought it was something we had never tried before because it was simply so remote of a chance, and that he was still dedicated to helping his friend despite joining the Avengers…
...and he had been -bored out of his mind, so he says- at head quarters and was as surprised as much as anyone else that something came of it.

*He laughed then, but even in the closet I could tell there was something about it that had said not every chuckle spoke of happiness.*

...I know there should not be anything wrong and there is not. Not exactly, it is just that it has been two days since I told him. Yet-he has yet to act upon it. When I told you about Alex, you hopped in the Blackbird nearly as I spoke I barely had time to tell you where he lived.

*Again…that laugh.*

...I understand, you may be right, perhaps he is simply trying to…
...Yes, that is the word-adjust- to the fact that he may have blood relatives in the living world but the computer may be wrong. He must steel himself for such possible disappointments ….
...No, no do not bother coming back. I do not think I was mistaken when I saw the look of happiness on his face when Ororo mentioned how empty the house is. More people would simply annoy him right now. In any case, Ororo and I can handle the situation…
...No, she does not know as far as I can tell and I will not ask her. Logan should be the one to tell Ororo anything if he so wishes…

*This time his laugh is easier and less ironic.*

...Tell Jean to watch out for the jellyfish that sting. I hear that it is quite painful…"




*I could hear the smile in his voice in those last few sentences and in his good byes. I felt horrible to have intruded on something so personal in such a deceitful manner. No matter about my pride, dignity, or fear of Bobby and Jubilee’s …thing, could it account for what I have just done to the man though unwittingly? I feel far sicker without any frozen creations to help my deceitful stomach along.*

She had crawled out fifteen minutes after Charles had wheeled away. She struck out to fly all day and into the better half of the night to avoid revealing the shame she felt with the twinge in her cheeks. Since that day, she had briefly spoken with Charles twice and then spoken to no one at all.

Three days later she had not felt much better about what she had done. It hadn’t made things better by the fact that at those brief moments of conversation where Charles had subtle tried to question her about Logan.

*This simply will not do. They are my Family and one cannot avoid them forever.*

Though until dinner time she would continue to flow along this breeze to wherever it may choose, and only the devil may care where.
She laughed a laugh that come of those who enjoy the bounty of the earth and what surrounds it.


She had had her eyes closed for hours it seemed.
Lazily she rolled herself into a position where she would be capable of reading the sun’s position in time. Approximately it told her seven or eight o’clock. She closed her lids again to ponder whether she should make an effort to get back home.

Actually she would have to first find out where she was in order to course a way home but that should not be too difficu…Suddenly a background noise that did not fit in with the usual aerial jaunt came to Ororo’s ears.

The sound of bird's wings flapping and soaring, check.
The sound the waves of heat from the sun made when lapping the clouds which made a noise none but her heard, check.
The flapping and snapping of her hair in the wind, check.
A ominous whirring clunk whistling noise that sounded far off yet too close, chec…

*…whirring clunk whistling noise?? At least contestant number one knows the answer to the question: What does not belong?…*

With the speed of lightning Ororo shot her eyes open while loosing her power wild to find out what surrounded her. It took seconds but seconds too many. There five feet down below, nearly directly in front of her was a jumbo 757 plane making ready to rise a couple more feet into the air.

* In two ways could this be disastrous.
1) If the pilots saw me, naked and flying, at least five hundred feet, they would be at the least ... upset.
2) If I am not careful I will be sucked into their nice, big, fat, jumbo sized propellers and diced into nice, little cubes of goddess shish cabob!!!
... On the other hand I would not have to face the others any more...*





You must login () to review.