Symbols:
*…*= thoughts, usually of the last speaker
"...." = speaking
... = In a phone conversation, a pause for the person on the other side of the line to speak.

In the danger room:

Logan breathed deeply, trying to remember his unspoken promise to Ororo.

*…stay the hell away from her from now on, just to save the grief it gave her…*

According to McCoy and Chuck that plan was the worst thing he could do. McCoy felt Logan should teach Ororo tai chi, something she’d never done before, to help her calm her mind in a peaceful, safe environment. And of course Chuck agreed with the doctor.
It was all because of that stupid dance. He groaned trying to focus on his next transition. He could still feel where her hip had once grazed his pelvis, the tips of her hair tickling his fingers, the tightness in his chest. He could hear her heart thumping, from nerves or anger- he couldn’t tell. He was lost in thought about the moments, the two minutes and twenty seconds, he’d been able to touch her since that fateful night. Touch her and feel her response. At once he felt that putting her somewhere inside of himself, on himself, and around himself would be true heaven. He felt the marks she had left on his heart and his penis throbbing. Desire can be hate, he thought to himself as he closed his eyes. But mostly, he wanted her arms circled around him one more time.

He missed falling asleep beside her, he missed the sound of her as he made her happy.

When he felt the touch on his shoulder Logan reacted instinctively. Once the enemy was indisposed, it all happened so fast, he fully opened his eyes.

“Ow,” Ororo groaned.
His face became sorrowful as he helped her up, “Ororo-”
“I was calling you,” she said, waving away his apologies. “I should have known better than to interrupt. I should have thrown something at you. From a distance.”
“Why didn’t you?” he asked her, his hands floating over her waist and the back of her head to check for bruises. She was wearing a sports bra and long black shorts.
She laughed, “I was afraid you’d catch it and throw it right back at me.”
He chose not laugh with her and pulled his hands away. He knew she had resisted this training with McCoy and Xavier in private. He knew she was over him completely but he hadn’t realized she didn’t even want to learn something from him.

*I guess she wants nothing from me.*

“Well we’d better get started,” Ororo finished lamely. He instructed her into her first position but she kept putting her feet wrong. After several moves going this way she put her hands on her hips.
“Look Logan, you have to show me how to do this. This isn’t something I can just learn in a book or else I would be at the local Chapters. Really teach me how to perform these …or stop wasting my time,” she chastised him.
He growled, glaring at her severely, before shoving his foot underneath hers in a sweep. Immediately she lost her balance but recovered it enough to stand in a wider stance. He moved her arms for her and demanded she focus on her breathing patterns. For an hour they worked, words unvoiced, as they focused on several different positions.

On the last move Logan intended to show her, Ororo became pinned against his chest as he moved her arms. She noticed how his athletic tank top was clearly plastered to his every muscle and his tear away jogging pants were thin enough for her to feel his throbbing penis crushed against her thigh.
*Or is that me trembling?*

He held her wrists gently, his breathe on her cheek, and she stared at his lips.
He looked down intending to tell her to focus on breathing through her nose and exhaling through the mouth, a glimpse really, and stopped. His lips parted, for what purpose he couldn’t say.
Ororo moved up and Logan heard her breasts scrape against the material of her bra as they flattened against his chest, felt her saliva mixing with his own, his tongue caressing hers, and the bite of her teeth as they gently released his bottom lip.
Transfixed, Ororo wondered if she had imagined this kiss, the perfect kiss, as Logan licked his lips. He still held her wrists.
“What are you doing?” he said finally as he took one step away from her. Then another. “Henry sent you to me to help organize and calm your mind. Not muddle it up.”
“Yes, he did. And I told him my mind is fine,” she snapped, crossing her arms against her chest. “So why don’t we talk about the real problem?”
“Ororo, we don’t have a problem. You do,” he shot back at her. “There is no we anymore. Remember?”
“I know what I want-”
“Wanted. I’m what you wanted. Past tense. Don’t worry I get it, I do. Besides, I heard you’re beating them off with a stick these days so just leave me out of it,” Logan shouted and walked out.
Thunder rumbled as Ororo stopped herself from screaming in frustration. She had no idea what Logan was talking about. Now she didn’t care to find out.

Instead she went to find an outlet to vent on. She found Remy in her room, reading a magazine in her bed. Shaking her head at the sight, she slammed the door. He jumped and looked at her mildly before taking his feet off her bed.
“Some’tine de matter, chere?” he asked. Ororo growled as she began to strip off her sweaty clothes on the way to the bathroom. As she ran the bath water, she heard Remy perch himself in her doorway.
“Tell me all about it. Upsettin’ t’ings always make you want to get naked,” he observed wrily.
She didn’t turn to face him as she began.
“Insufferable, completely insufferable. What is his problem? Does he think I am blind? I know he was with me the night I was in the medical bay. I know! To add to it, he believes he can hide himself from me but I have seen deeper into his soul than any telepath, Remy. He loves me but when I dare to broach the subject he runs. In-suf-ferable.”
She eased herself into the bath, squinting her eyes as the water is bit too hot, even for her.
Remy tried to change the topic from the argument. He knew when Marie and he argued it bode for nothing good except hot sex and unsolved issues. “You talked after de class? Did the class go good?”
She took a deep breathe, shrugging. “It went well enough until I kissed him. If he did it, it would be alright but for me to take the initiative…perhaps I hurt the big bad Wolverine’s ego.”
“Dat’s because you want him to kiss you.”
“So?” she snapped. “We both know he wanted to be kissed.”
“Maybe he can’t talk about your relationship when all he can think about is sex.”
Ororo sat up.
“Frighteningly I don’t think you’re entirely discussing me,” she held up her hand when Remy went to protest. “But at the same time, you are correct. I can’t, we shouldn’t discuss both at the same time. It is a bad idea which is maybe why he left so abruptly.”
Remy shrugged. “Maybe.”
“How should I fix this? I should talk to him again?” Ororo turned to him, true confusion written across her features.
“Non. Why can’t des femmes take a page out of the boys book? Actions speak louder than words. It’s time for apologize flowers,” they shared a look. “Or somet’in he really would enjoy.”
“What,” Ororo smirked. “A six pack of beer?”
Remy laughed and left her to her soaking bath.

In Shaewn’s room:

A knock came at the door and Shaewn sighed.

Several sympathetic friends had been bringing by dvds, board games (“Bobby who am I gong to play these with?” “DETAILS…”), crosswords, comics, and cds to occupy his attention all day. They laughed as they had conversations with him, updating him on school social life while he was secluded for this weekend, from across the hall way.
It was a week before the first weekend of December- which was apparently an event at Xavier school. Everyone was making plans and preparations for the mayhem to follow. He only felt a twinge of jealousy but he kept it to himself.
Technically from across the hall they weren’t in his room as banned, only pausing for a brief period, but he quickly had them disperse, just in case it upset his uncle.

He opened the door, wondering who it could be now.
“Hello young man, you look cheerful even under confinement,” McCoy greeted him.
Shaewn grinned even wider, “Yeah well, if the world hands you lemons and all that, right?”
“Yes, I hope you can maintain that positive attitude,” Henry warned as he handed over a file.
Shaewn paused before he took the thick manila folder.
“Thank-”
“Nonsense,” McCoy insisted. He thought back to a week ago. Pietro still wouldn‘t look at him. He sighed. “I’m not often a good enough person. At least I can be of service to my friends, if nothing else.”
“Well I thought you invented a ton of medical procedures that saved lives all over the world? And what else are you supposed to do to be ‘good enough‘ ?” Shaewn asked as he fingered the opening of the file. “You’re not a machine, Henry- you‘re, you’re family. Besides with everything you’re doing for my uncle, for me, risking so much…”
McCoy stared at the boy as if something very profound had been said. He grabbed the boy in a brief hug.
Shaewn smiled politely despite his uncomfortability. He just felt they hadn’t reached that stage of their friendship in spite of the secrets they shared and kept. McCoy released him.
“Thank you. You’ll never known what a comfort those few words are. I didn’t realize I needed them.”
Shaewn nodded.
Henry left and Shaewn smiled, glad he could help someone.

He ripped open the folder and spread the confidential report dealing with Matt’s foster care situation across his bed. Fingering the case number, he used to have his own- he’d memorized it- and now Matt had one. Somehow he felt this was his fault.
Twenty minutes later, a drop of wetness blurred the ink, turning the spot on the page a contrasting grey. When it was followed by another, Shaewn looked for a leak in the ceiling or a spying Jamie. He saw nothing.
Slowly bringing his fingers to his cheek, he wiped away the tears. The words on the page said Matt was happier, eating, and recovering. He was adjusting well to his new life. But Shaewn could not forget their last words to each other.

*…passed his hand carefully over Matt’s sweaty forehead and whispered, “Soon. I promise my one and only friend.” Then he turn and ran…*

Pushing all the papers off his bed into a mushy pile on the floor, he groaned. Maybe neither of them needed to be rescued anymore. Maybe they were both as saved as they were going to be.

In the danger room:

“Hey shug, ah got a question,” Rogue said in between heaving breathes as she dodged another series of Wolverine’s attacks.
That afternoon he’d called her to ask if she’d wanted to spar with him for a while and she had accepted only because she wanted to try and talk to him about Ororo. Unfortunately she was beginning to wonder if she’d live that long.
Wolverine withdrew into a defensive crouch, waiting to leap and attack her.
“No questions,” he spat.

*Words were distractive.*

Rogue expelled a breathe before deciding playing nice was only going to get her a legion of bruises and little answers. Before Wolverine could rise she tried to jump on him knees first, an unexpected move. He lost his breathe as the inconceivable weight of her body nearly broke his back. He wrenched himself out of the way with only one knee catching him in the rib.
Rogue quickly straddled him and immobilized seven pressure points in his upper joints with a set of punches he had taught her. He laughed as the danger room suddenly announced their time was up, Rogue‘s arm raised for a punch to the face.
Immediately Marie stood, smiling genially, and offered Logan a hand.

Logan resisted allowing himself even one moan of pain as Marie eased him up. He had been kicking her ass for twenty seven minutes, a living punch bag, and in the last three minutes she had shown him who was boss. Marie first massaged the blood flow back into his joints. After a momentary check of his pain threshold, he was pretty sure he had two ribs that were either bruised or strained but thankfully unbroken, seven massive bruises, and a twisted back. It wasn’t weakness that made him allow Marie to deliver her patented massage: it was necessary. He couldn’t hit a fly right now.

“So Ah still got my question.”
Marie’s statement was breaking a twenty minute silence.
Logan coughed and swore from the pain of it. “Ugh, shoot.”
“Any reason we had to get so rough? I thought we were getting’ friendly until you walked in, shug,” Marie said. “Now who’s head do you really want to rip off?”
“Enh, ain’t like you don’t know his name.”
“He?!” Marie said in surprise. She didn’t know there was some idiot running around pissing Logan off except that ‘Jamie’ kid. “The one that got into a fight with Shaewn?”
Logan groaned now as the jolt of pain seizing his heart had nothing to do with his physical injuries. “He’s a little young for O, don’t’cha think?”
Marie frowned. “Then who?”
“Can’t remember his name,” Logan lied. “Some friend of Warr-”
“Hol’ it shug!” Marie crawled over to face Logan. “You mean that Brent character tha’ our ‘Ro couldn’t stan’ and made a complete ass of himself? Tha’ billionaire retard who actually believes he has a chance?”
Logan reached for his cigars and remembered he was in the danger room.

*I could really go for a smoke right now.*

“Something wrong with billionaires, shug?” he snarled sarcastically.
“Except for the fact that Ro is goin’ through some deep shite right now and trying to keep it together for everyone’s sake, maybe no,” Marie smirked. “Then again, he’s got like zero game. He freaked out in the cab when Ro totally rejected him and acted like a fresh mutie. Totally los’ control of himself on their non-date.”
Logan looked away, he didn’t want to see his reaction reflected in Marie’ s giant, receptive eyes.
“She get hurt?” he asked even though he knew she mustn’t have because that would have been more than idle gossip. He just asked out of habit and curiosity, he told himself.
Marie laughed, “Ro? No, baby, she had to take a taxi home with him though. He swallowed his car keys by accident.”
“What?” he turned back to her sharply and immediately regretted that choice. “How do you do that by accident?”
“He’s a shape shifter. She totally denied him at the restaurant, you know Ro- all polite,” Marie was starting to relish the old story being told fresh. “She suggested he take her home and he was okay until he turned into a jellyfish then back into a human really fast, he jus’ swallowed it up, ya know UP in him, and then he just lost it. All ashamed. He insisted they take a cab back to the mansion. Now Ah suspect he started to cry but ya know Ro, too polite tah say yes or no, and he jus’ started morphing out of control.”
“That’s sad,” Logan commented before looking away.

*The whole sorry situation.*

He still wished his cigars were close by. He could feel his healing factor at work finally. It shouldn’t take that long. He knew he probably ought to go to McCoy but he couldn’t begin to figure out what was wrong with him. Maybe a mission away would do him good. But he knew he shouldn’t leave Shaewn, not for awhile yet, so he put that aside.
*Too bad nothing in my old life can help me in this one.*

In the Attic floor:

Later that night nearly everyone was asleep. The estate was peaceful as these people feel to sleep with trepidation in their heart for the coming days, either worried or excited.

Ororo lay on her bed, her elbow resting on her knee and her other leg tucked underneath her body as she waited for midnight to come and pass.
Everyone had begun to notice Logan’s strange running habits, his inability to be at simple daily events like dinner, and knew the two causes for this circle.
He wanted to leave because of her, Ororo told herself, but he returned for his nephew who needed him still very desperately.
Tucking some loose curls behind her ear, Ororo breathed quickly to stop herself from crying. Finally she saw the digital clock on her nightable click to 12:30 in the morning. Grabbing her gift and refusing to look at herself in the mirror she made her way to Logan’s door.

He didn’t wait for her to knock but was waiting for her in his door frame as if he could hear more than her footsteps approaching.
Smiling, she handed him the box of candy and case of beer.
“I apologize Logan,” she said. Suddenly she felt very humble. “I shouldn’t have acted the way I did this morning. It was a betrayal of trust.”
Grinning at her peace offerings he took them in hand. He never felt her touch, as she let go as soon as the items were in his grasp. Irregardless, he was in a good mood despite the late hour.
“No problem.” His eyes seem to search for another reason for this apology than the one she had given but they were unable to find it. At least nothing he could discern.

Ororo giggled underneath her breathe.

*So I can surprise you still, Logan?*

She knew he had sensed her presence but could not have expected it. Something about that comforted her. It meant where they stood now was not set in any sort of stone.
“How do ya do it, Ororo?” he asked her suddenly.
“Do what?” she frowned, confused.
“Know just the right thing to say? Shaewn tol’ me about your talk the day of the fight,” Logan looked her in the eye. “Thank you.”
“Obviously I don’t, Logan. Tomorrow morning, same time, strictly Tai Chi?” she asked simply.
“For you? Always,” he said before retreating into his room. If she had known he was praying for her to knock, she didn’t acknowledge this.

Smiling once more, Ororo walked away. Moments later she felt him encircle her like a wolf circling an old friend.
“By the way, sorry. I should never have walked away,” he told her as he brushed her cheek with his fingers. Usually, like the night they danced, she’d feel he was too close for comfort or some sort of danger but at this moment, his presence and words were a comfort. She cupped his cheek, stroking the soft tissue underneath his eye, before again walking away.

The next morning:

Ororo awoke bright and early with the waning moon and greeted the sun gloriously as she flew as high as she could go. The air was freezing and the air strangely both still and fleet as she steadied herself enough to practice the tai chi she had learned. In order to accomplish this she had to clear her mind of everything that troubled it including Logan’s last words to her.
Only when she got to her room did she realize the full spectrum of what he might mean. The amount of possibilities racked her mind and she was unable to sleep until three hours later.

With her mind completely swept open, she moved as one with nature. Here, in the realm of the wind, she rode safely as no other man or woman could. With these thoughts she lost her concentration and playfully she allowed the wind to slide her over the rough shackles of the currents, first one way and then the next.
Finally, Ororo plunged straight down, head first, to Earth before she was too late for her appointment with Logan.
She knew she ought to stop far before she neared the hard ground, for safety’s sake, but Ororo was prepared for the risk. She could see the individual branches before she flipped over, grabbed her knees and twisted herself around- grinding the earth below the lake with the hard winds snaking themselves around her. Peacefully the gusts and spatters of water grinded to a halt.

*Thank the Goddess no one is awake this early or they may have been hurt.*

At this thought, Ororo felt the presence of another.

“Charles?”
*Yes, Ororo are you alright?* his voice emanated caution and concern.
Ororo grinned as she rode the gentler winds, closer to the earth, to her room with her legs folded into the lotus position and her hands clasping her ankles.
“Better than I have been in a long time, my friend.”
Charles didn’t respond for so long, Ororo reached her room and assumed he was gone as she haphazardly got dressed and brushed her hair into a loose ponytail.

*Ororo? …I’m glad.*

She smiled as she ran to meet Logan. Instead of being late she was early for their session. When Logan stumbled in, still groggy, she suggested he at least indulge in coffee.
“Thanks, but we better just get started.”

Twenty minutes later, Logan was in pain. His ribs hadn’t quite healed up yet, especially after his thirty mile run, and his muscles were too sore. He knew the wounds were gone, it was just his inability to sleep it off. He’d showered for an hour in icy water after Ororo had walked away last night until his body had thrown up in protest. It was impossible to stop his heart contracting in desire and memory of what her hips felt like as they quivered for him…He hadn’t slept at all. This morning he’d taken another icy shower, repeated his promise to himself, but it was pointless. The only thing he’d managed to control was his erection and barely. He wondered how Ororo didn’t mention it as it kept slapping her thighs.

*Probably leaving bruises…bruises I could tease and kiss away…*

Normally he would just cancel but it would be worse not to see her, not to be in the one place he still had the right to touch her intimately. Ororo was completely focused on following his instructions body, mind, and soul. He groaned as he used his knee to push her thigh further back into a lunge.
He heard the saliva of her tongue touch her upper lip. Through his chest he could feel her slow intake of breathe, her breasts shifting in her bra. Smell the sweat from her raised arms…

*God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn God Damn!!!!*

He pushed himself away.
“Ororo I think, I think that’s enough,” he sputtered as he wiped the sweat from his forehead. It took all his concentration not to lose his control and delve into his hypocritical desires.
After a minute of holding the pose he’d placed her in she turned to him, “Huh?”
Immediately he pretended to bend over and stretch so he wouldn’t have to look at her.
“I said that’s enough. All I got to teach you. Now it’s up to you,” he said from his bent position.
“Oh,” she started to stretch as well. “Well, thank you Logan. I’ve never felt my mind so relaxed but more in control in my life. I feel my chi is definitely on its way to balance.”

She touched the crown of his head with her forehead for a moment before leaving. As he heard the door softly close, he dropped to the ground.

*Shower, just keep showering.*





You must login () to review.