Symbols:
*…*= thoughts, usually of the last speaker
"...." = speaking
... = In a phone conversation, a pause for the person on the other side of the line to speak.

“Rogue, no more sex! If we do, we won’t have any energy for our date. Femme, yo’ betta stop lookin’ at me like tha’,” he warned her sternly as he put on his pajamas. He intended to keep them on this time too. She giggled.
“Fine, I’m going to shower. Alone,” she said, overstressing the word ‘alone‘. She flung the sheets away.
“Good,” he retorted. “Too much anyway isn’t good for anyone. Even me.”
“Psh, O hail the mighty wisdom of the penis,” she smirked before dashing into the bathroom before he could hit her with the pillow.
He snuggled under the sheets but they stunk of sex. He wrinkled his nose and pushed them off. He’d practically peed his cum everywhere when Marie had finished with him at about two in the morning. Then she woke up at four. Now it was seven o’clock and he couldn’t sleep because their room smelled of sex funk and delirious happiness. It was too cold to open a window.
Scratching his head he got up and marched over to the bathroom.
Restraint, sleep, and solitude were the top three most overrated virtues of his world.

That afternoon Rogue left a snoring Remy drowning in his own drool. She knew he was completely exhausted. She had done that to him and almost felt bad about it. She didn’t really feel it was necessary for them to date anymore. But he was a diehard romantic and insisted on it despite his exhaustion.
When she met Kitty making her lunch she couldn’t resist sharing her wild night. Even better was the night to come. Kitty relished the fantastic story long after Rogue went back to bed for a power nap. Even though she swore to keep it a secret to herself, she thought she might die if she couldn’t share such hotness.

When Kitty happened to encounter Jubilee in the hall she couldn’t help at least sharing the location of the hot date: the new salsa club- the Cha Cha Chiro. Jubilee managed to remain calm while she was being told but she knew there could be more to the story.
Immediately she knew that Rogue had sent this news as a sign.

Jubilee’d been wondering how to move on to step number three ever since Henry had taken care of the proximity of step two. It had been brilliant but the lessons had lasted a mere two days before they’d given it up completely. Some nonsense about Ororo’s balance coming together or some such. And the Professor had approved!
Giggling Jubilee ran to Bobby’s room, banging on his door. She heard a groan of surprised complaint and a bang. Then he opened the door, his expression perverse.
“Whassa matter with you?” he muttered as he scratched the back of his head. He’d been sleeping in late as usual, in nothing but his boxers and socks (which didn’t match), but he grinned anyway.
Jubilee smiled. “Time to wake up sleepy head. Hit your head?”
“Come to kiss it better?”
Jubilee laughed and pushed past him into his room. It was only a mild disaster because of the weekly checks. She knew he was constantly at war with his floor rep, who wanted to report him, and the other boys on the floor who wanted to save him from trouble. The lengths they had to go to -from cleaning raids to the horrified maids hired -were becoming legendary.

Still there was a mouldy sandwich somewhere in here, she could smell it.

“Ha, you wish. Now listen up, we’ve got a lot of work to do before tonight.”
He groaned, “Another party? What, you think those happen out of nowhere? You’ve gotta give me at least a day notice. Even if it does come with a lot of bit-”
“Stop talking if you value your life. Now Kitty told me what Marie told her which was delivered by Remy: They’re going out tonight on a super horny date. You’ve got to get them all to go. Of course without Logan.”
Bobby put up his hands defensively.
“What do I look like? An adult charmer? I can’t force them all to go out tonight. Or even try to tell Logan what to or not to do. Besides why ‘of course’ without the main objective? Lady, are you crazy?” Bobby paused with his finger tapping his lips meditatively. “Remy and Marie have dates for horniness? I thought they just kinda-”
“Hell Bobby, we have to do something!” Jubilee cried out, effectively changing the subject. “We have got to be proactive!!! Isn’t that what they teach us at this school? Step 3 is to let them have a taste of each other. Now dammit they are going to have a taste and a half of each other. If I, we, have something to say about it. Which we do.”
Bobby rolled his eyes. “So what do we do?”
“Dammit,” Jubilee shook her fist in his face with determination. “We assemble.”

In the living room:

The women of the X household had gathered for great matters of the most important topics of the week. Plans for the upcoming holiday season were in full swing. One of the events everyone looked forward to was the White Charity Ball which the committee was putting the last details on. Also they had to arrange the weekend sled rides, log duty (for the fireplace in the evenings), presents, acquiring a tree, a tree decorating party, end of term party, a relaxing Christmas eve and Christmas eve day, family dinner on Christmas night, daily movie marathon nights, and not to mention New Years Eve and New Years day brunch.
Every year they tried something a little better, a little bigger then the year before. This year the ball would be bigger then ever with a live band, DJ, and acts from some of the kids. As well as a midnight balloon drop and an ice fountain with smoke machine.
Betsy, Jean, Ororo, Lorna, Kitty, Allison, and even Emma (who was there for the occasion of the Charity ball and nothing more) surrounded the circular table when Jubilee burst into the room. She plopped herself in between Ororo and Jean as they argued over what seemed like minor details to the young girl.
At a pause in the conversation, the one second everyone took a breathe, Jubilee spoke up.
“So this is great and everything for latttteeerrr but what’s everybody’s plan for getting hot and sweaty tonight?”
Everyone turned towards her immediately.
“What do you propose?” Emma asked bluntly.
“Heard Cha Cha Chiro is the place to be. Women of the household should be there,” she snapped her gum, smirking as she stood to skip away. “If you wanna get laid instead of mucking about the kitchen details.”
She laughed when they kicked her out with playful shouts of “Too young!” and the meeting continued without her. Jubilee had winked at Jean before she’d closed the door behind her. She left it up to Jean to convince the women to go despite the crudeness of her suggestion.

Jean closed her eyes. She knew Jubilee was sending her a message but what would happen if she followed through?

She would be left in a crowd, alone, with her thoughts.

Watching what she wanted to be HERS, go for another.

She had once thought he was lost but that had been a delusion. A trick.





*NO.*

Jean sat back in her seat, looking down and clutched her sheaves of documents, if only to control her thoughts from Emma. The room seemed to explode with idle chatter that had little to do with their earlier purpose. When Jean looked up carefully, Emma was blatantly ignoring her.
Kitty broached the topic first, “She’s right. I for one am tired of waiting for these wishy washy X-boys to come to us. Let’s all go out.” Kitty looked at Jean. “What do you think?”
Jean grunted before standing.
“I don’t care,” she muttered before blowing out of the room in a huff.
“Marriage sex,” Emma observed. A few giggled openly.
“Hell, she’s right. Fuck an invitation,” Allison commented as she stuck her pencil in her hair and used it to create a makeshift bun. “Betsy are you up for being my wingman for the night?”
“Most definitely,” Betsy grinned, nodding, and turned to the group. “I’ve got two more seats in my convertible.”
“Ha,” Allison crowed. “Who’s got the balls to dare party with us?”
She stared at each one of them, waiting for someone to take her challenge.
“Let’s make it interesting,” Kitty said, excited as she leaned in to eager listeners. “Who can bag the most in one night?”
Silence reigned. Finally, Ororo sighed and stood.
Lorna groaned.
“Oh, don’t be such a ice queen, Ororo,” she begged. “That used to be Emma’s job. Don’t pretend you don’t know how to have some fun.”
“Some people sit around talking about having fun, I just go and do it,” Ororo said quietly before she closed the door behind her. The women cheered.
“Hear, hear,” Betsy said, approvingly. Kitty smiled.
“I’ll take a seat,” Kitty said to Lorna, even raising her hand a little.
Lorna nodded, “So will I.”
“I have my own transport,” Emma commented. Everyone turned to her in shock.
Betsy smirked, “This isn’t your kind of place. It‘s openly sleazy without the money to cover it up.”
“A place for cheap sex, masturbation standing up, and cheaper alcohol?” Emma laughed, a full throttle sound that engulfed her gym chiselled figure. “I think I’ll have to spend more time racking my points than any of you. Now what’s the prize?”
They all grinned together and schemed.

Later that afternoon in the Jean’s Apartment:

“Jubilee-”Jean sighed.
“Look,” Jubilee grasped Jean’s hands. Jean tore them away and stuck them under her armpits.
“Sorry, I haven’t washed them,” Jean said, an unconvincing lie even to the distracted young girl.

Jubilee sighed. She didn’t understand why Jean was being so fucking difficult when her job was incredibly simple. When she had talked to Kitty, it had been Kitty who had convinced the women not only to go but inspired Ororo to go and get ready for the night. Now Jean just had to make sure that Logan understood he wasn’t invited.

“Jean, you agreed to help us, help your friends. All you have to do is tell Logan he shouldn’t come out with you guys tonight. When he asks why, as he inevitably will, you tell him ‘frankly the girls want Ororo to have a good time withoooouuutt you!‘. Don’t use my words or he’ll know you’re lying. Actually its better if you tell someone in our group to tell him so it spreads the lie. He might be suspicious but too curious to care.”
Jean grabbed Jubilee by the shoulders. Jubilee cried out as she felt Jean touching her mind.

*Jubilee I can’t always be your manipulator. Find someone else. I’m not going to do everything you tell me to.

You are a child.

And you’re meddling

In the affairs of people to whom you are no concern.

Wolverine is a father now.

Ororo will fall in love with the billionaire and leave us.*


Jean moaned, trying to reign in her emotions. She could feel Jubilee’s intense, swift feelings… the pain of the intrusion… and the depth to which she cared for her family. Jean felt herself reacting instinctively: to save herself from the deep reproach, the regret of the act, and the earnest wish to make good what was destroyed. It was like watching a movie in 3D-unable to touch or affect the events as someone who was playing her character ran amok in her body.

By the time Jubilee kneed Jean in the crotch and ran out of the room she felt her memory of the moment fading second by second.

When Jubilee got down the hall, touching the hallway doorknob with sweaty palms, she couldn’t remember why she was running.

At the same time in the Kitchen:

Logan had created the perfect sandwich. A goddess of bread, vegetables, sauce, and meat. It was created with love, attention, and half of an entire ham.
Four heads of lettuces, three tomatoes, one Spanish onion, a block of cheese, thirty three slices of spiced leftover turkey, half a can of mayo, a small tub of buttermilk butter, five different Italian sauces, two sausages, forty two spices, a pack of pepper, and a dash of sea salt when into the making off. It spanned the entire kitchen table with its pure flavor.
Logan grinned. He’d done good. It could take him days to digest this meal.
McCoy walked in and nearly died of the shock.

“Good god man, are you trying to kill yourself?” he asked Logan incredously. “Honestly, the cholesterol alone!”
“Hey, what’s a little heart burn when you’re stomach can be so fulfilled,” he joked.
McCoy grunted as he retrieved a Caesar salad from the refrigerator.
“If that’s the worst that ails the heart…”
Logan nodded as he started to nibble on the edges, letting the sauces drip over his chin. McCoy shook his head. Remy and Shaewn walked in, one looking like he had a chip off his shoulder and the other with open fascination.
“What’s the matter, young man?” McCoy asked. “Or should I say young men?”
Remy snorted, “My pre-sex sex date has turned into a three ring circus so odere den dat, nothin‘.”
His accent always thickened uncontrollably when he was annoyed or angry: he was both.
“Pre-sex sex date!” Shaewn repeated with sympathetic glee.
“Oh yes, I’ve been told about the tango excursion,” McCoy said.
Remy glared at him, “And how de hell did even de lab zombie know about de Cha Cha?”
McCoy shrugged.
“Ororo asked me to accompany her to save her from, from,” McCoy stopped as he realized everyone was resting their eyes on him. “From nothing but the pleasure of my company.”
Logan looked away to his sandwich.
“Woah, Uncle Logan,” Shaewn said to break the awkward silence. “That’s some sandwich. Can I have some?”
“Bah,” Remy shouted. “No one cares about my sex.”
He stomped out but not before he slammed his fist into the door to let the inanimate object know who was boss.
McCoy shrugged and followed Remy, dabbing at his food with his fork, the fake silver appearing delicate in his paws.

In the hallway:

Seconds later, Remy awaited McCoy near the hallway bathroom door. McCoy turned the corner, completely focused on his meal and slightly wondering what to wear for the night when he suddenly saw the young man.
He was glowering.
“Fer nothin’ less den ma petit,” Remy warned McCoy. “Nuthin.”
He nodded.
“Trust me, he’s hooked and baited. Tonight, we skewer and feast on his supposed testosterone and male ego.”
“Ugh,” Remy laughed. “Way to make even seduction clinically gross, Henry.”
“I have my moments.”
“So what do you have to save her from?” Remy asked.
McCoy shrugged, an action he was getting tired of. It usually meant he was shrugging off a lie.
“Warren is still pushing Brent on Ororo,” he explained. “She prefers the forcefully avoiding tactic since simple verbal protests aren’t working.”
McCoy smiled and kept walking as Remy contemplated this nugget of information.

In the kitchen:

Shaewn laughed, delighted in cramming his mouth full of the sandwich made for a god. Logan stared at his nephew bloat and his food disappear. Besides a twinge of annoyance, he could feel his mind wandering despite himself.
Shaewn quieted down. He could see his uncle watching him but his mind was a million miles away. Shaewn decided it was time to bring Logan back.
“So you going to the club tonight? Except for Ms. Munroe and Mr. McCoy, I heard its kind of an all girl thing.”
“Shaewn-” Logan sighed. “I ain’t going. I‘m happy. We‘re happy, adjusting.”
“Good,” Shaewn smiled. He had to speak around the food. “Yeah, we’re adjusting. It’s time everyone is happy and adjusted,” he paused as he thought of Matt. “Except little old grounded me.”
“Hey,” Logan looked up, a mere glance of a smile. “You earned that by throwing the first punch.”
“Yeah,” Shaewn laughed as he wiped the side of his mouth in satisfaction. Half the sandwich was gone and Logan squinted as he watched his nephew calculate where to put the other half in his slim frame. “I know. I’m over that. But hopefully I’ll be released from imprisonment in time for Christmas Eve, Scrooge.”
Logan chuckled on the outside because he didn’t dare to frighten his nephew with his true face. The face that was desire and jealousy incarnate.

That night at The Cha Cha Chiro:

The more Logan thought about it, the more it burned him up. They had only dated a few short weeks in the summer. And yet, Ororo and he had never gone on a proper date. He showed Scott more courtesy. Gunning his bike, he weaved through traffic until he reached a deserted side street where he took a break to try and calm down again. All around him the city blocks hummed with the sounds of millions of people’s lives.
Logan needed life to take a break so he could regroup his priorities. Except of course that wasn’t happening anytime soon. He was breaking more promises to Ororo then he was keeping. He’d promised to love her and stay by her, keep her safe. Check, check, check- he’d missed the mark on all three.

*Just one minute. Just to see the place for a minute. I won’t even have a beer.*

Logan started back up the bike with renewed determination. When he arrived minutes later he didn’t even bother to park properly. The building throbbed from the music and the stomping of hundreds of enthusiastic feet squeezed into a building too small and overpacked.
He was fiercely determined to be there for mere seconds at best. Just to check up on everyone. Besides he hated places like this because they weren’t safe.

*That’s what being mature is all about…*

He slipped in the back entrance after snipping the lock in half with his claws. He entered a cramped hall that remained unlit except a weak flickering bulb hanging from a wire. He could smell two rank washrooms and he heard a familiar heartbeat even through the sexual, up beat music around the corner. A small glow ahead guided him forward. What he saw made him smile for once since the sandwich disaster.

Ororo had her back pressed to the wall, beautiful in a simple blue silk tank top and jeans. Her legs were long, miles long and her expression was happy, even relieved. Logan felt his body moving forward, slowly pouring out of the shadows.
Ororo looked up and smiled slowly. “Hello stranger.”
“Hey,” Logan looked around uncomfortably. He had meant to retreat but there was the small intakes of breath, the whispered giggle, the sweet scent of her perspiration attracting him forward. He wondered if this was them moving forward towards something or a coincidence. Lately it felt he couldn’t escape talk of Ororo or the woman herself and he was trying.

*Well obviously not hard enough.*

“Watcha hidin’ here for?” he asked her as he continued slowly towards her. When he was beside her, he leaned his head on the wall and basked in the open beauty of her. She looked back at him just as peacefully. He heard her hand reaching for his and immediately his arm went limp. Her hand slipped into his and her fingers wrapped around his. Logan smiled ruefully as Ororo explained why she was hiding.
“I invited Henry because I,” Ororo paused. “I don’t know why I invited him really. I was avoiding causing anyone more pain. Do you understand?”
“Yeah,” Logan nodded. “I’ve been trying that out myself. How’s it working out fer you?”
Ororo chuckled, “I’ve only hurt myself. Henry is a terrible dancer! My feet are killing me. Which is unfortunate as I was looking forward to a little dancing.”
Logab burst out into laughing until Ororo put her fingers over his mouth to quieten him.
“Shh! I don’t want him to find me!” Ororo begged. Logan put his arms around her to draw her close as they collapsed into giggles on each other‘s shoulders. “Shh, let’s go outside and make our escape!”

They tumbled out of the back entrance, still giggling. Logan held on to Ororo’s waist, her arms around his neck- they began to sway to the music, completely out of beat with the fast pace. Ororo’s cheek slid down Logan’s until her forehead rested in the crest of tense muscles bulging in his shoulder. Logan eased his nose into the waves of Ororo’s hair and breathed in deeply. The grime of the parking lot: the cigarette butts, broken used condoms, and small pebbles and scraps of trash slipped away and disappeared. For those two, there was nothing but each other’s bodies and the thump of each other’s hearts against their separate ribcages.

Jean looked at the young man chatting her up.
“Get the fuck away from me,” she said suddenly as she sipped her fourth margarita. He slumped away sullenly, muttering under his breathe.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah I said fuck off!” she screamed after him. Kitty marched over to Jean’s stool at the bar.
“What the hell is wrong with you?” Kitty hissed. “If you didn’t want to come then why did you insist on coming???”
Jean glared at her but was unable to use her powers while the collar necklace was attached to her neck. The collar allowed her to drink copiously with relative safety from the thoughts of others.

*Unfortunately it doesn’t shut up yappy little whores.*

“Jean, you said that out loud,” Kitty sighed.
“Oh.”
Kitty helped her off the stool and shoved her towards the bathroom.
“Go cool off for awhile. Sober up some. Throw up some of that booze. Remember why we’re even here,” Kitty whispered.
Jean stumbled towards the bathroom, the urge to suddenly throw up was prevalent in her throat. She kicked open the women’s door but when she felt a cool breeze Jean immediately stumbled towards that instead. She could see the faint first flakes of snow falling softly down on the swaying couple who were enraptured by their own movements. Jean felt a teardrop fall over her bottom lashes before she turned back inside.
Once in the bathroom, she spent the rest of the evening vomiting until Lorna helped her to the parking lot. Rogue and Remy had barely made it out of their car before they headed back to the mansion to make love. Henry had long ago left with a brunette, Emma had distracted both Brent and Warren, and Allison had left with the grand prize.
She had been allowed to strike one thing off the list of activities and she chose to, in her words, “…stop the madness that is bad carolling. Can’t sing? Don’t start!”
Lorna and Betsy argued bitterly over whether Jean would be allowed in Betsy’s car until Lorna promised Betsy Jean would pay to have it cleaned. The girls all arrived home before they realized Ororo was missing.

In a field somewhere:

Millions of snowflakes casually fell from the sky. Logan wrapped his arms around his goddess. At least he called her that in his head but didn’t dare too out loud. He didn’t want her to take it any way he knew he shouldn’t mean it.
“Cold?”
She smiled and moved the snow with a small draft of wind.
“Oh right. Ya don’t get cold.”
She shrugged and pulled away.
“I get cold all the time. Just not like other people.”
“We should get back.”
She nodded.

Ororo wrapped her legs around the bike.
“It’s dangerous for you to drive this, in this weather,” she mentioned before he started up the engine.
Logan stopped moving. He could feel her arms at his waist, her legs resting beside his thigh.

*It feels right.*

“Logan?”
“Huh?”
“You should drive us home now. But please don‘t drive this in the snow anymore.”
“Kay.” He paused. “Ro? I-”
“Logan, please. I’m not exactly warm here.”
Logan bit his lip and drove.

The next morning, in Bobby’s room:

“What is that smell?” Jean complained. She had the hangover from hell but Henry had insisted she come.
“Well I’m positively ashamed of myself,” Henry interjected. “I was supposed to be watching Ororo but I allowed myself to be …distracted.”
Jubilee glared at him until Bobby patted her head.
“Worse,” Bobby noted. “Logan never showed up.”
Kitty shrugged. “No, what was worse was having to watch Jean make an ass of herself. Second worse, listening to her stomach self pump. Third worse, Logan never showed up.”
“No way,” Jubilee glowered. Her team had failed her and she was disappointed. “Logan must have come and left with no one seeing him. The point was for him to see Ororo in a new light.”
Jean groaned, “Always the romantic? He’s, he’s busy.” Everyone looked at a scruffy Shaewn, nervously carrying his textbooks. “With his own life now. Shaewn, you said he promised he wasn’t going.”
“Yup,” he said. “Look, if you guys don’t need me, I’d like to be off grounding before the next apocalypse.”
Remy nodded and Shaewn beelined out of the room. Bobby’s room was on the way to the library, which was why it was chosen as a meeting place. This however was news to Bobby.
“We have a library?”
“Shut it, its not funny!” Jubilee practically yelled. Everyone suffering from a hangover, essentially everyone but her and Bobby, glared. “I know Logan, okay? They invented reverse psychology with him in mind! I know he went Bobby, I know.”
“Aieght, we regroup later, shug,” Rogue suggested. “It was a good idea. An’, hell, maybe he did slip in an’ out. But until we figure something’ new? Why don’t we all try to relax an’ enjoy the upcoming holidays. Who knows? Maybe we won’t even have to do much else.”
Kitty nodded as they trouped out, back to their respective beds.
“True. Hey, guess how Ororo got home?” Kitty mentioned. “A taxi she told Betsy. All of those guys begging for her to breathe in their direction and she gets a taxi.”
Jubilee angrily watched as Jean closed the door behind them.
Bobby tried to smile. “Maybe we should just let it g-”
“I’m not giving up Bobby. I never will.”
Bobby nodded, his friend deadly serious.
“In fact I’m not even discouraged. If he didn’t go he certainly spent the whole night thinking about going. The White Charity Ball is the perfect opportunity for them to get a real taste of each other. A taste and a half!”





You must login () to review.