CHAPTER FIVE

Symbols:
*...Italics...*= thoughts
"...." = speaking
(in a phone conversation) ... = a pause for the person on the other side of the line to speak.

Disclaimer: I don't own any rights to any Marvel characters. Please don't sue me, I'm not poor but it reallllllly wouldn't be worth your effort. PLUS, how the hell I'm the only one getting sued up in here????!!!

NOTE TO THA READER: yea I didn’t really see anyone out there reviewing my last chapter so I wasn’t sure if I should continue. *_* so sensitive!!!! Looks like I can write a short chapter cuz this one is way shorter than the others but just as interesting. Watch Jean!!!


“Logan?”

“Urgh?” Logan had been sleeping very deeply in the library that evening. He had come in on the not so discreet prodding of Charles to go and spend some quiet time alone and away from Ororo. There he found a huge pile of different types of books, a roaring fire, and a comfy chair pulled up.
He smiled at the selection chosen; some were on the legal processes of adoption when Scott and Jeannie had been thinking about that option, thousands of different theories on child rearing, and one how-to on communicating our feelings.
He had to give it to that guy. Charlie cared but he didn’t want to be too obvious that he wanted Logan to do something about the lead already.
This need for closure was for a satisfaction in Charles’ curiosity and closure of sanity, if nothing more. The fact was that he hadn’t even thought about that supposed relative since him and Ororo hooked up.

But he had to make sure Ororo didn’t become his life because if she did… he wouldn’t want to ever leave her or have her leave him. How would he get through a mission? Did he even want to try?

*Damn, she can make me wanna quit this rough house livin’?*

That thought struck him like a pipe, mind a ten ton adamantium pipe, but a pipe all the same. He loved his rough house life more than anything, didn’t he?

*Ah can’t love her like a wife…could I?*

He looked at the cover of the books and all he saw was a replacement vision of Ororo and a white haired, gray-eyed baby with soft skin…Argh, Stop It! Ah didn’t mean tah fall for her!!!
He closed his own deep gray eyes.

Scott took this as a dismissal but stood refute. He felt he had to speak Logan out of this …funk… he was in. He wasn’t going to let this man run from his problems. Hell, he probably wouldn’t have felt so strongly, even now, to make Jean understand her love for him if it hadn’t been for the competition of this man. Logan had been Scott’s whip in prodding him to make a life changing decision. He owed Logan this.

*Though she was acting funny these days.*

Brooding, almost; and every time Scott brought it up, Jean claimed it was only menstrual. Yet…yet, something still felt different. They had made love particularly desperately last night. At first he thought it was because they hadn’t had much time while on vacation to actually vacation but later it seemed she was determined to drive something into him…or out of her. Her thoughts were fuzzy though they were still linked through the astral link. He could only sense things, not peer in and share as usual. He hadn’t asked Jean about that; he had been too embarrassed and even now his face reddened in response to the thought.

Logan looked up at the man who used to epitomize all that was irritating in the world. Now that Logan had his and Scott had his, Logan merely saw him as a distraction in his path.
Though it was rather disgusting to watch this next man blush…

“Somethin’ ye wanted?”

Wow, Logan was almost polite! Scott toppled out of his thoughts with shock.

“Yea actually,” Scott chose a footstool lying nearby and sat. He was still a tall man, his eyes only just slightly looking down into Logan’s. “Listen, I heard about Ororo and yourself.”

Logan gave him his patented blank stare that incorporated tiny hints of nonchalance.

“That’s a good thing.” Scott smiled. “She’ll keep you in line.”

Logan continued to stare…at the ceiling, his book, the fire, out the window, and a fly buzzing in the corner. Just because he could hear him didn’t actually mean he had to look like he was paying attention, did he? Or laugh at lame jokes?

“Well, I’m, I’m interested to know how your search is going. Charles you understand, told me because of the fact that I have gone through the same kind of thing. We are oddly alike. What are you reading? Oh, you want to adopt this kid?”

*Oooooooookay .*

That was when it got too weird for Logan. He wasn’t going to talk to Scott about this or have Scott sit here and talk to him about it either.

“Bye, Scott.”

*Wow, I really am becoming really nice.*
He thought as he said something in greeting form before walking out of a conversation. Usually a growl was too kind…

He needed to ask Ororo about some of the terms he had seen.

*Where she at?*

In the hall, he watched the setting sun. It was unusually cold for late September. Down the path, Remy and Rogue carried a broken pumpkin and seemed to be in the middle of a food fight in the oncoming autumn dusk. A closer look revealed Rogue, who was wearing the inhibitor so she couldn’t fly away, running from Remy who would capture her and was stuffing seeds in her hair.
Nowadays, she barely took it off and it only seemed fair since she had years of touching to make up. Logan hoped that the inhibitor brought her nothing but happiness. Deep down, he knew that eventually someone would make a mistake or a realization; and that inhibitor would become her prison instead of her rescuer.
Deeper down, he also knew something about how something made to be evil could become good.

He turned and started sniffing. Ororo, accompanied by Jean, had been in the kitchen a few hours ago but now her scent carried him to the living room. Jean still lay on the couch but Ororo had left an hour ago.

*Maybe downstairs?*

He turned to ask Jean, just to be nice.
“You know where Ororo’s at?”
“Mmm, yes.” She rose onto her elbows. “ Come here and let me talk to you.”
She motioned for him to sit between her legs, the position in which he often received massages from her in. He shrugged his shoulders. He could use one and she seemed tense enough to need to hit something.
Tense since when?
He couldn’t think whenever she started to work his muscles like that. She used her telekinetic powers to use enough pressure to get him purring.
“So how are you?”
“Jeannie, don’t bullshit with me.”
“Okay, how are you and Ororo doing?”
“Good, fantastic, amazing.”
“Oh.”
“Why?”
“I guess I’m just curious like everyone else on how this happened.”
“What?”
“You two.”
Logan cracked his neck bones. That always helped him think. Why would Jeannie lie just now?
“Well, are you two having sex?”
He kept his surprise hidden. He knew Ororo would never reveal that to anyone, except the Cajun who had already accidentally caught them. Actually he had heard the ass coming and hadn’t felt like stopping. He felt bad about that now because Ororo was tense about her and Remy being on the rocks. He should have…but that woman got him in a haze!
“Mmmhm.”
“Are you using protection?”
“Mmmhm,” he smelt discreetly around.

*What the HELL was that SMELL? Because it better not be what he thought it was! Oh, but it was!*

Jean was getting wet touching him! He knew all he’d have to do was peel the layers away and take a lick at the white stuff and she’d scream in happiness. He was surprised that it came that thick already, so easily.
“Mmmhmm,” he rose.
“I’m not done!”
“I gotta find Ororo, remember?” he cupped her chin. “You an’ Scott are doing great as usual?”
She looked away and responded in the positive. He hadn’t really left her a choice.
“Good.” He whispered sexually in her ear (he couldn’t help teasing her and help finishing the job!). “If he ever hurts ya, you know where ta come, don’cha?”
“Uh huh, Ororo I believe went for her private session in the Danger Room.”

She was already in the bathroom and using her hand to help to complete her masturbation before Logan was halfway down the stairs. Perhaps it was the way his muscles played over his bones, his dark thick hair raked over his t shirt rim or even that her hands were playing over his rugged skin but he aroused her deeply as never before. Or maybe just like in the beginning when he was truly dangerous. Once again Logan was dangerous to her.
She dubiously prayed he didn’t know his affect on her.

Perhaps it was because it was the way that the same thing had happened to him, he could somehow pity and love Jean for what was happening to her and her emotions. It was probably more complicated then he’d like to think about. He never wanted to think about how he’d been.

In the Danger Room, Ororo landed her last holographic opponent with an American roundhouse kick and an African-style left boxing jab. It was easy for her to mix the thousand of different worlds of fighting she knew because, in the end, it was all violence. Senseless and destructive it didn’t deserve to be characterized further than easy, moderate, and difficult. Any more thought than that and she would have to remember what all her practice was for in the end.

*Hopefully, my future contains more defending and aiding rather than pointless defeating. I hate to kill. Yet often that is the only way to end these madmen’s constant quests! What would one do with so much power when it is time to lay for the final rest? Offer this truly idiotically crazy serving of suffering and pain to the Mother Earth? She who controls life and death? What is one world? Can’t they see how many are truly out there? Appreciate the dawn madmen, so many never see it.*

Logan’s arms wrapped around her and interrupted her thoughts.
Upstairs, Jean thumped her foot and bit her lip as she was nearly there.
He smiled at her.
“Hey, darlin’ you’re just the one I wanted to see.”
“Oh yes?”
“Yea, darlin’.” He imagine he heard Jean slump against the wall, done. “Yea.”
She smiled.
Somewhere in the back of her mind, she remembered a feeling she had had earlier.
“That’s funny,” she told him as they walked towards the exit together. “Because I have been having the feeling that my friends wished to keep something from me. By not seeing me, they would not have to speak to me about what is on their minds.” She sighed into him, “I feel so very avoided.”

*Scott wants to help me adopt a kid, Jean’s got the hots for me (again), an’ Remy don’ think ahm good enough for ya. Yea, darlin’, you’re smarter than they give ya credit for.*

Outside his mind, Logan smiled reassuringly.

AWW, POOR RO IS SO CONFUSED AND CLUELESS!!! NO ONE TELLS HER ANYTHING!
STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER:
IT’S A TEARJERKER FO’ SURE…
…And you might hate Logan a little!





You must login () to review.