“Isn’t she beautiful,” Jean whispered in his ear while squeezing his hand. He looked down at their joined hands and then back up at the newly married couple and felt his heart break once again. “Yes she does,” he responded with a hint of remorse in his voice.

How did he let this happen? Why did he not fight for Ororo’s heart? She was suppose to be his. He still remembered the day he finally found the courage to tell her that he loved her and had been in love with her from the moment he first saw her. He still remembers the look of uncertainty on her face, after all, she remembered that there was a time when he claimed to love another. Not only did he love Jean, but the only thing that kept him from Jean was her untimely death. He was willing to compete for Jean’s heart, but he was too stupid to fight for Ororo.

He made the biggest mistake of his life when he left Ororo. After Jean came back from the dead he just had to have her, regardless of the consequences. He pushed Ororo aside in the hopes of reclaiming what he thought he wanted. Jean claimed to love him and told him that she wanted a future with him and only him. At the time it was music to his ears. He had won. Jean gave him a chance and he took it, at the expense of losing Ororo. And being who she was, Ororo let him go. That’s why he loved her so much. She always did the honorable thing, even at the expense of her own happiness. He never really felt like he was worthy of her anyway, no matter how many times she tried to tell him otherwise.

At first he was happy because he had Jean, the woman who taught him how to love. But, he still could not get Ororo out of his system. Now that he had had a taste of what life with Ororo would be like, life with Jean paled in comparison. She’s under his skin and he wants her more than he wants to breathe. But he can no longer have her because she has fallen in love with another, even claims that he is her soul mate. He sees he new husband smirking at him. He hated that damn smirk. He wishes he could wipe that smirk off his face, but he know the real reason behind the smirk. He is claiming his victory over him for he has won.

He had won the battle for Jean but lost the war for Ororo. Now look at him, staring at the woman he loves while her new husband possessively keeps his hands on her waist for all to see. He just wanted to rip his face off. He looked at the way that Logan was holding onto Ororo like a precious jewel and once again Scott wanted to punch him in the face. He should be the one waking up to her angelic face every morning for the rest of his life. When Jean returned and once again chose him over Logan he was excited because he thought he had won. He had what they both wanted. He didn’t realize at the time that he was giving up what he truly wanted. In the end, Logan got what they both wanted, Ororo’s heart.





You must login () to review.