Chapter 3

Logan's speed walking soon became jogging and slowly escalated into running; he hadn't even noticed that he was still holding Ororo from how light she was; that is until she whispered “Hey Logan? Can you slow down a bit? You're making me very nauseous," she shut her eyes tightly as the wave passed.

"Oh, sorry babe, I'm tryin’ to get ya to Jean as fast as possible, darlin'," Logan replied not slowing down his speed at all.

"Logan, I am perfectly fine, I feel perfectly fine, and I will be fine, please just let me go to my room, and rest," she pleaded still trying to hide the truth from Logan.

"Sorry, I can't do that; yer well-being is my responsibility. Plus I care about ya too much, ta let ya have to go through somethin’ on your own, and me not knowin’ how ta help ya or get ya through whatever it is that you're going through... I mean, I really, really do lo--”

Logan was cut off by a low whimper of pain coming from Ororo. He looked down at her, she was clutching tightly on to the side of her a tad bit circular midsection. He sped up disregarding Ororo's protests. Logan jumped into the west wing elevator that would leave them directly at the door of the infirmary. Which is where they now stood, Ororo seemed to be quieter, because the pain had become worse, and she didn't want him to hear her.

Logan walked through the automatic doors and entered to see Jean sitting on a doctor chair doing an experiment. Without looking up she greeted "Hello Logan, what can I help you with?"

"Uhh, hey Jeanie, it's actually how you can help us..." Logan replied as he set Ororo down on one of the beds, Jean turned around and looked from Logan to Storm, who had a tear stained face.

"What's going on? What happened? Ro, did you get hurt?" Jean asked, and Ro shook her head no but Jean knew what she meant by that, it meant that she could no longer hide the secret from Logan, and he also had the right to know that...

Logan then spoke up "I found her passed out last night in the kitchen, then during class today, she got woozy and if it weren't for Kitty, she would've completely lost her balance, and then again jus now, she was having trouble breathing, speakin’ and her vision blurred completely, so can you please check her over jus to make sure she's alright, no matter how much she's about to argue wit ya,"

Jean smiled at him, knowing his real thoughts and feelings that he wasn't showing. He was so nervous, worried, concerned and panicked that he might lose her, but little did he know that this trip to see Jean would change his life forever.

"Sure Logan, no problem, let me just take some blood and I'll test it, then let you know what's going on, ok?" Jean suggested while looking at Ororo with knowing eyes.

Logan nodded and Jean proceeded to grab a clean needle, a tube, and a small alcohol pad. She clean Ororo's arm and watched as Logan intertwine his fingers with hers as Jean put the needle in, Logan gave her hand a light squeeze.





You must login () to review.