The Next Day: Fourth Period: History

Logan stood outside of Ororo’s classroom, against the doorframe. He loved the way she taught, she would explain everything so well, and she’d always try and connect it to the students’ life. Inside the classroom, Ororo knew she being watched by Logan, and truly wasn’t bothered by it, she kind of liked it; just as long as Logan didn’t disrupt her class she was fine with it. Though she knew that he knew that if he did, she’d kick his butt.

Ororo stood in front of the class now, away from the board and asked to the class, just to make sure she had made herself clear at this point “Okay, so aside from Giovanni da Verrazano, who else was using the Northwest Passage?”

Several hands shot up and she scanned to see who hadn’t participated yet. “Syrin,” she called.

“Ummm… Jacques Cartier?” Syrin replied trying not to be too loud.

“That’s right!” Ororo encouraged just as another hand went up “Yes Anna?”

“What’s for homework?” she asked softly, as the rest of the class groaned.

Storm chuckled and put her hands up to silence them “There won’t be much to do tonight, I’ll promise you that much. Now for homework you have-” She stopped what she was saying and quickly grasped on to Kitty’s desk for support.

‘Damn it, she’s dizzy again? What the hell is wrong with ya darlin’?’ Logan thought, but stayed put in his spot, and decided only to go in when he thought she would collapse again.

“Miss Munroe, are you okay?” asked Ellie and Kitty just held her instructor’s wrists to keep her from tipping over.

As the wave of dizziness passed, Ororo was finally able to say, even though she felt a bit drained “Yes, I’m fine. Nothing to worry about,” then she mumbled under her breath to herself “Great, now I forgot what I was going to say!” Logan was able to hear this and decided to come inside the classroom, and sat in Ororo’s desk, but she hadn’t noticed yet.

“Oh, why don’t you guys just take the night off?” Ororo finally said in a defeated tone.

Yes’s and awesome(s) were heard as the student’s response. “Ok, you have about ten more minutes left, and we’ve covered everything for this week, and since it’s Friday, you can just relax for a while, speak amongst yourselves,” the words hadn’t left her mouth completely when the class quickly turned around or to either sides and began to talk with their friends.

Storm smiled and walked towards the back of the classroom. She still hadn’t notice Logan, whom was sitting at her desk watching intently her every move. When she got to the back she found herself at Genesis’s desk, Gen looked up and smiled at her. Ororo smiled back and motioned to her ‘You did a good job today.’

Gen responded with a few more hand movements ‘Thank you; I really liked this week’s lesson.’

‘I’m very glad you liked the lesson, how are your powers coming along?’ Storm signed knowing Gen was having some trouble with that.

‘They’re coming along… very slowly. Well I better head off to Mr. Evan’s class before I’m late. Bye,’ Gen gestured back, and began to walk out of the class, as the bell rang.

Ororo signaled a goodbye, and walked to the front as most of her students sped off to lunch. Leaning on one of her student’s desks in the front row, she asked Logan “Hello Logan, what are you doing here?” Sounding a bit more surprised than rude, which the rudeness part was not intended.

Logan replied not wanting to answer her question “I didn’t know ya knew sign language, with all the, ya know…”

“I’ve known for years now... My father… he taught me…” her voice trailed thinking back to the time when she’d beg to be taught sign language, back when she was like 6 years old. She then continued “What are you doing here Logan? I’m sure you’re not here to listen to me tell you how I learned sign language, so spill.”

“I… I uhh… I wanted ta see if ya were okay, feelin’ better than yesterday…” Logan stammered a bit and fumbled for words.

Ororo laughed, making it like music to his ears. Never in her wildest dreams did Storm ever think she’d see ‘THE GREAT WOLVERINE’ so nervous, and in the lost of words for that matter.

“Thank you for worrying about me Logan. I’m hanging in there.”

“What do ya mean ‘Yer hanging in there’? What’s goin’ on? What’s wrong?” Logan asked a bit worried.

“Logan, it’s too many things are going on right now for me to tell you all at once… maybe later, ok? Let’s go get lunch, I’m a bit hungry.” Ororo replied softly as she stood from the desk and walked towards the door, and waited for Logan while he too walked to the door, he stood right in front of her face to face, just inches away from each other.

Logan brought his hand up to her cheek and caressed it gently with the back of his hand, giving her chills that ran down her spine; he asked “what’s goin’ on darlin’?”

Ororo whispered “Nothing,” and put her hand over Logan’s. He then moved his head even closer to hers and she did the same though her insides screamed ‘NO!!!’ but her heart just kept beating ‘YES!!!’

Their lips brushed against each other. But quickly broke apart when they heard a tiny voice screamed, as it ran “Auntie Rowrow! Uncie Lowan! Auntie Rowrow!! Uncie Lowan!” It was little Sienna Skylar Summers.

She was Jean and Scott’s two-year old daughter. Ororo had been chosen to be the godmother, and much to Scott’s protest not to, Logan was chosen to be her godfather. Ororo smiled and looked down at Sie-Sie; while Logan mentally growled at how close he’d come to kissing her, and they get interrupted! What the hell was that?

Storm went to pick her up, like she always did when she saw her, but Logan stopped her. “‘Ro, ya haven’t eaten yet, and ya did get a bit lightheaded before, maybe ya shouldn’t pick her up this time, ya know to be on the safe side.”

“Logan, I’m… Whoa!” She argued, but stopped as she began feeling very lightheaded again.

Logan grabbed hold of her forearm to keep her from losing her balance. He saw as her piercing blue eyes looked much disoriented, and her skin tone much lighter! Sienna stood there looking a bit lost as well, but still understanding something was wrong. Without telling Logan she where she was going, she embarked in her mission to look for her mommy and daddy. ‘This looked like one of those emergencies mommy would ramble on and on about while cleaning my boo-boos.’ She thought.

Back where Logan and Ororo were. Her vision began to blur incredibly, her breathing became very heavy, and the task of speaking became just as hard. He picked up on this, not having a single clue what on earth was going on. “That’s it Ororo, I’m takin’ ya to the infirmary, whether ya wanna or not.”

She shook her head in pure protest, but Logan ignored it, he picked her up bridal style and began to speed walk to the medical wing of the mansion.





You must login () to review.