Chapter 2: Eve's Eve

Later, when evening had turned well into night and the boathouse had quieted down, blue smoke curled towards the ceiling and drifted lazily out of the open bedroom window. Outside snowflakes drifted down sedately in the moonlight, twirled around by the occasional lazy gust of wind.

“She hasn't asked you about what got it wrecked, then?”

Logan grunted what she knew to be a no, taking another drag of his cigar. Ororo ran a lazy hand over his chest, watching it rise and fall steadily under her palm. Life was good in these tranquil little moments they managed to steal here and there... even though the madness of everyday life was intent on following them to bed.

“It's all well an' cute if she has an interest in engines and things that go VROOM, darlin' “ we'll get 'er some magazines and she can forget 'bout them like all the other fads she's been thru. Like the horsey madness,” he said. They both shuddered at the memory.

But that had been over six years ago, Ororo thought, and this was no fad; Kendall wasn't an easily swayed eight-year old any more.

“The day she gets the keys to that piece o' junk is the day I'm cold and buried. An' don't ya go gettin' any smart ideas either, 'Roro,” he said with a growl and threw the cigar stub out of the window. “Can't cozen this one out of me.”

“Smart ideas? Perish the thought, my love,” she said airily as her fingertips danced over his sternum distractedly. “I think we might do well to give her something to tinker with “ that sink surprise she set up last month was quite something I wouldn't like to face first thing in the morning ever again.”

“Should probably get 'er some scrap metal to work on”, he said sagely, scratching his chin. Something was nagging at the back of his mind, something like distant warning bells. "Baby likes ta play, so give her somethin' to fiddle with."

“Capital idea," Ororo said into his ear and murmured, "I'll see what I can find..." It held enough edge to make 'Mary had a little lamb' sound like simple double entendre. Suddenly thought took a back seat in his skull as she nuzzled into the crook of his neck, her hand wandering southwards. Fingernails raked lightly across his belly and then he was kissing her, slow and sweet and deep, turning to lay on his side, arms twining around her. He gave her sinfully full lower lip a teasing nip.

“Told ya no cozening. I know you're tryin'a sway me in this and sweeten' me up”, Logan growled at her, mock-serious. “Won't work, but keep on tryin' by all means, darlin'.” He moved to hover above her, bending to suckle at the pulse point of her throat, entertained as always by the little sounds she made. Ororo arched her back against him and he moved in to kiss her with a grin at the familiarity of this game.

“Hadn't crossed my mind actually”, she said brightly before their lips brushed together, and then she was deftly rolling them over until she crouched on top of him on all fours, at least a dozen little devils dancing in each eye. “In fact, I believe it's you who should be trying to sweeten me up”, she declared with a smirk.

“An' what makes ya think that I'd do such a thing?” he demanded, liking these different steps to their regular dance.

“Oh, well”, she said languorously, her voice dropping an octave as she let her body brush slowly and lightly against his, setting already excited nerve ends on fire, “since you'll be taking off before first light this morning and leaving me here by myself”, she ground down deliciously lightly against his hardness, “you might want to make sure I don't change the locks while you're gone.” She squeezed his shoulders and suckled at his jaw.

“Takes more 'n locks ta keep me away from ya,” Logan chuckled.

“Well, change the locks, make sure your balls freeze off on your little excursion,” she said amiably and smiled at him like a business project executive from Hell. "I've yet to decide."

“Witch," he muttered and got his own lip nipped for his trouble. Hard. He darted up to capture her lips again, then continued his upwards arc slowly until he was sitting up with her straddling his lap, his hands busy kneading her ass and pinching her nipples at the same time.

Logan let his mouth resume its work on her slender neck, the animal inside him purring happily at her small moans and whimpers of surrender as he suckled and bit at the tender skin.

She was ready for him already, the scent of her was flooding his senses and making him just as dizzy as on the first time years ago. Her scent made thought difficult, made it hard to keep from tipping her over and pinning her down, to resist simply fucking her into the mattress then and there without further delay or play. He could have done it, and Ororo would've not minded too much, but the game was on. And on some nights, it was all about the game.

So instead of cutting the chase short he tangled one hand in the hair at the back of her neck and pulled her head gently back, watching her throat arc bare and taut before him, the sinewy strings straining against the smooth skin. Surrender. Somewhere in the back of Logan's skull the beast in him was dancing a mad celebratory Trepak.

Just like the first time. Always like the first time, that same thrill running through him. Not at the fucking itself, but at the trust, the privilege granted without questions asked and in full knowledge of what he was, what lurked inside his mind. She'd never been afraid of him and never turned him away, but he'd never forgive himself if he stopped asking for her permission.

He blew a gentle breath onto the wet, reddened skin of her neck and took delight in the shiver that ran through her. Well, she had wanted sweet, hadn't she? Better deliver as promised.

His other hand wandered down from her hip into her wetness and flicked and pressed and plucked until she was at the brink, murmuring a stream of encouragement in her ear but not bringing her over the edge, instead letting her calm down until he could begin again, slow and yes, sweet.

Twice more - two more times of slow burn, sweet caresses and demanding hands, grounding her even as they lifted her higher, leaving her suspended like a kite on too short a string.

Logan was playing her own game against her, needing to win and to prove himself and his control to her almost as much as his love. He set her pleasure ablaze like cotton soaked in gasoline and banked it in time until Ororo was sobbing and clinging to him, molten against him and hot as a furnace.

He waited her to come to her senses after her last not-quite release, stroking her back and kissing her tenderly as she shook like a leaf. A blush of colour was creeping up from between her breasts towards her cheeks, and small wisps of her hair clung both to her face and his own shoulders where they'd been caught in dripping perspiration.

Sweat pearled at the hollow of her throat and streamed down her cleavage and he bent to lick them up, coming up to kiss her. Logan liked moments like these better than anything: their scents intermingling, her composure crumpling slowly until there was nothing between them but heat. Her pupils were dilated wide and she crushed their lips together with a desperate force, her breathing ragged and heavy.

He wasn't doing much better himself, control-wise “ her scent and sounds were simply too much all at once, and Logan was painfully aware of just how hard he was. A decidedly imperious whimper from her, one that promised death by electrocution if denied, rose from her throat.

Time for my cue then, he mused and rocked his cock against the curve of her ass, seeing her eyes flutter open, sapphire blue catching light at the edges of India black wells. He seized her hips, carpe ilium, and pressed a tender kiss in between her breasts, an odd contrast to his grip that would surely bruise her chocolate skin. She smiled at him, warm and loving and divine, and blood sang in his veins at the sight of her.

Nothing needed to be said and they moved as one creature, Ororo raising her hips and Logan easing into her slowly as she descended excruciatingly slowly on his thick length, leaving the both of them dragging in ragged lungfuls of air when he was finally sheathed to the hilt in her tight heat.

A moment later her hips began a frantic little dance on top of him, trying to get enough friction to be comfortable around his cock. His hands guided her until too much becomes just right and then some, setting up a slow, burning rhythm that was driving them both to insanity. Slow and sweet, like syrup in the mountains...

“Logan, please,” she managed through clenched teeth. She was impossibly tight around him, her heartbeat thrumming in his ears like the sound of rapids in the spring.

“Ya wanted sweet,” he rasped out, half amused and half irritated. “Ya tellin' me to fuck sweet now?”

“No... just fuck me,” she whispered - and that's all it took.

Suddenly the game became a collaborative effort and they were goading each other on, hands, nails and teeth, words streaming past their lips garbled and illogical. They were clinging to each other for dear life, their breath a desperate chant in their ears.

He heard himself whisper a litany of pleas and commands into her ear as she began to shake again and this time he wasn't going to stop her, wasn't going to keep her from taking flight and it was his voice demanding in her ear, come for me 'Ro that's it darlin' let it go let it all go just come for me darlin' oh my fuck fuck woman oh

His teeth found purchase in the crook of her neck as she soared, pulling him with her on the ride over the edge, the both of them flying together into the black, starry skies in a burst of white behind the eyes that could have, should have blinded them both.

When she woke up at dawn, groggy and sore from last night, he was already gone. She rolled over in bed to find a sprig of lingonberry, heavy with frostbitten bounty, pinned to his pillowcase with a note.

Ro
Hope you slept well
Sorry bout the mess beforehand
Bakeapple pie in the storeroom fridge
Keep the kiddies out of there
Left you some of that mulled wine in the pantry
Will be home for Christmas
Logan


Ororo gave a fond snort at the lack of punctuation, then dragged herself into a quick shower. The lingonberries were melting against the roof of her mouth as she conjured up gentle summer rain to wash off the night before, a soft smile dancing on her lips.

That... man!





A/N: Well? Did you like it? Drop me a line and gimme some sugar. :)





You must login () to review.