He watched her for a moment as she washed the dishes and just allowed himself to relax. The sun cast a golden ray across her glowing skin making his heart skip a beat as he watched her. The small bulge that was their second child peaked from beneath his oversized flannel and made his heart swell with love and pride as he continued silently watching her.

He hadn’t made love to her yet, since he’d returned that is, but he planned on it. First, though, he had to hold her. Just hold her in his arms. His wife. His best friend. The mother of his children. An idea clicked into place in his mind and he slipped silently backward into the dim living room.

He gently searched through the stacks of CD’s until he found the one he was looking for. He gently blew off the dust and walked over to the surround sound five disk player. He could hear her turn off the water in the kitchen and snatch a paper towel from the roll as she finished the dishes. He gently inserted the disk, turning the knob all the way to the right, before pressing play.

“Hello, love. How did you sleep?” she asked of him in a gentle voice. Her eyes holding nothing but warmth and love for the man before her as she gazed at him.

“Better than I have in weeks darlin’.” he said just high enough for her to hear him. He took slow steady steps in her direction as he heard the disk click into place.

“What are you doing sneaking around the house?” her voice more playful than curious.

“Dance with me Ro’.” he whispered as he got close enough to pull her towards him. She looked at him with a brow raised as the song began to lightly flow from the large speakers.

These arms of mine
They are lonely, lonely and feeling blue

He gently rapped one arm around her waist and lifted the other to rest around her upper spine. She followed suit and wrapped one long arm around his bulky neck and into his hair while the other sat against his chest so that her hand rested gently on his shoulder. They began to sway as the song continued.

These arms of mine
They are yearning, yearning from wanting you

“I love you, Logan. My husband. My friend.”

And if you would let them hold you
Oh, how grateful I will be

“Love you too, Ro’" he whispered into the crook of her neck. They continued to sway gently as the song filled the room with a loving feeling.

These arms of mine

They are burning, burning from wanting you
These arms of mine
They are wanting, wanting to hold you

Neither acknowledged the small head peaking around the corner into the living room. The small child watched with great interest as her parents swayed and as her father twirled her mother around. She smiled as she watched them kiss and mumble to each other. She tip-toed away from them as quietly as she could, she could say hi to her father later.

And if you would let them hold you
Oh, how grateful I will be
Come on, come on baby
Just be my little woman, just be my lover, oh
I need me somebody, somebody to treat me right, oh
I need your woman's loving arms to hold me tight
And I...I...I need...I need your...I need your tender lips

They shared a knowing smile as they’re daughters white curls disappeared from the doorway and as she tried not to make noise as she snuck away. She kissed him then. Not a rushed lust filled type of kiss but a slow knowing one, filled with passion and tenderness. They walked hand and hand to their bedroom and made sure to lock it behind them, lest their daughter change her mind about leaving them be.





You must login () to review.