Holy shit!

"STORM!!" Logan ran break neck speed towards the woman. He forcefully pushed the gate open and knelt beside her. He looked off into the distance for the car he had heard.

Nothing...

Anger began to consume him as he looked over Ororo. Her whole right arm was covered in blood and her breathing was troubled.

Not good.

“Peter!” Logan called for the tall Russian mutant. A few seconds passed until he made himself visible. Peter ran down near the gate to where Logan was crouched over.

“Logan, what is it?” Peter asked, not yet aware of Ororo.

When Logan moved to the side to reveal the weather witch‘s form, Peter gulped, “Oh my God…”

Logan’s reply was full of worry and anger, “Call Hank! NOW!”

Peter nodded and ran back into the mansion. Some of the older students came to inquire him as he used Ororo’s office phone to contact Beast.

Kitty was the first to ask him, “Pete, what’s going on?” Marie, Bobby, and Jubilee all had copied expressions of fear.

Peter adjusted the phone so he could answer them, “It’s Storm. She’s hurt. Outside with Logan,” was all he could say before Hank’s voice came on the other end of the line.

The foursome raced out of the room, leaving Peter in a frantic conversation with Beast.

When they reached the garage, Logan was already jogging up the driveway with Ororo in his arms. Marie and Kitty gasped simultaneously.

“Holy crap…” Jubilee muttered, completely at a loss for other words.

Rogue clutched Bobby’s arm, tears springing from her eyes, “Logan…what happened to her?”

Bobby wrapped his arms around his girlfriend protectively. Kitty and Jubilee watched as Logan made his way closer to them, carrying their beloved headmistress.

They all followed him into the mansion where he began to break into a sprint to the elevator. The whole ride down into the lower levels was deadly silent, except for Ororo’s uneven breaths.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, everyone followed Logan closely into the infirmary.

The moment Ororo’s head touched the pillow, Colossus rushed in.

Logan looked at him with stubborn impatience, “Where the hell’s Beast?”

“On his way. He said to monitor her the whole time until he gets here.”

Logan nodded then turned his attention to the other teens in the room, “Rogue, Kitty, I need ya t’tell the others that the movie’s cancelled…don’t tell them why.” The two girls nodded solemnly and left the room.

“What about me?” Bobby asked, wanting to help any way he could.

“Make a security check ‘round the mansion. Whoever did this to her,” He motioned to Ororo, “might still be out there. I wanna make sure they don’t hurt any of the other kids,” He looked at Colossus, “Pete, go with him.”

“Right.” Bobby and Peter made their exit, leaving Jubilee the only teenager left with Logan.

Logan looked up at her, “What’re you still doin’ here?”

“Y’never gave me anything to do.” Jubilee said with a slight hint of the obvious.

It took him a few seconds to come up with something.

“Wait for Beast. Tell me when he gets here. Got it?”

Pop!

Jubilee’s bubblegum resounded throughout the metallic room.

“Got it.” And she was gone.

Logan waited to listen for her retreating footsteps until he returned his attention to the white-haired woman who lay before him. His first instinct was to check to see if there were any more cuts besides the visible one on her cheek. Her right arm sleeve was soaked in blood.

There’s a good start… Logan thought with slight humor, but he forcefully pushed it back down.

He walked over to the cabinets on the other side of the infirmary and searched for a small cloth to wipe the blood from her cuts. He found one and ran it under the warm water of the sink beneath the cabinets. Squeezing the excess water, so the cloth would not drip, Logan looked behind his shoulder to check on Ororo.

She lay there, occasionally moaning softly in her native tongue. The back of her head was now covered in the offensive red liquid, blotting out some of her snow colored hair.

He stopped the running water by a twist of the sink’s knob and quietly made his way to Ororo’s side. Sitting down on one of the small stools near the infirmary bed, Logan hastily began wiping her face. The smell of her blood was driving him over the edge. She moaned something incoherent as the warm cloth touched her skin, but Logan paid no attention, focusing only on the task at hand. Ororo quieted down when he repeated strokes across her neck and fell into a dreamless sleep.

He finished cleaning her cheek and inspected the clean cut across her usually immaculate cocoa flesh. It was neither deep, nor would leave a scar, Thank God… but it screamed willful abuse.

The pillow, now blood stained, was slightly adjusted so Logan could cup the back of her neck in his hand. He carefully brought his hand forward so she was sitting partially straight. There was some blood lingering about her hair, but not as much as Logan expected. He smoothed the material across the back of her head, but stopped when he felt a small bump.

I’ll make sure Hank’ll check that out… He thought absentmindedly, and as if she were a porcelain doll, he rested her head back down on the pillow.

Logan hesitantly got up so he could rinse out the cloth which had seen better days. He ran it under the warm water for the second time, wringed out Ororo’s blood, replaced the cloth under the sink, and took long strides back to the weather witch.

Logan feared how much of a beating her arm had taken, considering the amount of blood that pooled on her right side. He slowly unbuttoned her midnight jacket and worked it around her torso until it finally came off. He tossed it in a nearby trashcan, knowing that Ororo wouldn’t want a torn and semi-bloody jacket. He examined her arm.

“Shit,” he muttered quietly. From the base of her shoulders down to mid bicep, a red streaked gash was made present. He soaked the cloth around her injured limb then in the crimson puddle at her side.

Logan grazed his fingers lightly down her arm to her wrists, which were savagely bruised. His eyes trailed to Ororo’s tank top covered abdomen. The cream-colored material had remained its regular hue. No scarlet intrusion there, but it still wouldn’t hurt to look.

His hands trailed under Ororo’s top and he slowly pulled it up, stopping just before the lower curved outline of her breasts, revealing several large severe bruises across her ribs and stomach.

Seeing her dainty exposed abdomen treated so crudely, Logan made a silent promise to himself to rip the dick off whatever bastard had done this to her.

Who would have the fuckin’ nerve to piss her off? Logan thought to himself. There was the other thing that confused him, why hadn’t she used her powers for defense? Was she unable to?

Before Logan had the chance to answer the questions that rushed through his head, he heard Jubilee’s panting breath accompanied by the opening swish of the metallic infirmary door.

“Mr. McCoy just got here,” she said, then took a moment to rejuvenate her lungs, “He’s on his way down right now.”

Logan nodded, and before he could reply, the teen asked him quickly, “Can I do anything else?”

He admired the bright spirit and willingly helpful nature in Jubilee. He remembered one occasion, one of those rare moments when he and Ororo weren’t arguing, when she had told him of Jubilee’s personality.


“She really looks out for them,” Ororo said to him, watching Jubilee, “Last night, she volunteered to put the younger ones to bed while I finished grading some papers.”

Logan gave a half nod with no response while Ororo rolled her eyes at his lacking communication skills.

They were all standing in the Danger room, which had taken up the appearance of a mountainous range. Logan and Ororo were in the monitor room watching the younger X-men slowly climb a steep cliff. No powers were allowed, much to Bobby’s frustration, since he could easily elevate them to their objective with one of his ice pillars. Logan made sure there was no cheating involved in his created sessions. He modified every detail to make sure there would be a number of challenges they could face.

After a few moments of silence, Logan finally responded to Ororo’s comment, “You could trust her with a lot an’ she’d pull through.”

A small, throaty laugh escaped her lips, “Yeah, everything except her homework.” They continued watching the teens in complete silence after that.


Jubilee tapped her foot impatiently as she watched Logan stare into space, “It’s a simple question, Wolvie.”

She adopted Logan as “Wolvie” although he had no positive comment to give her when she had first addressed him as that. It took a month or two finally grow on him as his permanent and personal name for Jubilee and it was reserved for her and her only.

The use of his nickname roused him out of his memory, “Go help the others upstairs with the kids, then go t’bed.”

Jubilee nodded then looked at Ororo, “Is she gonna be alright?”

Logan thought for a moment, “Yeah, kid. She’ll be okay…now go.”

She rolled her eyes, adding sarcastically as she walked out of the room, “Yes, dad.

Logan shook his head while a hint of a grin invaded his features. The girl was growing on him, no matter what he did, about as much as Rogue had when he first found her huddled in the back of his truck.

Henry soon entered, seconds after Jubilee had made her exit. Logan let out the small, figurative, breath he had been holding.





You must login () to review.