"You wanna do what?!" Marie, Kitty and Jubilee yelled simultaneously.

"Can ya get the kids together and rile 'em up for a movie or not?" Logan asked impatiently and desperately at the same time.

There goes my ego...

The sad truth was, the students never wanted a movie night. Logan just wanted to use "going out to get some popcorn" as an excuse to go to a bar. Now, he actually had to organize the damn event before Ororo got back.

And the trio of teenage girls was his only hope of getting that accomplished.

"Why can't Storm just do it?" Marie asked.

"She's gettin' the popcorn."

The three girls exchanged mischievous glances, bad news for Logan.

"We want payment." Jubilee stated.

He let out a frustrated sigh and pulled out his wallet.

"Fifteen." He said, pulling out three five dollar bills.

"Twenty-five."

"Twenty!"

"Thirty!"

"Fine!" What the hell?

"Each."

"No way!"

Marie shrugged, "Sorry, Can't help ya. Let's go..."

Shit!

"Dammit. Here.” And he kissed the precious ninety dollar bills goodbye, “Now help me out."

"Thanks, Logan! C'mon, I saw the boys playing video games down the hall! They'll help us." Kitty said as they put the money in their pockets. Marie waved back at Logan as she was being pulled by Jubilee.

"Bye, Logan! See ya later!"




Ororo looked up and down the snacks aisle for the popcorn. Since Logan wasn't sure what flavor to buy, she decided to get plain, caramel, and cheddar-cheese.

"Ha. There you are." She said triumphantly, picking out three family-sized bags of popcorn.

Now let's see what else did we need...Peter was saying we didn't have any milk and--huh?

She turned around swiftly, seeing a trace of a jacket fly around the corner of her aisle.

Hnh. Oh well.

Her street instincts kicked in automatically though, so she just decided to keep her guard up.

Heading into the dairy section to get some milk, Ororo made a mental count of how much she would actually need. She put the gallons of milk in her cart and headed towards the cash register.

This time she swore somebody was following her.

Becoming thoroughly suspicious, she tried playing along. She decided to go up and down several aisles randomly, hoping to confuse her follower.

It worked.

She saw a man wearing a brown leather jacket, non-transparent sunglasses and a hat tipped over his head, covering part of his face. She gave him a haughty 'I-caught-you-now' look. Suddenly, the man pulled out a walkie-talkie and ran out of the store. Alarmed, Ororo quickly made her way through the check out register and into the parking lot. Once she got to her car, she put the cart aside and grabbed her purse so she could get her keys. She glanced at her watch.

Five-thirty…I better get home soon…

She thought she heard footsteps behind her and quickly spun on her heel. It was the same man who had been following her in the store. He was walking towards her with a gun in his hand...pointed at her. Her purse fell to the ground. Before she had time to react, two sets of large hands grabbed her. One pair clamped over her mouth while the other effectively twisted her wrists behind her back.

Ororo tried let out a shriek of pain but was stopped by a blow to her stomach. She winced but was determined not to give up. The heel of her boot found its way to the stomach of the mysterious man who was keeping her mouth shut. He groaned in pain but didn't release her.

She tried a multitude of approaches, saving her powers for a large storm as her last attack. She was still fully aware of the man with the gun. He had not shot her, just simply watched her struggle as his teammates gradually extinguished her energy.

And, hell, was it working…

Ororo was beginning to tire quickly. Just as she was about to unleash her elemental fury, one of the men threw her to the ground and she hit her head on the edge of the curb.

The man with the gun stood over her. He delivered a sharp kick to her side.

"Take her to the alley, boys."

Her eyes drooped close as her subconscious mind took over her.

"Logan..." she whispered before she seeped into darkness.




Marie searched up and down through the hallways for Logan. With the combined forces of Kitty, Jubilee, Jimmy, and a very reluctant Bobby, she and her friends had finally got most of the children in the T.V. room ready, and waiting for a movie night. The only problem was that Storm had not returned yet. The older students were worried and Logan didn't even know she was still gone.

Marie searched Logan's room, unsuccessful. That only left one other place she knew Logan would be.

The Danger Room.

Or, more often referred to as: Logan's Hideout.

She anxiously entered the lower levels of the mansion, hoping that Logan had some sort of plan to find Ororo. Turning towards the Danger Room's entrance, Marie boldly entered his program.

The doors hissed open, revealing an exotic jungle. Trees towered over her like monsters, vines connected to each one in so many directions you could barely tell one vine from the other. A thin mist circled the entire area, leaving Marie blind in the technical illusion. She could hear monkeys chattering, birds squawking, snakes hissing and many other animals.

"Logan!" she called out, hoping he was somewhere near her.

"End sequence: 312-B, Wolverine." The Danger Room's metallic interior replaced the exotic illusion. Logan was a few yards ahead of Marie, wiping off beads of sweat with his discarded shirt. He walked up to her.

"What are ya doin' here, kid? Ya know it's dangerous to come in when I'm workin'."

He reached Marie. He noted the anxious look on her face and asked her straight forward.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Storm. What time did she tell ya she'd be back?" she said quickly.

"Six. Why?" He asked almost hesitantly.

"Logan, its seven-thirty! What if somethin' happened to her!" Marie cried out worriedly. She saw Logan's expression change from non-caring to full alert. He stomped out of the Danger Room, grabbed one of his own shirts from his locker and headed towards the elevator, Marie hot on his heels the whole time.

"I'll wait outside." Logan said flatly, "Just keep the kids calm. I'm sure she's fine."

Marie ran out of the elevator once its doors clicked open, obeying his orders. Logan headed outside, and waited in the driveway, hoping that nothing had happened to the school's headmistress.




Darkness. Noises. From where? Something cold beneath her. What was it? It felt like stone. Ororo slowly opened her eyes.

Everything was a blur.

She tried remembering what had happened to her, but her headache would allow no access to that particular area.

Damn it.

She shrugged it off as her vision cleared.

The first thing she felt was a stinging sensation in her right arm. She slowly, almost painfully, turned her head so she could find out why. Her eyes widened as she saw her arm covered in blood. A massive headache shot through her, as she remembered her encounter in the parking lot. Her wrists were bruised and she had a cut in the back of her head, accompanied by that headache.

Probably when I hit the curb. She concluded.

The only thing she was unsure of was her arm.

Was I cut? I don't remember…


Looking around, she noticed she was in a dark alley, lit only by moonlight. She steadied herself on her good arm and sat against the cold wall behind her. Dumpster's were well hidden by the darkness, and she could faintly make out figures huddled beside them...watching her.

"She's up!" one man said, startling her from her musings. Three men approached her, one with a flashlight shining too brightly in her face. She blocked the light with her left hand and managed to slowly get on her feet.

"Wh-What do you want?" She said slowly, still trying to recover from the whole incident.

A man roughly pushed her back to the ground.

"Damn mutie..." He muttered.

Ororo was still trying to gather the facts as another man kicked her in the ribs. She winced, but did not cry out. These men, whoever they were, would get no more satisfaction. The men surrounding her laughed and mocked her bitterly, throwing a series of punches across her body. She managed to shock one of the men when they touched her hand, and half-smiled when they drew back in pain.

"Mutant bitch!" He spat at her. Once he recovered, he slapped her across the face, his wedding ring caused a large cut on her left cheek.

The bright light that had been blinding her was put down. The man who had been stalking her emerged from the shadows and cupped her chin roughly with his hands so she would face him.

"We're not gonna kill ya this time. So watch out. We know who you are and we all hate ya." The words hissed out of his mouth slowly, engraving fear in Ororo.

"We'll drop ya off at your damn mutie home. But next time we see ya, we'll make sure your taken care of." With that he snapped his fingers and Ororo was knocked from the back of the head. Once again, falling into a dark abyss of unconsciousness.




Logan paced back and forth in the mansion's driveway, becoming worried that something actually happened to Storm. It was already 8:00 and he had no idea where she was. Did she get in a car crash? He dismissed the thought quickly, before the image even finished forming in his mind. No. She was a skilled driver. Hell, she was a skilled pilot. A crash was probably the last thing that would have happened to her.

But what? What's takin' her so damn long? Didn't she say she'd be--

SNIKT!

He heard an engine running from outside the gates. She was back.

SNAKT!

Logan's claws retracted as he heard a car door slam shut.

Why didn't she come through the gate? Logan thought as he heard something hit the road.

The vehicle quickly drove away. His enhanced hearing picked up a faint moan.

Storm.

Logan broke into a run for the entrance gate, the anticipation fueling his energy. He stopped dead in his tracks as he saw Ororo's bloodied form lying limp at the edge of the gate.





You must login () to review.