Ororo and Logan sat together in the study watching the flames in the fire place lick the wood, listening to the wood break and crackle under the heat. She had a coffee table book in her lap, about Egyptian history through photos “ her fingers turned the pages but her eyes were no where near looking at the breath taking landscapes.

Logan just sat and watched the flames, feeling the heat giving off in the fire place. Every so often he’d look at Ororo and his heart would beat wildly like a drum kit in a tribal nu-metal band. He realized the flames made her platinum hair look almost Orange; he has been thinking about his fellow team mate recently; more often then not, and more then a friend and a team mate. His voice broke the silence ‘Hey ‘Ro?”

“Hmm?” she set the coffee table book down on the near by coffee table and she looked at Logan, as best as she could from the angle she was sitting at.

“I was thinking?”

“About what?”

He walked over the fire place, trying to find his words; she joined him, putting her hand on his shoulder waiting for her friend to speak. “Wanna get married?’

She was taken a back; not sure how to answer, not sure if she should laugh or shock him with a bolt of lightening to see if she was dreaming “Umm...Repeat that?”

“Marry me?”

Her hands found his face, his whiskers from the five o’clock shadow tickled the palm of her hand “Logan...I...we haven’t even gone out on a date.”

He shrugged “I know how I feel, I don’t need to eat dinner with you at a fancy restaurant with a guy telling me what wine to drink with what food “ I eat dinner with you every day. Besides, what do I need to know about you...Other than you complete me, Ororo?”

Ororo grinned, Wolverine had a point; they worked together for so long, there was not a whole lot they needed to know about each other; that a date would cover anyway “you don’t even know my birthday, Logan.” She chuckled.
Logan shrugged and took her face in his hands “I have a life time of wrong guesses to figure it out. Besides, I know other important stuff.”

“Oh?” her blue eyes sparkled with amusement and curiosity “I’m all ears.”

“I know your favorite romantic comedy is ‘The American President’ with Michael Douglas in it, cause it reassures you that know matter how busy you get; no matter how little time you think that you have for love, you can always find it.
But, you’d more then likely watch a horror movie with the lights off with a friend, because it gives you a chance to cuddle on the couch “ especially when it’s with Hank because you like the smell of his aftershave. And, you like how soft his fur is.” He breathed “We could have three different kinds of cheese in the fridge and whenever you make an omelet you always prefer the Kraft Singles because that’s how your mom used to make it before she died. You like your coffee black no sugar -- it’s okay though because you are sweet enough “ you always sneeze in groups of threes, but its groups of four whenever the Cajun cooks with Cayenne pepper. I know the only time that you are truly comfortable on riding in the plane is if you are unconscious or sedated, but the team refuses to sedate you. I know that the one time you did fall asleep on the plane you fell asleep on my shoulder, and you smelled of Cardamom and cinnamon and, my arm fell asleep but, it was okay because you were there and I didn’t want to wake you. “

Her eyes were filling with tears “you really know all of that stuff about me?”

He nodded “and more, would you like me to go on?” she shook her head ‘no.’ “’Ya see, Ro, I know all the little things about you...Like you don’t bake cakes anymore, because the first time you tried to here in the U.S you burnt it “ and it was Chuck’s birthday cake, but he ate it anyway cause you worked all day on it. I know all the little stuff. I just want an eternity with you to learn all the big stuff.” He shrugged.

Ororo leaned in and kissed him; quickly, softly, a closed mouth peck “ it was their first kiss and she made him feel like he was a child all over again, she touched her forehead to his “that was probably one of the most romantic things anyone has ever said to me, Logan. But, marriage? Perhaps we should go on a date first.”

Logan shrugged “If you would wanna.”

She thought, she wasn’t sure what to say, how to respond “What is the worse that can happen, if we get married?”

“We can get a divorce? It won’t be so terrible.”

“It could be the best thing we ever did. “

He shrugged again “’could be.”

“Okay. I’ll marry you, Logan.”

“Really?” he wrapped his arms around her waist and nuzzled her; she threw her head back and let him have access to her neck.

“Really.”

He traced kisses across her jaw, and when he got to her ear he whispered “May First.”

She pulled back, her blue eyes searched his brown ones “what?”

“May first, that’s your birthday isn’t it?” She kissed him hard on the lips and chuckled in between smiles and kisses, she was finding it difficult to nod ‘yes.’





You must login () to review.