Ororo`s pov

Luke and I dated about a year before I broke it off. He coughed me as I was trying to pick-pocked some tourist. I rarely get coughed considering all my years of experience but when I do, its not pretty.

I guess it all happened the moment he grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. He was just about to yell at me when he’s brown eyes locked with my blue ones. He’s features immediately softened as my breath coughed and the fear slowly started leaving my heart. We stared at each other in what felt like forever. I just couldn’t stop looking at him. Deep brown eyes, long dark hair, full lips and perfect body to top it all up. I think we would stay like that if it wasn’t for he’s partner who interrupted us by asking is everything okay, I believe he’s name was Nathan. Instead of telling him what happened, Luke told he’s partner that it was nothing just a misunderstanding but that he still needed me to give him my name and address or phone number and I was just so happy to oblige, so he wrote down my first and last name and my cell number (yes, I actually do have my own cell, bought not stolen). He called me the same day and we went on a date which turned into dates and soon relationship. Soon after that, covering up for me and getting my ass outa trouble became a habit for him. I knew how to cover my tracks well but Like is smart he always could put two and two together and figure everything out even if the other cops couldn’t. He is the most honorable and dedicated officer I’ve ever seen so I knew that covering up for my crimes was slowly starting to kill him inside coz it went against everything he believed in. It was the last straw when they almost coughed him while helping me out and he almost got trounced out of the police. I had to brake it up. I could never live with myself knowing that he ruined he’s life because of he’s love for me. I still believe I made the right decision no meter how much it hurt at the time and I know that he knows it was the right thing to do as well. We split up under friendly terms and promised we’ll always be there for each other.

I need he’s help now, but here I am, standing in front of he’s office for the past ten minutes not having the courage to knock. Ok, here it goes, you can do it girl! And here comes Nathan just as I summoned enough courage in me.

Nate: Hey! Are you lost, because you’ve been standing here some time now

Me: No, I’m not…

Nate: Hey aren’t you Bish`s ex-girl? What was your name again…? Aurora, maybe?

Me: To answer your first question, yes I am he’s ex. To your second question the answer is no. My name is Ororo.

Nate: Oh yea, Bish sometimes talked about you I think we even met few times. Um… sorry bout your name, I forget stuff sometimes.

Me: Don’t worry about it, happens all the time. Even Luke had trouble remembering it when we first met.

Nate: Really?

Me: Yea, why do you think he called me `Ro or baby all the time? (I smile at him)

Nate: Oh man, I predict lot of teasing on Bish`s account!

He said that with such excitement that he reminded me of a kid with a new toy.

Me: Do you always have to give him such a hard time?

Nate: Yup.

He laughs and gets in Luke`s office. Luke has he`s back turned to us so he didn’t see me come in after Nate.

Nate: Hey partner! I’m back, missed me?

Bishop: No.

Nate: Aww, how sweet! I missed you too buddy!

Even if he does act very childish, Nate is a really great cop, dedicated to he’s job. Even Lukas himself told me that in few occasions. He has great respect for the man no meter that Nate gets on he’s last nerves. He even conceders him as friend although he’ll never admit it out loud.

Bishop: Why don’t ya shut up, sit down, eat your doughnuts and let me do my damn job!?

Nate acts like he didn’t hear him.

Nate: Guess who I ran in today.

Bishop: I don’t care.

Nate: Well that person wants to talk to you now.

Bishop: Tell` am I’m busy.

Nate: I don’t think you want to tell this person off…

Bishop: Don’t tell me what I want!

He said that whit he’s back still turned to us, anger and frustration evident in he’s voice. Nate makes a face showing that he’s thinking. Now he suddenly started smiling. Looks like he toughed of something.

Nate: Ok, have it your way. (he turns towards me) You heard him. He doesn’t want to see you. I’m sorry, goodbye, um… (he whispers) Aurora, no… Rebeka, no… Rora, no… Merlin, no…

He looks at me whit questioning eyes, silently pleading me to help him out while he is desperately trying to remember my name.

Me: (I whisper to him) Ororo.

Nate: ORORO!

He said my name loudly when he finally got it right and than he winked at me.

Bishop: Wait! What?

He turned so fast that he slipped on some papers he dropped while working and he bumped on the flour.

Bishop: SHIT!

Nate and I ran to him in an instant.

Nate: Hey man are you hurt?

Me: Lukas are you alright?

I ask worry written all over my face.

Bishop: Just peachy…

Nate: Let me help you up.

Bishop: I’ve got it.

He gets up and gives me a little hug.

Nate: Wow! You actually allow physical contact with another human being? Hallelujah dude!

Bishop: Shut up Nate and get outa here!

Nate: This is my office too you know. You can`t just kick me out whenever you feel like it.

Bishop: Oh really now? Wanna test that theory?

Me: (I cut him off) What Luke mean is if we can have little privacy. Its been long time since we last saw each other and we have some catching up to do…

Nate: Oh, ok. See you later than.

He leaves. Like looks at me strangely.

Bishop: How did you do that?

Me: Do what?

Bishop: Make him go away so quickly. It takes me all day to get that guy out of the room.

Me: It’s called politeness, look it up, its right next to friendliness.

Bishop: Funny. Well what brings you here `Ro? I haven’t seen you since… Um, how have you been?

Me: If you’re asking bout health and emotional status than good, otherwise bad. You?

Bishop: (He laughs) Good, in all three levels. Now tell me what do you need.

Me: Why do you think that I need anything? Can’t I just come to visit an old friend?

Bishop: Nope.

Me: And why the hell not?

Bishop: First of all, you’re Ororo Munroe. You don`t go to places you don’t like just to visit ‘old friend’ and the police station you definitely don’t like. Now spit it out. What do you need?

I hate it that he knows me so well.

Me: Fine. Now that we stated who I am. Remember those four guys you arrested yesterday?

Bishop: Yea, what about them? Wait how the heck do you know bout that?

Me: I was near by. Well I kind of need you to bail them out…

Bishop: What? `Ro they tried to steal a car! Wait. Don’t tell me. They’re your new business associates. I’m tired of cleaning after your messes! I know I said that I’d be always here for you and God knows I meant it but this is too much!

Me: I’m not asking you to cover up anything for me! (I snapped)

Bishop: Than what is it that you are asking of me `Ro?

Me: They shouldn’t be in jail. They did nothing wrong.

Bishop: Nothing wrong!? I just told you they…

Me: (I cut him off again) Yea, yea, I know tried to steal a car. That’s just the thing, they didn’t try to steal it, they tried to get it back.

Bishop: I don’t follow.

Me: You got time?

Bishop: What for?

Me: Because in order to understand what I’m telling you, you have to hear out the whole story, and it’s a long one.

Bishop: I can make time. Start talking.

Me: Yesterday morning I went for a spin with my car. I drove few miles out of the city when it broke down and I ended up in the middle of nowhere. I didn’t have any tools or anything so I couldn’t fix it.

Bishop: How’d you get back?

Me: I was getting to that part. As I was saying my car broke down so I took my backpack, I swear I should totally start carrying tools with me. Seriously, people today make such junks of cars, you always have to be afraid if it you’ll end up somewhere or crush in a tree or something. And you have to know how to fix your car, I mean…

Bishop: `RO!

Me: WHAT?

Bishop: Get on with the story.

Me: Oh, anyway, I walked couple of miles but I got tired of it so I started hitchhiking.

Bishop: Hitchhiking? Do you know how dangerous that is?

Me: Yes I do, now let me finish my story. I was standing there in the middle of the road in hours waiting for someone to pick me up. Just when I was about to give up my luck changed. An expensive car stopped and the driver offered me a ride, well there were actually four guys.

Bishop: You mean?

Me: Exactly. They were lost so I helped them find the right road to Vegas. When we got there, well here, we stopped in front of the hotel they were supposed to stay at…

Bishop: Supposed?

Me: They never really got the chance to because I snatched their wallets.

Bishop: You what?

Me: When we got out of the car I hugged them pretending that I was very grateful but I just did that to rob them. After I made sure they entered the hotel and couldn’t see me I told the bellboy that the owner of the car gave the keys to that I forgot something important in it and I persuaded him into giving me the keys.

Bishop: What did you forget?

Me: Thought you were smarter than that, c’mon think. What could I possibly forget?

Bishop: Nothing! You stole their car!

Me: (I smile) See? I knew you were smarter than that. Well, I couldn’t resist taking it for a spin. After some driving I stopped at a Café not too far from the hotel. Very stupid mistake on my side because when I was leaving I felt like I was being watched. I always trust my instinct so I turned my head around to see if someone was really watching me and it turned out my instinct was right. Those four guys I robbed were passing near by the Café and when they saw me the tried to catch me. I barely escaped by lock-picking the back door of another Café. So when they couldn’t find me they decided to at least get their car back but they didn’t have the keys so they tried to break in. You know the rest.

Bishop: So what you’re trying to say is that the car really belonged to them and I arrested them for no reason?

Me: Exactly. Look I’m not asking you to look through my fingers this one more time or to let me off the hook. I’m asking you to let innocent men out of jail. You do have a policy, I quote “We`d rather allow hundred guilty men to walk out than to put one innocent man in jail and forever deny him his freedom by making him pay for crimes he did not commit.” So what do you say?

Bishop: Look `Ro its not that I don’t believe you, but do you have a prove to back up your story?

Me: I knew you’d ask that so I brought this.

I give him the wallets and driving license of the guys.

Bishop: I guess this is a prove enough. They’ll be out soon.

Me: Thank you Lukas.

I smile at him again. Guess this is it, the day I go in lock up for good…

Bishop: One more thing `Ro before you go.

Me: Yes?

Bishop: I’ll let you off the hook this last time as an award for coming clean to me and actually doing something good and helpful. Just don’t let it be the last time.

Me: Wow! You’re really letting me go?

Bishop: Yea, you’re free as a bird. But what I can’t figure out is WHY you came clean to me, you never cared bout the consequences of your actions before…

Me: Honestly Luke? I don’t even know my self. Maybe I just started caring. I really have to go now, thank you for everything again.

I go to him and we hug one last time before I leave.

Bishop: No problem kiddo, just try and stay out of trouble. Next time I might not be there to save your ass.

Me: I’ll try. Bye!

Bishop: Bye. Oh and `Ro…

Me: Yes Luke?

Bishop: Take care.

Me: I will. (I give him half smile) I always do.

With that I leave, my mind full with thoughts of Logan and of what I just did. I’m definitely loosing it.





You must login () to review.