I ain`t ever been ta jail fer anything but driving in drunk state and I hope this ain`t gonna go in my file, my parents would kill me, well my step-dad will. I can hear am even here tellin me what fucking idiot I am, not quite in those words but that`s what he means, and my mom defending me and saying that everyone makes mistakes and that I did nothin wrong. They won`t say anything ta Creed, according ta them he was just along fer the ride. Creed, Gumbo and I have all been in jail before but this is Slims first time so you can imagine how he`s takin it. He`s the kind of guy ya feel safe ta take home ta yer parents after knowin am fer jus one day. He believes in jail go only bad people the worst kinds of criminals, so this is bad for his reputation of good momma’s boy that he is.

Me: Slim, relax.

Slim: RELAX!? HOW CAN I FUCKING RELAX!? I`M STUCK IN A DAMN JAIL AND YOU WANT ME TO RELAX!? I`M A RESPECTED LAWYER HOW DO YOU THINK THIS WILL LOOK IF THE PEOPLE IN MY FIRM EVER FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS!? AND JEAN. WHAT MUST SHE THINK OF ME!? I`M A FUCKING CRIMINAL!

Guard: Hey! Shut up in there!

Slim: SHUT UP!? HOW CAN I FUCKING SHUT UP!? I`M STUCK IN THIS HELL WHOLE…

Creed, Gumbo, Guard, Me and other prisoners: SHUT UP!

Slim: Fine.

He lies down on the bed and turns on the other side.

Gumbo: Look mon ami. We no criminals. Dis is all jus a big misunderstandin, nothin more. We’ll get outa here soon non?

Me: Yea Slim, listen ta Gumbo. We ain`t guilty, they can’t keep us here. Ya know what? I’m sure that Captain Bush is gonna walk through that door any second now, tellin us we’re free ta go…

Bishop: (Walks in) This is your lucky day punks. You’re free to go.

Creed looks at me surprised.

Creed: Are ya some damn telepath or something?

I just glare at him while Bish unlocks the door.

Bishop: So do you wanna get out or do you wanna spend another night here?

Slim starts ta push us from behind.

Slim: We’re getting out. Goodbye!

Bishop: Yea, yea. Just be happy that a very good friend of mine told me what happened or you would still be stuck in here.

Me: What friend?

Bishop: (Smirks) Trust me, you don’t wanna know.

Me: No. seriously. The only people that were around at the time were us and you cops, and ya arrived later. The Café was closing and no one was in there, well except the chick that robbed us but she got away and how could she tell ya, she’d end up in jail.

Bishop: As I said. A very good friend of mine. This is Vegas baby! Rules in here are different. What would be considered as scandalous and immoral in other countries, in here its considered as normal. (He smirks again and turns ta leave)

We all look shocked into his back.

Slim: I can’t believe this! So she really did get us out? Isn’t she arrested?

Bishop: Weren’t you listening? What did I say about a good friend and different rules?

Slim: I CAN`T BELIEVE THIS! THIS, THIS… THIS IS UNBILIEVEBLE! I`M A LAWYER YOU KNOW!? AND THIS, THIS… THIS IS A CRIME. AND, AND…

Bishop: You know what? I’m giving you five seconds to get outa here, after that you’re going back to lock up. One… two… three… four…

We get out as fast as we can with Slim being first, me second, Gumbo third and Creed last. No way am I spending another minute in there. Now the question is, why did Rory bail us out, risking her own head in the process. Ah, the irony of it all, we got bailed outa jail by the chick that robbed us. And we ended up in there because of her in the first place. Maybe she does this for everyone she robes… Nah, I don’t think so.

Slim: Did you hear that? He said… He said… I can’t even bring myself to repeat it!

Creed: We were in there too, remember? Ya don’t have ta repeat it.

Slim: Well I can’t believe this! What he’s doing is against the law!

Me: Slim, we know that.

Gumbo: Oui, an we can’t do antythin bout it.

Slim: We’re one of the best lawyers! Well except for Creed. Why can’t we do anything about it?

Me: As he said. They have different rules here, and I think this guy makes am.

Creed: I say we teach am how ta respect the law!

Gumbo: Well mon ami der are few things wrong wit dat plan.

Creed: Yea? Like what?

Me: First of all, its your plan so we know it won’t work. Second, Bush is a cop so ya can’t just beat am up. Third, ya don’t even care bout the law, all ya ever do is break it anyway. Really, how many times did I have ta get yer ass outa jail?

Creed: Yea, yea. Whatever…

Slim: Well, what do you think? Why did she get us out?

Creed: I say she couldn’t resist my charm.

Me: Yea right, that’s it.

Creed: Wow Lo! Never thought you’d agree with me.

Gumbo: Homme, haven ya ever heard of sarcasm? Ya use it all da time.

Creed: Yea right. Well there’s nothin sarcastic bout my undeniable charm and sex appeal.

Me: Oh is that a fact?

Creed: Well in a meter of fact it is. Want me ta prove it ta ya?

Me: No.

Creed: What? Afraid that I can get more chicks than ya?

Me: Yer on!

Slim: Hey! We’re a bit in a jam here, so leave your piss contest for another time okay?

Creed: This ain`t a piss contest! But if it was I`m sure I`d win, ey Lo?

Me: In yer dreams Creed.

Gumbo: Shut it! Remy has an idea. Why don we go to da place were we last saw Logan’s car. Maybe its still dere. Vic, ya still have Lo`s keys, non?

Creed: Yup. Right here in my back pocket.

Me: See that ya loose am.

Creed: Why would ya want that, thought ya needed am.

Me: (I roll my eyes) I can’t believe we’re related.

Slim: Sarcasm Vic.

Creed: Oh… So when ya say ya can’t believe we’re related, ya actually mean that ya believe it. Right?

Me: NO!

Gumbo: He was sarcastic bout da part wen he told ya ta loose da keys.

Creed: Oh… Guess that makes sense. I mean why would he want me ta loose am.

Slim: Exactly.

Me: So does anyone know how far that Café is?

Gumbo: We should be dere in bout fifteen minutes if we hurry.

Me: Good. Lets get moving than.


We’ve been walking twenty minutes now and we finally reached our destination, but as expected, no black Escalade EXT in sight.

Creed: It ain`t here…

Me: What did ya expect? That she’d leave it here with ‘I’m sorry’ note on the window shield?

Creed: Hey, she bailed us out, didn’t she? Why would leaving the car here be any weirder than that or such big of a surprise?

I open my mouth ta answer am something but I close it again. Damn, he does make a good point. I hate it when he`s right and when he leaves me speechless.

Slim: He`s right… So what now?

Creed: Yo! Look at that.

He points towards the Café’s door. I turn my head around and I see the second hottest thing since our arrival in Vegas. Japanese chick with purple hair and black purplish eyes, white shirt unbuttoned just enough to show her perfect boobs, tight jeans that reveal her perfect ass and all that completed with perfect set of long legs walking in white sandals. If nothing else, ya gotta love Vegas for the chicks.

Me: Man, that’s one hot piece of ass.

Creed: Hey Lo, remember our bet? Well I bet I can get this chick in like ten minutes.

Me: I bet ya can, and I’m being sarcastic.

Creed: Whatever, I’m going in.

He starts walking towards her and the rest of us get close enough to hear what they’re saying.

Creed: Hey babe…

Girl: Not interested.

She answers him with heavy British accent, its little freaky considering her Japanese features and she turns to leave.

Creed: Hold on now baby. What’s the hurry?

He grabs her forearm and tries to turn her but she grabbed his hand, quickly span am around her and nailed am to the ground with his arm twisted behind his back.

Girl: I said I’m not interested love, so I’m asking you nicely to FUCK OFF and not to disturb me again, alright mate?

Creed doesn’t say anything, just growls.

Girl: I said do you understand?

She twists his arm even more.

Creed: YEA! NOW LET GO OF MY HAND!

Girl: With pleasure.

She lets go of his hand and starts to leave again.

Creed: Bitch.

Girl: (Turns around and says in menacing tone) What did you say?

Creed: Um… Goodbye…

Girl: Hmm…

She turns to leave again and this time Creed doesn’t say anything until he makes sure she’s gone.

Creed: That bitch is crazy! She almost broke my arm!

Gumbo: Now ya no how Remy feels wen Bella gets pissed at am.

Me: (Laughing) Man, she totally kicked yer ass!

Creed: Shut up! Ain`t ya gonna try yer luck with her?

Me: Getting my ass kicked by some chick ain`t on my ‘to do’ list fer today, so no. I ain`t crazy.

Slim: I thought that kind of things happen only in movies.

Gumbo: Spend a week at Remy’s house an ya`ll see how real dat is…

Me: Man, yer wife really does a number on ya don’t she?

Gumbo: Mon ami, ya have no idea.

Creed: I say we teach er a lesson in beating!

Gumbo: Once again, few things wrong wit dat plan homme.

Creed: What now?

Me: Once again, its yer plan. It won’t work. Second, Bichella`s a women. Would ya hit a woman? Third, she’s well known, people will start asking questions.

Creed: Guess yer right… I may be a lot of things but I ain`t a woman beater, that’s just wrong. And I don’t wanna end up in jail again.

Slim: Guys, its three p.m. we can walk through the streets whole day but what well we do about sleeping? We don’t have money even for a cheap motel…

Me: We can sleep in the park…

Slim: With all that dirt and bugs and germs? No way!

Me: Well what do ya suggest we do than?

Gumbo: Remy heard of some club called ‘Dazzler’ non too far away. Day say it be very good. We can try ta get in, oui?

Slim: With no ID?

Me: We’ll think of something.
Creed: I have a plan!

Me: Something that doesn’t involve beating the shit outa someone.

Creed: I’ve got nothing.

Me: That’s what I thought. So does anyone else have some kind of idea?

Slim: No.

Gumbo: Non.

Me: Guess we’ll have ta think of something when we get there.

Looks like tonight instead of sleeping we’ll be partying whole night. That is if we get in. I hope we’ll finally get a break from all the drama.


Ororo`s pov

Here I am at my apartment, bored as hell while waiting for my roomy to come home. My home isn’t big or fancy but its very comfortable and everything I need. Everything in it is small. Small kitchen with the most basic stuff like refrigerator, dishwasher, wooden table with two wooden chairs, two small bedrooms for my roommate and me (we were planning to get one bigger with two beds but decided against it since we both like to bring a man home once in a while and we both like our privacy). There are all kinds of plants in my room since I love nature, bed in the middle of my room and next to it I have a nightstand with sky blue lamp on top of it. My walls are in the same color with some white details. I have a big window through which I can watch the stars at night, shelf next to the door in front of my bed and black wooden desk in the left side of my room with computer and some books on it. I keep it pretty tidy all the time, my roomy on the other hand is a totally different type. Her room is panted mostly in light purple with some white details as well. Her bed is on the right side of her room with a white nightstand next to it. On top of it stands a purple lamp with white and light purple flowers. She says its an antique which she got from her late grandmother. On the left side of her room there are two medium sized windows and between them stands her white shelf, purple flowers panted all over it and there’s a white desk with black laptop on top of it next to the door and a big mirror next to the desk. I don’t even know why she owns a shelf when her clothes are all over the place. You can’t even see the flour or the desk chair from all her clothes, books and other stuff she has lying around and her walls are full with pictures of us, her family and other friends, her, her an her boyfriend and just her boyfriend while I only have one framed picture of her, my other best friend and me hanging over my bed.

Now I’m sitting in our small living room on the baby blue sofa going through the channels on TV. Hundred channels and nothing to watch. It’s never boring when my roomy is here. I think I hear the lock turning.

Roomy: Fucking… stupid… asshole… what a jerk… shoulda killed him… thinks he can just grab me like that…

Someone got her pissed off. I pity the poor fool that did it.
Me: Hey Bets! Who pissed you off this time? It wasn’t War, was it?

Her features immediately softened at the mention of her boyfriend’s name. Warren Warrington III is the U.S. president’s son and a good friend but she can’t see him often enough because of he’s duties.

Betsy: No… (She sighs defatted) He’s being a real angel as ever. It was some idiot in the parking lot in front of ‘Dane’s’.

Me: What happened?

Betsy: I just got out of the Café when I saw some tall blond guy closing in on me and I say to my self ‘damn, here comes another one’.

Tall blond guy? Could it be… Naw.

Me: And?

Betsy: He says ‘hi babe’ and I hurry to let him know I’m not interested and that’s exactly what I said ‘I’m not interested’ and I turned to leave. You know how some guys are, don’t get the message right away, ey love?

Me: Yes, I do.

Betsy: Well this was one of those types. Imagine the nerve of him! He grabbed my arm and said something like ‘what’s the hurry baby’, he crossed the line!

Me: What did you do to him?

Betsy: I grabbed his bloody hand, span him over me and threw him to the ground. Then I twisted his arm until he agreed not to disturb me again.

Me: Let me ask you something Bets.

Betsy: What is it love?

Me: That tall blond guy. Did he happen to have amber eyes, black t-shirt, combo pants and black boots?

She looks at me surprised.

Betsy: How the hell did you know that?

Me: Just a lucky guess I guess. I robbed him and his buddies yesterday.

Betsy: Really?

Me: Yup.

Betsy: Good. Anyway do you have plans for tonight?
Me: Nope. What did you have in mind?

Betsy: Do you want to go to Ali`s with me tonight? War will be waiting for me there and I’m sure Ali misses you, you haven’t been there in so long. She’s probably wondering if you’re still alive. You know, for someone who co-owns a club you sure don’t hang there a lot. So you coming?

Me: Sure, why not. I don’t have anything better to do anyway. I’m in mood for some dancing.

Betsy: Great! Be ready till nine. I have to go now, I have a self defense class. See you later love!

With that said she raced to the door and left me to my boredom once again. At least now I can plan what am I going to wear for tonight. I’m not going just at any place; I’m going to my club, my second best friend Alison Blair owns half of it, very popular place called ‘Dazzler’.





You must login () to review.