She wasn’t sure how she did it; but the now very obviously pregnant Ororo Munroe, who was now starting in her twenty-fourth week of pregnancy, had survived.

Up to this point: she had survived the attacks of nausea during the most inopportune times (she is still apologizing for throwing up on Logan), she had survived the sore and tender breasts, the weird cravings (in which the ‘might as well be vegan’ Goddess still thanks Hank; for a trip to an ‘open all night’ Wendy’s. Because she had a craving for chili at 11:30 at night), the entire team learned to deal with the mood swings, but honestly you try not crying at those hallmark commercials.

She dealt with her feet swelling (thanks to Remy for the massages), and of course the initial shock of getting pregnant in the first place, she even survived the obligatory hospital tour where she decided to deliver the baby, with Hank as the one delivering her child.

Of course their was somethings that the very pregnant Ororo almost did not survive as well: Jean and her going shopping for all the necessities a baby needed “ Thank the Goddess for Wal-Mart.

Ororo also didn’t think that she’d survive the argument with Jean on if she should have a baby shower“Stupid party games with close pegs and paper plate hats adorned with gift bows.

However; more recently Ororo didn’t think she’d survive the fit of laughter she was in, Logan who was rather intrigued about the whole birthing process, was trying to get Remy into the birthing position so he could get practicing being the labor coach.

He was trying to get Ororo to do it (since he believed she needed as much practice as he did) but gave up when she threatened to suck his Harley Davidson up into a ‘freak tornado’ if he didn’t leave her alone.

“Non, Non! Remy love you two like famille, mais Remy ‘ave to draw de line some where mon ami, Remy can breathe jus’ fine standin’ up, sorry chere, nuh-uh, non. Stormy, tell Logan dat Remy don’t have to be de woman to help you ‘ave le petite.”

She tried, but she was too busy laughing.

“Cajun, sit!”

“Non!”

Ororo had the sneaking suspicion that this was going to start a fight; and she didn’t want to be around when a lamp broke, again.

She quietly attempted to get up off of the couch and make her way past the arguing men, her eyes filled with tears from laughing so hard; she abruptly stopped when she found a person staring at them off in a distance, with a sad look on her face. Her best friend in the whole world: Rogue.


~ ~ ~


Rogue was trying to avoid Ororo since she first announced her pregnancy, it wasn’t that she wasn’t happy for her best friend, or that she didn’t agree with how she gotten pregnant.

In a strange way, Rogue had never been happier for her friend, had never seen the African beauty so calm, so serene. She wanted very much to be apart of what her best friend was dealing with. She was just…what was the word, scared? X-woman don’t get scared.

“You have been avoiding me,” the Southern woman jumped and yelped, not hearing anyone sneak up behind her, leave it to Ororo to walk as quietly as the flapping wings of the butterfly “is everything okay between us?”

“Of course,”

“Rogue; tell me the truth have you been ignoring me or avoiding me because you are upset that I am pregnant?”

Rogue was so shocked at what Ororo had just said to her, she turned around so quickly on the freshly waxed hardwood floor she thought she would break her ankle. “What?” she was genuinely surprised at what Ororo had just said to her.

“You heard me.” Ororo took her friend by the hand and led her away from prying ears amongst the walls of the mansion.

“’Ro, Ahm not ignorin’ ya, ‘cause ah hate the fact that yer pregnant; or whateva.” Her response was just above a whisper, “ahm avoid’ ya ‘cause ah don’t wanna accidentally mess this up for ya.” The woman with the southern lilt to her voice rubbed her gloved hands down the legs of her pants.

The 24 week pregnant Goddess looked at her friend incredulously “what in the name of the Bright Lady are you talking about?”

“Ah’m talkin’ ‘bout me accidentally touchin’ ya and killing ya or the babe ya carryin’, Ro, Ah see ya all smiles when ya talkin’ about da little one, and Ah want nothin’ more than to share in my best friend’s joy; but, Ah don’t wanna accidentally touch ya and have somethin’ happen ‘cause mah powers decide ta act dumb." The Mississippi born Mutant wiped the tears from her eyes and sat down on the floor of the mansion.

The white-haired mutant attempted to sit down beside her, she placed her mocha colored hand in the gloved hand of Rogue’s; “Rogue, listen to me. This child is going to live in the mansion and he or she is probably going to be a mutant itself; They need to get used to every one’s powers “ and I don’t want Auntie Rogue hiding herself in her room because she is afraid to dole out hugs. Okay?”

Rogue sniffed again “‘Kay.”

Ororo smiled and took the sleeve of her shirt to wipe her friend’s tears, then led her friend’s hand down to her swollen womb; Rogue pulled back but the soon “ to “ be mom insisted with a smile “stop and wait.” She pressed the gloved hand to her belly and there was a friendly silence as they waited.

The power-absorbing mutant gasped as she felt the uterus underneath her hand contract lightly thanks to the hard kick the x-baby that laid in wait had given to Ororo’s ribs. “Wow…was that…?” Ororo smiled and nodded “…and it just…” it was a rare moment that the younger mutant with the two-toned hair was speechless and the weather witch got a kick out of it. “…that was…”

“Cool?” Ororo completed her friend’s sentence, as she wondered how long it would take her to get up from the sitting position from the floor, now that the baby’s feet was up into her rib cage.

“Yeah,” a grin split Rogue’s face as she rested a glove hand on Ororo’s curvaceous stomach again to feel her future niece or nephew somersault.





You must login () to review.