This Sunday marked the 32.5 week point of Ororo’s pregnancy. It was also a lazy, do nothing kind of Sunday’s; no missions to worry about, nothing; And, it was being celebrated and enjoyed by everyone at the mansion.

What was more important was, it was being enjoyed by Logan and Ororo - one of the first days that they could spend with each other since they started dating 4 months ago, where they didn’t involve her going to doctor appointments or him going on a mission, or training a recruit.

Ororo felt bad for Logan, he was so dedicated to her as a boyfriend; so loving, so caring, so loyal and understanding. She felt bad though because she couldn’t do with him right now, the things she would normally do with a man she was in an actual relationship with.

It wasn’t the sex that she was worried about, He didn’t pressure her into being more intimate then what she was able to do and he often reassured her with words and phrases such as: ‘not before you’re ready.’

It was the date stuff she missed -- dinner and a movie often consisted of dinner in her bedroom and either late night TV until they fell asleep or a DVD.

Although she felt bad about this and has let him know how she had felt; his usual answer was “I wouldn’t change all the alone time with you in the world,” and she would sigh and smile contentedly in his arms while they debated to watch something get blown up or something fall in love.

Days like this were on of Ororo’s favorites; they could snuggle under the covers and talk about absolutely everything and absolutely nothing; And his voice goes hoarse as he tells her about beautiful she is.

Today she had spent most of it flipping through the pages of random books; flipping back and forth between random name books and pregnancy books. Making a list of boys names, girl names and unisex names. Putting a check mark besides the ones that she loved and leaving blank the ones that she liked but wasn’t too sure about.

“Logan?”

“Yeah, Darlin’?”

“Can I ask something?”

“Anything baby, you know that.” He repositioned herself so that he was facing Ororo. Sky blue eyes met Sterling Grey.

He traced lazy circles with the pad of his finger on her pregnant belly, as he waited for her to continue; “are you sure? It’s kind of a heavy topic.”

Logan smiled and bowed down to kiss her swollen belly, he was amazed how the pregnancy made this living Goddess even more sexy and curvaceous, “Go ahead baby, what is it?”

She sighed and chuckled and ran a hand through his hair as he showed her belly more affection; “I was just looking through the name books and I was thinking about a conversation that Rogue, Remy and I had a few weeks ago, and I-” she trailed off until she gathered her thoughts completely “Do you think X-baby here, should have Scott’s last name? or just Mine? Both of ours?”

Logan looked at her stomach and whispered “mama’s going crazy,” before he looked up at her again.

She groaned slightly as she got kicked in the ribs “baby, only does that when you speak to her.”

“Her? I thought you weren’t going to find out the gender.”

“Its just a feeling I have. I am not sure.”

“Ah.”

“Logan, I’m serious. This is serious.”

He spoke to her stomach again; “okay mama isn’t crazy...just over analyzin’.”

“Lo-gan,” she ignored the second kick to her ribs, he crawled up beside her on the back to the head of the bed, “I’m serious.”

“I know. I just don’t think I understand the question.”

“If you were in the situation I’m in with Scott, and you were Scott, would you want your child to have your last name, even though you have no interested in raising the child? I mean He or She is a part of you, yes?”

He nodded, “I get ya, darlin’ I think though -- you gotta follow yer heart on this. I can’t tell ya want ya think ya need to do. I mean as a guy; yeah okay I would love for my son or daughter to share my last name, but, then again, if I knew that I got a girl pregnant I’d be right there with her.”

She nodded “She is a part of both of us Logan. Both Scott and I. And, I want her to know both parts of her, even though his half does not want to know her. I just...I...Do not want to come vindictive, with this.”

“Vindictive? How do you mean, vindictive?”

She sighed, “Maybe this is a stupid conversation” she shook her head “Forget I mentioned it.”

Logan played with the ends of her white tresses, tickling them over her bare shoulder, “C’mon Hon, this is important to ya. Please tell me, if I can help I’ll try okay? Just tell me what you meant by vindictive.”

She took the hair from his hands and threw it over her other shoulder, “I get that Scott does not want to get involved, this is not the ideal situation for him to bring a child into and it will always remind him of...our...screw up. She will always remind him of how he screwed up the best thing that ever happened to him. I do not like it, but I get it. And, I just do not want him to hear my son or daughter’s name attached to his last name and only his last name; and, have him think that I just did it to get back at him. Or for child support payments or something and I do not want any of that; I do not need any of that. I just want our son or daughter to know their father.” She shrugged.

Logan was sure she was going to start crying in a second; so he rubbed her back.

He kissed a bare shoulder “I think you give Scott to much credit. This is Scott that we are talking about, yea okay, he screwed up. From a guys perspective; honestly? He screwed up large. He was stupid enough to cheat on his wife, with her best friend while they lived under the same roof. Believe me, he’s not as smart as we believe him to be. But, anyway; he says that he wants nothing to do with his daughter, a) thats impossible to do considering he lives under the same roof. Unless he moves out; but, he’ll be giving up his position in the X-men if he does.” He ticked off point on his hand, “And b) he is going to see that child and realize how much of an idiot he is being; I mean he might not want to be changing diapers and up for 3,4 and 5:00 AM feedings. But, he’s not going to completely ignore that little baby. You know why?”

“Why?”

“Because something is going to happen and he’s going to end up holding her. For some ungodly reason, and he is going to look into her eyes and they’re going to grab his finger and he is going to be hooked; The first time they reach out for him he’s never going to be able to put ‘em down. They may not be callin’ him Daddy, but he won’t ever be able to completely ignore that there is an unspeakable bond between them.”

She smiled; what is it with her being pregnant and people waxing philosophically around her? “Logan,” she mused, “perhaps you are right.”

He shrugged, “I have my moments.” He grinned.

“It is important, for this child to know both sides. So perhaps it would be best for me to know think of combining Summers and Munroe; so..maybe it’ll at least let her ask questions when she is older?”

“Is that what yer heart’s sayin’ to do?”

“Honestly?”

He nodded.

“Yes.”

“Then you already have your answer, ya?”

She smiled, “Guess so,” she leaned over and kissed him lightly on the mouth “thank you Logan.”

“Go on a date with me when they’re 18 and we’ll call it even.” He smiled.

“Why when they are is 18?”

He shrugged, “I figured it’d be the only time we’d actually have enough free time for us to go out on a real date.” He chuckled.

She laughed, “Okay on Xbaby’s eighteenth birthday I’ll go out on a date with you.”

“I’m going to hold you to that.”

She nodded. Somehow she knew, that he would be around that long to remind her.





You must login () to review.