By the time; Hank landed the X-Jet, everyone filed out and changed into Civilian clothes, piled into the X-Van and drove to the hospital. Ororo and unnamed X-Baby had been in the hospital for almost a full hour and a half.

Logan was buttoning up a clean flannel shirt when there was a knock at the door, he walked over and opened it as he looked for another pair of dry socks, his got wet thanks to being thrown into the river by some no named delinquent mutant hanging out with the brotherhood .

It was Scott, still drying his already compulsively clean hands “hi,”

Logan nodded, “Hey.”

It was no secret that the men didn’t get along, and the fact that Scott had won Jean’s heart and Ororo’s heart and still managed to end up alone, pissed Logan off royally; and it honestly took every ounce of strength and respect for Xavier and the rest of the Xmen not to launch Scott head first into New Croton Reservoir with a brick tied to his ankles.

Secretly Scott thought he deserved it, and was surprised on quite a few occasions when he did wake up a live; “how was battling the brotherhood?” he tried to make small talk. In hopes to get up the bravery to talk to Logan about why he was really in the room.

Logan shrugged, “Same shit diff’rent state.”

Scott nodded and smiled, he missed being out on missions. So did Ororo, or at least thats what she told him anyway. He was never completely sure if she told Logan the same dreams and hopes for her future thats he used to tell him...or would’ve told him if he ever actually listen. God I’m an asshole.

“I..uh..heard about your little adventure here, with umm, ‘Ro and stuff...Good job on helping her through it, Boy Scout.”

The taller brunette nodded, “It wasn’t like I was going to leave here alone, Logan. We take care of our own here, you know that. No matter how sordid past dramas. We’re still family.”

Logan smiled, Scott was amazed at how much younger it actually made the brutal Canadian soldier look younger; “ya well, Bub...Er...Scott, she might not say it; But, I know she appreciated you being here for her. An’, well...So do I.”

The men shook hands and they walked out of Logan’s room, Logan was on his way to the hospital to see Ororo with the team and Scott knew that he was going to have to go in for the kill now, and make it swift and make it count; “It was no problem, Logan, really. I mean I did get her into this mess-it was the least I could’ve done.”

Logan raised an eyebrow as they walked down the stairs, “The least you could’ve done was-”

“I know! I know! Wore a condom-”

“ I was going to say‘shouldn’t have touched ‘er in the first place.’ But, that works, just as well.”

The man shared a chuckle and a friendly quick silence, Scott pulled Logan into the living room so talk privately; “Logan I need to talk to you about something, and its important.”

The feral mutant sighed-“yeah? Go on.”

“I know I should’ve said this a long time ago, and, I probably should’ve..but, I know you are dating Ororo you guys didn’t make that a secret, right?”

Logan nodded not sure where this conversation was going, but it intrigued him.

“I know I fucked up with Ororo, and I can’t begin to apologize for that; I took advantage of her kind heart and I apparently messed her up quite badly; according to Jean and Rogue and Hank, and I can’t even begin to know where to start to make things better. I know she deserves all the happiness in the world, Logan. And...Jeez this is hard to say, but, She has it with you. I am glad you make her happy.”

Logan squinted his eyes and waited for the man with the ruby-quartz sunglasses to continue. Plus it gave him a chance to sort out his own response.

“I know, that sounds odd from me, believe me, it sounds odd me hearing me say it. There’s more.”

Logan was definitely intrigued, “Go on.” He urged.

Scott sighed and ran his fingers through his short brunette hair, “Upstairs, made me realize that I delivered a child that I helped create. Yeah she’s my DNA and because of that she’s is my kid.” He shook his head, “ But, I am no where near the father to her or the man that Ororo needs. That has been you, Logan; right from the word go you have been there for her-and, I know you love Ororo. I need to know, though, if you love her child just as much as you’d love your own.”

Scott’s eyes begged for a truthful answer, but, Logan was confused where all this was coming from, so he shrugged -- again.

“I dunno how that is any of yer business Scooter. But, I’d walk to the ends of the earth for both Ororo and that little girl if I needed to. In ‘n out of hell bare foot and buck naked if I the need rose. I ain’t gonna step on yer toes with you and yer kid. That’s between ‘Ro and You.”

“Thanks for your honesty.”

“All I am is honest when it comes to ‘Ro.”

“I know. Logan?”

“Yeah?”

“If ‘Ro lets you, and Lord knows she won’t because she is so stubborn. But, if she lets you be a part of her daughter’s life...do me a favor?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Treat my daughter...our...sorry..treat her daughter, like you would as if she were yours?”

Logan chewed on the end of an unlit cigar he found in his shirt pocket and smiled “that is by far the easiest thing you’ve ever asked of me, Boy Scout.”

Scott played with his glasses, “What can I say, getting a girl you saw as your sister for most of your life pregnant, getting divorced, almost dying and delivering a kid shares your DNA with but you got no emotional bond with, All with in a year, puts things in to perspective. You know when you put it like that...its been a strange little Journey to get this point hasn’t it?”

Logan nodded, “That is has, Bub, that is has. You comin’ to the hospital with us?”

Scott thought about it for a minute; “you think I’ll be a loud to?”

The older mutant shrugged, “I knew yer history, but, you gave her this miracle, not only through all that genetic junk, but, ya deliver that little miracle as well with the help of yer hands and a little guidance from Hank.”
Scott scoffed.

“Okay, Okay a lot of guidance from Blue, but I git the feeling she won’t turn ya away.”

Scott nodded and clapped the X-men named Wolverine on the shoulder “thanks.”





You must login () to review.