Ororo’s affair with Scott started six months ago; during the whole Phoenix fiasco, when they both needed cheering up and consoling. Just after Jean and Scott’s first wedding (this turned out not legally binding, since the priest was Morph) the affair was supposed to stop after they got her back, after they all sacrificed a little part of them selves for Jean to survive, but still Scott kept sneaking into Ororo’s room to make love to her; Craving her touch like an addiction.

Some time during the six month on going affair, they had stopped using condoms.

The not using condoms, was their down fall. For Ororo just finished violently retching in the bowl of the toilet like she has every morning for the last almost two weeks; and she had a sneaking suspicion on why that was.

She sighed and washed her face, she looked in the mirror, her face flushed from being sick, her cerulean blue eyes red rimmed and tearing up, her white hair plastered to her face “Ororo Iqadi, how did you get yourself involved in this?” she whispered to the mirror.

~ ~ ~

Ororo walked into the medical lab of the mansion, where she saw Dr. Hank McCoy stocking some shelves with new material.

She knocked on the door, and she could always count on Hank to hold onto her secret, until she was ready, IF she had a secret to reveal; “Hank? Are you busy?”

The blue-furred scientist turned around and smiled, his eyes hidden between little black framed circular glasses. “No, Ororo please come in,” he waved her in, “how can I help you?”

She sighed as she sat on the emergency room gurney, “I think I need a pregnancy test done.”

Hank took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes; “okay, let me ask you a few questions first.” She nodded and answered all of them truthfully. “Well, there is a very good chance that you are judging by the dates that you’ve given me. Let’s do the test and we can discuss things afterward, hmmm?”

She nodded. He passed a sample cup and pointed to the bathroom “pee in this please, as much as you can.” Chuckling at her grimace “it’s not that bad.”

“Says a member of the gender who can pee standing up,” She muttered as she walked into the bathroom.

~ ~ ~

She came out a few minutes later with the urine filled cup and passed it to Hank; he took out a testing strip and placed it in the cup “it’ll take a few minutes.” He nodded and went back to her clipboard.

She nodded, and prayed; although she wasn’t sure what she wanted the outcome to be.

Yes, she wanted children “ and although she was only in her late twenties (okay early 30s) she felt her eggs drying up and soon to turn into dust.

On the other hand, if she was pregnant “ the man who she often thought of as her brother.

Worst yet, her best friend’s husband would be the father.

She sighed and ran her fingers through her snow colored hair.

“Do you have any preference? On whether you want to be or not?”

She shook her head “I have not thought of any of that yet, to be honest.”

Beast nodded; “guess this was quite a shock to the system? I’m sorry if I am prying.”

“Its okay, Hank,” she took his large almost gorilla sized hand into hers.

He looked at the test strip and turned back to the African beauty; “Ororo, you might want to think about you are going to do if you are indeed pregnant.” Her brows furrowed and he passed her the positive testing strip.

Ororo’s hands started shaking and she dropped the test strip “Oh dear Goddess!” her hands rushed to her face and her body wracked with new emotion, Hank didn’t need a window to know that all of a sudden it started to rain outside. “She is going to kill me, Hank, she might actually kill me.” She spoke when the tears calmed down.

Hank was confused and made her bring her hands down from her face “she?”

“Jean.”

Dr. McCoy didn’t bother hiding his surprise “what does Jean have to do with how you gotten pregnant?”

“Scott is the father.” She looked at him bluntly, shame in her ice-chipped color eyes.

Beast ran his hand through the fur on his face “oh dear.” He patted his friend’s hand “my door and my arms are always opened.”

“Your arms?”

He nodded, “For hugs when need be.”

She smiled, “Are they open now?” new tears streaming down her face; the mutant scientist enveloped her.





You must login () to review.