During the beginning of her tenth week: Scott, Ororo, Hank and Jean were all sitting around in the kitchen table; the weather witch was trying not to kill Scott Summers with a stray bolt of lightening. “You want me to, what? My what?”

“I want you to abort the pregnancy.” He was calm, a lot calmer than the weather goddess was. Thunder cracked and lightening hit the ground dangerously close to the window that they were sitting in front of.

“Fuck you.” She was vehement, and lost all sense of normal conversation.

“It’s my baby too, Ororo. You’re being unreasonable.”

“I thought I was a whore and it was not yours?”

Even the self-possessed Hank found himself in taking a sharp breath at the offending words.

Scott sneered “Ororo, I didn’t say you were a whore, I said you were easy.”

Hank and Jean watched and waited as Ororo balled her hand into a fist. “Scott, Jean “ I am sorry, but I am keeping this child, and, Scott you should have thought of the consequences, before you had sex. We both should have. Now, excuse me. This is not worth it, anymore.” She left the kitchen.

Scott leaned over and whispered loud enough, for just Hank and Jean to hear “you really don’t think she should keep it do you Jean?”

It was Jean’s turn to up and leave “I don’t think I should say anything without our lawyers present.” She left to go find her friend.

It was raining outside the mansion for the sixth time this week, and it was only Wednesday; Hank sighed “as someone who helps in the legal field you do have rights, Scott “ of course so does she. As her medical advisor she has until the twelfth week to abort-if she chooses too. However, if I may speak as a friend to the two of you? You my friend are sincerely an ass hole.” With that, Beast left Scott alone with his own thoughts.

~ ~ ~

Back in Ororo’s room, the two women were sitting on the bed, Ororo was cuddling a pillow crying “maybe he is right Jean,” Between sobs.

“What are you talking about?”

“It will start too many rumors, too many questions; what will the team think?”

Dr. Grey-Summers had known Ororo for a very long time and as long as she knew her, Jean had always known Ororo as someone who was very much ‘pro-life’ as opposed to ‘pro-choice.’

Jean took her hand; “if you want to do what you are thinking about doing, do it because you thought about long and hard; don’t do it because my husband asked you to. To be completely honest, you don’t have to tell the team anything you don’t want to. They can’t force you to tell them who the Dad is.”

“I know, it is just…”

“It’s just what?”

The one with the child growing in her womb; took a deep cleansing yoga breath “I do not know if I can do this.”

The married redhead took a slender finger and put it under, Ororo’s chin “look at me, you can do this; and, not only can you do this “ but you are going to be great at it. I promise. I see you with the children in the neighborhood; you are a natural. You are going to be amazing at this.”

Ororo smiled “really?”

“Really.” Jean returned the smile.





You must login () to review.