The Goddess waited for the recommended twelve weeks to tell the rest of the team that she was pregnant.

She did it in a meeting; it was one of the only few times that they group was ever together in a formal setting: Professor Xavier went over an upcoming mission, and he was about to dismiss the meeting when Ororo put up her hand “yes, Storm; do you have a question about the mission?”

“Yes and No Charles.”

“Oh?”

“I am pregnant, and I am not sure how that will effect my mutation; I am not sure if I can go on the mission with the rest of the team.”

His brow furrowed and his lips pulled down into his thinking face “I am not sure Storm, I-wait what did you just say?”

Ororo smiled “About me not being able to on the mission? Or about me being pregnant?”

Rogue, Logan and Gambit all offered their congratulations, a long with Professor Xavier: she of course was bombarded with many questions, But, she saved face.

“Yes, you guys do know the father but who he is not important,” She projected to Xavier; Scott’s face “he is not in my life anymore, not in that capacity anyway. It is okay though I can do this on my own.”

Logan grinned “now, what makes ya think ya goin’ ta be alone on this?”

Rogue hugged her friend “ya what makes ya think that?”

“Oui Chere?”

“You guys really mean that?”

They nodded.

Her eyes met with Cyclops laser visor, in a look of ‘I told you.’ “Thank you, all of you.”

Xavier offered his hand in congratulations and smiled “we’ll figure out what to do about your mutant powers, Ororo, but I’m sure you’ll do just fine.’

She nodded her thanks; and with that the meeting was dismissed.

~ ~ ~


Logan found Ororo in her green house working on the plants, she was standing on a step ladder trying to get a bag of soil down from a high shelf; he walked up behind her and spoke “ya shouldn’t be up on that ladder in yer condition.”

Startled, she turned around, forgetting she was on the ladder and almost fell. As usual, Logan was there to catch her; “Sorry, Logan.” She smiled.

“Fallin’ fer me are ya?” He could have at the moment set her back down onto solid ground, but he didn’t, he continued to hold her there, in his arms. Watching the ice-chunks she called eyes.

She chuckled in spite of herself “you know lines like that is what go me in this ‘condition.’” She found herself standing on solid ground again, him still smiling.

He hopped up on the ladder, waiting for her to point to what she needed “ he brought down the 30 pound bag of soil “Jeez, this is heavy.” He groaned and put it on the floor beside her feet, “Anything else?”

She shook her head “no, thank you though.”

He nodded a gruff response “look ‘Ro, I know ya don’t want to talk about “ ya know? But, I was serious when I said, that ya don’t have to do this on ya own.” He took a step closer to her, he rested a hand on her slightly fuller stomach, she is going to start showing in a few weeks; “ya need anything ya call, kay?”

She nodded.

“ I mean it, even if ya need to teach the tyke to play baseball or something, I’m here ya got it?”

She nodded and smiled “I know, I appreciate it; Are you happy you are going to be an uncle?”

He wanted to be more; he wanted the baby to be half his, not that he’d tell her that. “Yeah, I never thought it was going to happen. I jus’ don’t think Chuck is too happy about being a Grandfather yet.”

Her nose crinkled when she laughed; “I am sure he will come around.”

He leaned in and brushed her lips with his own.
She waited five years for this to happen, but she shrugged him off. “Logan, I cannot.”

“Oh.” He bowed his head, was that disappointment?

“No, no it is not you.” She rubbed a hand through her thick white mane “it is just, look, I was burned by this guy; I want this...I want us...it is just...I do not think I’m ready. I do not know if I can handle being burned again.”

He nodded,“I can deal with that. That’s fair. You gonna tell me who this guys is so I can kick his ass for hurtin’ ya?”

She laughed, it was earthy and quiet “what is in the past, is in the past Logan.”

He nodded “I can deal with that, but, you know he’s an idiot, right?”

It was her turn to agree “more than you know, Logan, more than you know.”





You must login () to review.