For the last four weeks; ever since she announced the rest of the team that she was pregnant, and was keeping the baby; She was hurt, that he didn’t want nothing to do with his child “ she couldn’t understand what would cause a man to just walk out on his child “ unborn or not.

She knew he wasn’t worth it, but with Scott and Jean’s divorce almost final, it was hard not to think about what could’ve been between herself and the father of her child.

Why was she still thinking of the man who abandoned her, and his child “ when she had a perfectly good man obviously cared for her, in Logan?

She sighed, and put the book that she was reading on the table; and sighed again. “You okay?” The voice belonged to wheelchair bound Charles Xavier; she didn’t hear him roll into the study because of the plush carpet.

She tried to get up from her lounging position on the couch, but, he signaled for her to lay back down “no, no lay back down.” His face was full of fatherly concern.

“I am okay, I am just tired, and cranky and--”

“Pregnant?” he smiled.

“Right,” She swallowed “Did you come in here to ask me who the father was?”

He shook his head “I already know.” He pointed to his temple when she shot him a questioning look, “You projected it in the meeting to me, well that and Scott already told me.”

“Oh. I do not know how it happened, I...”

“Don’t worry about that. I just wanted to know how you’re feeling. You’ve had quite a big shock to your system, over the last sixteen weeks.” He took her hand.

“Ashamed, Scared, Happy, All at once; you know?” he nodded and she continued, “I understand that I am not doing this on my own, and I love that I have the love and support of my family; it is just that--”

“It is not the same without having the father in your life?”

“Right, I am sorry. I know that sounds self-fish, it is just that; this is not how I imagined this happening.” Suddenly she grabbed the leg closest to the professor’s wheel chair and she started groaning in pain.

“Ororo? Are you all right?” Not sure what to do, for one of his ‘daughters.’

“I am not, sure-” she half massaged her leg, but, she still moaned in pain “I think I have a cramp.”

The paralyzed man cocked his head to the side and tried to suppress a laugh “may I,” he took her long, dancer leg, into his hands and started to massage the cramp out, slowly, as to not to hurt the wind rider, “so how does your doctor say that your pregnancy is going?”

Ororo made an incoherent sound and attempted to sit up a little more on the couch “apparently it is perfect. I have gained ‘the perfect amount of weight so far’ and everything is going ‘exactly right’ but if everything is going so ‘perfectly’ and ‘so great,’ than why is it I am so fat I cannot fit into the clothes I did last week? And if Rogue tells me that I am glowing one more time I am going to shoot her in the ass with lightening.”

Thanks to the mood swings, conversations with her have been a bit more entertaining.

Professor Charles Xavier laughed so hard he almost dropped the foot that he was still holding “you aren’t fat, you’re pregnant.”

She looked at him indignantly: “I’m fat.” Her eyes shone with unshed tears, thanks to the hormones.

Charles didn’t have to be a telepath to know that he was going to loose this argument “fine.” He said smiling “Your fat.”

She laughed in spite of herself; and he put down her leg “thank you, professor.”

“Any time.”

~ ~ ~



The conversation happened between Charles and Ororo happened on the Monday, On Wednesday she had her week sixteen doctor’s appointment; as usual she went alone. She was getting tired of doing everything alone.

She was sitting in the kitchen by herself looking at the sonogram photos, the child that was growing inside of Ororo Munroe, was looking more like an actual human being now; there was enough calcium in the bones where she could see the little bones in the hand up against the camera, she chuckled when she first saw it because she it looked like the little one was waving ‘hello’ to everyone; but, then she couldn’t help crying, because she was witnessing such a beautiful miracle on her own.

Maybe for the next appointment she could ask someone to go with her, Rogue perhaps? Jean? Logan?

She would like to hold Logan’s hand and watch his reaction as they watched her baby grow and move and somersault inside of her womb. She sighed. He would be never go for something like that, he would not be into such bonding experiences; would he?

“What are ya lookin’ at ‘Ro,” she jumped not realizing any one was in the room with her “sorry, I didn’t mean ta scare ya.”

She turned around “Oh, hello, Logan. You did not scare me, its fine. I was just deep in thought.”

“Oh yeah? ‘Bout what?”

“About how real this is becoming.” She walked over to him and showed him the picture the sonogram technician gave to her at the appointment.

“Wow! ‘Ro, I “ congratulations Darlin,’ really! “ This is…Wow!”

“It is pretty neat.”

“Definitely, may I?” he acknowledged her larger, fuller stomach, and she nodded, he put a roughed callous masculine hand on it and smiled “what do you know of this guy any way ‘Ro?’

“Enough.”

“Such as?”

She ran her hands through her hair “he is white not that, that matters.” Logan nodded “he has brownish-reddish hair, the same eye colour as his dad well did. He is a mutant...and he is married.” She waited for the lecture.

Logan laughed instead; “Sorry, ‘Ro, I don’t mean to laugh “ its just that sounds a lot like Sc!” he studied her face; “Scooter knocked you up? Jean’s Scooter?”

“Yes, Jean’s Scott, he knows “ they both know, but do not go around wanting to slice and dice him, I am just as in the wrong as he was. I knew he was married and I slept with him anyway. But, it is over between us now.”

Logan touched his forehead to hers “that’s why he’s avoiding you, huh,” she nodded and he cupped her stomach with both hands “he don’t know what he’s missing.”

Ororo shrugged, she realized she’s been doing that a lot lately “I gave him ample opportunity to get involved, he does not want it.”

“I have ta admit, I find myself wondering what it’d be like if a woman was pregnant with my child.”

She accepted his help, as he helped her to sit down; chuckling as he walked over to the fridge to pour her a glass of cold milk “Logan? a father? I had no idea you thought about such things.”

He leaned up against the counted by the fridge and blushed slightly as he opened his beer “I thought about being the father of your baby.”

She coughed and sputtered the milk everywhere “you what?”

“I thought about it. I also thought about different ways I’ll tell ya that I love ya, and where I would take ya out on dates; as if you’d ever have me. I thought about how I’d propose, and what you’d look like in your wedding dress. I thought about feeling the baby move, and me massaging your feet, as we argue over baby names and the colours of the nursery.”

He sighed and blushes a deeper shade of red “I thought about it since I’ve first met you, Ororo, when you were wearing that Teal summer halter dress with the ballet flats. I thought about it when, you saved me from killing Juggernaut, I’ve thought about it when Forge left ya; Me lovin’ ya is all I think about, that and a good cigar.” He swallowed a sip of his beer and he watched her get up and move towards him.

“Five years I have waited for you to say all of that too me. Five freaking years.” She half laughed and half cried “Why did you tell me now? Why now, I can’t give you that now? You cannot possibly still want all that, when I am pregnant with someone else’s baby. Logan, be serious.”

He picked her up and sat her up on the counter, cupping her stomach one more time “Darlin’ when I talk about you bein’ in my life, I can’t be any more serious, I love ya Ororo, and the baby “ weather it’s mine or not. I could be a husband to ya and a father; if ya want it.”

She nodded, and placed a hand on his, which was still on her stomach.

It was Logan her first felt the soft flutter against his calloused hand; “Uh, ‘Ro? What was that?”

“What was what, love?” trying to the nickname to see how he would react.

“I just felt something move, look put your hand right here.” He moved her hand and she waited a few seconds “feel it?”

She shook her head negatively: “it was probably the elastic in my underwear snapping, again. Sorry.” She chuckled.

At that moment she felt it too; soft, almost gentle, like butterfly wings fluttering against her fingers. “Lo-Logan. I think that was the baby,” She grinned.

Panic for Logan set in “is everythin’ okay? You want me to go get Blue?”

She laughed and put his hand on her stomach one more time; she read in one of her ‘journey to motherhood books, that this was around the stage she’d feel the baby beginning to move,“It is moving look feel again.”

He grabbed her by the neck and kissed her: softly, passionately, a kiss that said, ‘I love you more than life it self’ all with in a few seconds of his lips touching hers.

“Thank you for sharing it with me, I love it, I love you. I love both of you “ as if you were my own “ I just wanted you to know.”

She retuned the kiss and looked into his eyes “we love you to, Logan.”

As they were about to kiss for the third time the thoughts of Charles Xavier prompting them popped into their heads {my X-men, I’m sorry I need you.}

They both knew the third kiss would have to wait, duty called.





You must login () to review.