Logan, Hank, Remy and Ororo were on their to the hospital, not because anything was wrong with 16 week pregnant Ororo, but because the mind prompt from Xavier was to tell them that almost divorced couple; Scott Summers and Jean Grey was in a horrible car accident; Charles Xavier was only in contact with Jean – which meant one of two things for Scott, no one wanted to think about what either one meant.

It is exactly a nine minute drive between the X-mansion and Northern West Chester Hospital, in between which is Jean’s lawyer a Miss. Anastasia Clarkson; where Scott was driving Jean to since Jean’s car was in the shop thanks to a blown gasket that Logan couldn’t fix.

Everything lurched into Ororo’s throat when on their way to the hospital they had to drive passed the crime scene; Scott’s black Honda Civic was being towed away from the crime scene: with front end damage so bad the hood of the car was up against the shattered windshield and you could see the inner workings of the poor civic.

It seemed like a Burnt Orange BMW was involved in the crash as well, At least Logan thought it was a BMW, the car was so banged up it was barely recognizable.

No body missed the Crime Scene Investigators, Police men, Fire firefighters and Paramedics that were roving the scene, putting out fires and collecting various evidence for the investigation.

Logan tried to cover Ororo’s eyes from the bloody sheet hiding a body in the middle of the road, it was too late. She saw it as well, and retched until she was sick in an old take out bag, Remy found under the seat; “why is there a sheet? Why would there be a sheet? Unless someone is dead? Is someone dead?”

Logan took her by the hand and rubbed her back as big tears dropped fell from her eyes “honey, if someone died in the accident – that don’t mean that its Scott– he could be perfectly fine.”

Remy nodded in agreement “Remy agree wit Logan, it must be a bon sign dat we are ‘eading towards de hôpital and not de morgue, hmm?” Ororo cried harder, and Beast nudged Remy hard enough to keep him from talking any more in the car ride.

Four x-men stormed the emergency room to North West Chester Hospital; Hank McCoy was the first one to reach that triage desk and talk to an attractive nurse with sable hair wearing Winnie the pooh nursing scrubs “may I help you?” she was totally unfazed by Hank’s blue furry body and face; that he was trying to hide under a trench coat and hat.

“Yes, we are looking for our friends; they were in a car accident and we were told that we could find them here.”

The nurse with the name tag that read ‘Sandrine’ spoke with a small tired smile; “what are your friends’ names?”

“Jean Grey-Summers and Scott Summers.”

Sandrine with the sable hair nodded, “I’ll go check.”

Beast looked at the rest of his team “looks like all we can do now is: wait.”

~ ~ ~

It took five minutes, before Sandrine came back from the emergency room to talk to Hank and the rest of the team: “I’m sorry you can go see Mrs. Grey-Summers, but Mr. Summers is still in surgery.”

The team looked at each other with worry “Surgery?”

Sandrine nodded “I don’t know anything about that; you’ll have to find his doctor, in the surgical waiting room. Mrs. Grey-Summers though is in emergency room bed nine.”

Everyone nodded their thanks, and walked into the swinging doors quietly; not too sure on what to expect.


~ ~ ~

The Xmen tried to ignore the screams of pain, and mourning in the emergency room; they walked passed the stroke patient, and the nine month old with chicken pox, they walked past a little quicker when they passed by the guy who got into a fight and was in the very obvious need of many stitches to the face.

Logan hated hospitals; the last time he was in a hospital they infused his skeleton with adamantium; but, he had to get over that for Jean and Scott’s sake.

He had to get over that if his now girlfriend was going to have a baby in twenty-four weeks.

Almost sensing his thoughts, the woman he just deemed as his girl friend
grabbed his hand and pulled back the curtain of Room nine – expecting the very worse.

~ ~ ~



Jean was beat up, but nothing to serious a few Band-Aids wouldn’t fix up. One of her green eyes was blackened and bruised, she had a few cuts from where the windshield cut up her face, hands and neck, a long with a cast on her right wrist; but, other that she looked like she was going to hold up.

“Jean! What happened? Are you okay?” Ororo was the first one to wrap her delicate arms around the neck of her best friend.

Crying, the redheaded x-woman hugged her back; “hey guys, I’m okay – just a broken wrist and a really bad headache, a few scrapes. How is Scott?”

Logan rested a hand on her shoulder “we dunno darlin’ we just came and ran in here ta see you. We can go find him if ya want though. Why don’t you tell us what happened, first?” He didn’t want to say anything about him being in surgery.

The telepath took a deep breath, and with her arms still wrapped around Storm she started her story: “There isn’t a lot to tell, Scott was driving me to my lawyer’s office, because my car is still in the shop. He waited for me in the car, and he was going to drop me off back at the mansion. We were on our way back, and we started arguing, saying how if it wasn’t for,” she glanced at Ororo and stopped talking, for a second.

“It is okay, go on, child.” Ororo brushed the hair from Jean’s neck in a lovingly mother-like gesture.

Jean took a breath before she started continuing “saying how if it wasn’t for the incident then we wouldn’t have to be getting a divorce.”

Remy was confused “w’at incident, was Scott talkin’ ‘bout?” his thick Cajun accent masking his words.

Ororo rolled her eyes and pointed at her swelling belly.

Remy’s eyes widened and he smiled smugly “Remy see.”

Jean continued “Anyway, we were arguing cause I thought it was ridiculous, Scott would even make such an accusation – Ororo didn’t get herself pregnant using Scott’s ‘little soldiers.’ So, I said that if anyone was to blame, it was him NOT, ‘Ro.”

Ororo was going to correct her but thought against it at that moment “go on.”

“We started arguing about the situation, and he took his eyes off the road for a second it was only a second and-” tears started to well in her eyes, but, she willed them away “a-a car was speeding he ran the red light. Scott-” Jean was crying too hard to continue she leaned herself into Ororo’s breast and sobbed uncontrollably.

Ororo hugged her to her breast and shushed her quietly “why don’t two of you go and see if you can find Scott. The nurse said he was still in surgery.”

Jean looked at the team; her face streaked with mascara ran tears “surgery?”

Ororo rubbed her back “it is okay, Jean, the men will figure out what is going on.” Beast and Remy were already half way down the hall.

Logan picked up a black marker pen and started doodling little chibi versions of the Xmen on Jean’s cast to pass the time.

He really did hate hospitals.





You must login () to review.